GHAMMY Harm / Pitch Shifter [by Turn2on]

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

guitfnky

29 Jun 2020

turn2on wrote:
29 Jun 2020
v.1.0.2 in the shop now!
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... h-shifter/

- Patch support
- small GUI fixes
by golly, you’ve done it! thanks for adding this so quickly!
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2020

I love this pedal...I love it!!!! Seriously one of the best REs ever for me.
There seems to be more and more guitar stuff creeping into Reason and that makes me very happy...been waiting since they introduced Record :).
Lot of guitarists appearing on the forum too...oh yeah and there's a drummer as well...now what's his name again? Hmmm. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

geronimo

29 Jun 2020

Yes; OK but under REASON 10 ans an Apple computer under SIERRA !
I'm with the demo-version _
Whammy .mov.zip
(912.9 KiB) Downloaded 90 times

turn2on
RE Developer

30 Jun 2020

Oh, it’s very strange! Need to understand this situation.
Did you try to reload Mac/pc, Remove RE with Autorizer, and reinstall RE ?
First time in all years I look when RE can’t be loaded
Im test now - at Mac Catalina and PC Win 10 machines, device loading without problems and work under R11 and R10.4.1d4 (build 10700).

May be this is local problem of downloaded RE (something damaged at download stage). Other users can test loading of device.. New version been tested.

geronimo

30 Jun 2020

Request transmitted to Reasonstudios because this behavior occurs with other REs .

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Jun 2020

geronimo wrote:
30 Jun 2020
Request transmitted to Reasonstudios because this behavior occurs with other REs .
Good luck getting an answer.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

littlejam

30 Jun 2020

hello,

i just picked up the ghammy
i believe this is the last day of the sale, too
so if you don't have this RE you should pick it up

have a blessed day

and thanks to turn2on for such amazing REs

cheers,
j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

geronimo

30 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
30 Jun 2020
Good luck getting an answer.
Not yet resolved but I just got an answer; I will notify you as soon as I have the solution _

geronimo

01 Jul 2020

I finally found the cause of my graphic troubles.
As I enjoyed editing and customizing, I changed the images of some VSTs while keeping the same file name created, however.
These image files are located along the following path, in Apple computer version:

Users / Applications Support / Propellerhead Software / Reason / Plugin Screenshots _

So I deleted all the pictures in this folder in order to start on a good basis; damage to customization.
And the problem seems to me solved because the Ghammy Harm work fine now as well as the other products with a curious GUI, before.

All of this may be good to know. :puf_smile:

Gardinski

03 Jul 2020

Quick quiz: Is anybody else using the Nektar Expression Pedal with Ghammy? It would appear that my Nektar Expression Pedal never quite returns to 'zero' when fully depressed.

Instead, it bottoms out around 1.6%, which creates a doubled/detuned 'chorussy' effect rather than the desired "whammy off" signal. I'm not sure whether this is a hardware fault or an issue within Ghammy (or Reason itself).

I've emailed Nektar to ask whether they have any ideas how I could resolve it, but have yet to receive a reply, so I thought I'd ask you guys. (There's a fair likelihood that somebody's using the same hardware, which might help me to narrow down the source of the problem.)

Cheers guys!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2020

Gardinski wrote:
03 Jul 2020
Quick quiz: Is anybody else using the Nektar Expression Pedal with Ghammy? It would appear that my Nektar Expression Pedal never quite returns to 'zero' when fully depressed.

Instead, it bottoms out around 1.6%, which creates a doubled/detuned 'chorussy' effect rather than the desired "whammy off" signal. I'm not sure whether this is a hardware fault or an issue within Ghammy (or Reason itself).

I've emailed Nektar to ask whether they have any ideas how I could resolve it, but have yet to receive a reply, so I thought I'd ask you guys. (There's a fair likelihood that somebody's using the same hardware, which might help me to narrow down the source of the problem.)

Cheers guys!
I remember reading somewhere about calibrating that Nektar exp Pedal. I’ll look around a bit and get back to you. What controller are you using?

Edit: are you getting the full range on other devices in the rack using the exp pedal? If not then you might need to scoosh the pot in the pedal with a bit of contact spray.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Gardinski

03 Jul 2020

Hi Mr Figg,

There is a calibration pot on the side of the NXP, but it's set to 'zero' (ie. max range).

I'd never noticed an issue with the pedal before now, but that's probably because I generally use it for things like 'wah', or sometimes tremolo on Rad Keys etc. In such instances, 'non-zeroing' is not so immediately noticeable, whereas with pitch-related devices, it stands out like a sore thumb due to the obvious detuning effect.

However, on closer inspection, it does appear to be 'off' by about 1% on all other devices too. That definitely rules out GHAMMY as the culprit. The issue must lie either with the pedal OR with the way in which the signal is being treated.

I'm connecting it via the Nektar Panorama P6. I've checked the settings on the P6, and there is a means of calibrating the EXP input, but again, it's as optimised as it can be... My one remaining thought is that it might be something that has only come to light as a result of one of the Panorama updates (perhaps), but I'd imagine that others would have experienced similar effects too if that were the case.

I'm now wondering whether there might be some kind of CV fix, (possibly through Delta) which would alter the trim, or 'reduce' the signal by x%. Unfortunately, I'm unable to test that this afternoon, but will give it a look this evening.

