SSL 2 Audio Interface

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
gullum

05 Jul 2020

Ex ballance and also Ex motu 823x
after lots and lots of strange problems with my motu it just died on me

I now have the SSL2 not + version and I love it knobs and buttons feel nice and it just works for me
but I am on a mac but I don't think it should be any différance with windows
IMG_7204.JPG
IMG_7204.JPG (182.79 KiB) Viewed 678 times

O1B

05 Jul 2020

Nice!
gullum wrote:
05 Jul 2020
I now have the SSL2 not + version and I love it knobs and buttons feel nice and it just works for me

PhillipOrdonez

05 Jul 2020

Looks dope, gullum!

Skimrok

06 Jul 2020

gullum wrote:
05 Jul 2020
Ex ballance and also Ex motu 823x
after lots and lots of strange problems with my motu it just died on me

but I am on a mac but I don't think it should be any différance with windows
IMG_7204.JPG
yummy I have a feeling im going to try one of these myself as I grow with my toys :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

charlesv

11 Aug 2020

Benedict wrote:
30 Jun 2020

Besides my Balance is incredibly sticky. That rubbery material was not such a good choice after all. Same on my P6 so I imagine a manufacturer sold the material to everyone, not realizing what would happen to it over time.
For what it's worth, I recently disassembled my Balance and removed all the reverted rubber coating with a paste of water and baking soda plus some elbow grease, and was _really_ pleased with the results.

Before:
After:

PhillipOrdonez

03 Jan 2021

Reviving this thread to ask: anyone here has the +?

I'm wondering if the second headphone output could be used as a send for hardware effects? What about those unbalanced outputs many interfaces have? Can those be used as a send as well?

Looking for a small interface. I'm torn between more inputs and size... But size is more important right now, and I guess I can live with two inputs for now.

The Audient id14 looked great but upon reading reviews they don't last very long, which is a shame because the button could be used for things like scrolling the project and I do do that a lot when doing post production.. right now, leaning more towards the ssl2+.

Benedict, how's the Evo working for you?

Thanks.

Benedict
Competition Winner

13 Sep 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
03 Jan 2021
Benedict, how's the Evo working for you?
Sorry, been awol. This is probably no longer relevant for you but...

Evo 4 has been a joy. It is physically light and you need to be aware of what mode you are in for the Knob but in terms of doing the job, it is a lovely thing. I even recorded an album worth of guitar with someone on the Evo (oh and a singer warbled into it too - with a condenser no less).

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

• Information