Cheers,
Gardinski

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2020

Gardinski wrote:
03 Jul 2020
Hi Mr Figg,

There is a calibration pot on the side of the NXP, but it's set to 'zero' (ie. max range).

I'd never noticed an issue with the pedal before now, but that's probably because I generally use it for things like 'wah', or sometimes tremolo on Rad Keys etc. In such instances, 'non-zeroing' is not so immediately noticeable, whereas with pitch-related devices, it stands out like a sore thumb due to the obvious detuning effect.

However, on closer inspection, it does appear to be 'off' by about 1% on all other devices too. That definitely rules out GHAMMY as the culprit. The issue must lie either with the pedal OR with the way in which the signal is being treated.

I'm connecting it via the Nektar Panorama P6. I've checked the settings on the P6, and there is a means of calibrating the EXP input, but again, it's as optimised as it can be... My one remaining thought is that it might be something that has only come to light as a result of one of the Panorama updates (perhaps), but I'd imagine that others would have experienced similar effects too if that were the case.

I'm now wondering whether there might be some kind of CV fix, (possibly through Delta) which would alter the trim, or 'reduce' the signal by x%. Unfortunately, I'm unable to test that this afternoon, but will give it a look this evening.

Cheers,
Gardinski
I used an m-audio pedal with my panorama t4 with the latest firmware to control ghammy without any problems. Before that I was using my mod wheel and also found I wasn’t getting the full range. I sprayed it with contact spray and it was back to working fine again. I don’t know if you can open up the Nektar pedal but if you can there’s probably a pot in there which you can try a little contact spray on. I don’t know how they look. Maybe you can do it from the outside?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

turn2on
RE Developer

03 Jul 2020

Im personally work with Nektar NX-P expression pedal.
Im work with it when start to build GHAMMY, and my NX-P - working perfectly with GHAMMY in full range.

Im start to work with this pedal using expression input port into Novation Supernova II Rack synthesizer. Midi signal work very nice.
Near to release of GHAMMY, I build Arduino based converter (write manual how to build it on site and attach manual at product page).

Only once I have situation when pedal not work from zero.. when I build MIDI-USB converter, but this been problem of bad wire connection of stereo input jack of expression pedal. I fix it and all work perfect..

Know 3 friends who work in the same way with Nektar NX-P with GHAMMy and other REs (using Arduino converter). All work fine.

May be you need to set Ghammy pedal position to zero, and only after that edit remote controller selection? If you secret remote override, when ghammy pedal not at zero, you can have not full range.
From time to time, I found in months of active play, knob of calibration at this pedal can be moved, just fix it back and all work fine.

No real problems with this pedal.
But if you try to work with this pedal at any hardware synth as source - and have a problem with this synth controlling, you can have problem with your pedal, and need go to the shop if have warranty.
Anyway, problem at pedal side, or using it. May be you really have problem of calibration POT, it can work wrong, try to move it in full range few times. Don't know what pot used at NX-P, but cheap POTs can work bad

Gardinski

03 Jul 2020

Turn2On & Mr Figg - Thanks very much indeed, guys. I shall try Turn2On's suggestion (ie. ensuring that the pedal is zeroed BEFORE setting up remote override), and if that doesn't do the trick I'll order some contact spray.

I don't have the pedal next to me right now, so I'm not sure how feasible it is to open it up without wreaking havoc, but if it looks achievable, I'll give it a whirl.

Having said that, I'm sure it's still under guarantee - (I bought it around December) - so that's another route I should maybe investigate before going all Frankenstein on its ass and voiding the warranty!
Last edited by Gardinski on 03 Jul 2020, edited 2 times in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2020

Gardinski wrote:
03 Jul 2020
Turn2On & Mr Figg - Thanks very much indeed, guys. I shall try Turn2On's suggestion (ie. ensuring that the pedal is zeroed BEFORE setting up remote override), and if that doesn't do the trick I'll order some contact spray.

I don't have the pedal next to me right now, so I'm not sure how feasible it is to open it up without wreaking havoc, but if it looks achievable, I'll give it a whirl.

Having said that, I'm sure it's still under guarantee - (I bought it around December) - so that's another route I should maybe investigate before going all Frankenstein on its ass and voiding the warranty!
Yep. Do the Turn2on thing first.
If your pedal is under guarantee don’t open it up. Send it back. Whenever I try to fix things they usually end up more broken than they were when I started :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Gardinski

03 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
03 Jul 2020
Whenever I try to fix things they usually end up more broken than they were when I started :).
But that's how the greatest discoveries are made! Wasn't that more or less how overdrive/fuzz was 'invented' - from trying to replicate the sound of a broken speaker cone/slashed amp?

ps. Huge congrats once again to Turn2On for creating GHAMMY. It's an absolutely brilliant RE, imho, and works magnificently on vocals. I'm currently using it to create the voices of an intergalactic crimefighting cat and his arch-nemesis, a psychopathic elephant supervillain. (Obviously there are other ways of doing this within Reason, but none are so much fun!)

turn2on
RE Developer

03 Jul 2020

I already open now my pedal and make some photos. Its very simple pedal, 2 pots, 1 switch.
Need to test all wire contacts.May be change POT.. Pedal not have any warranty plumbs and need only screw up panel..

If you test pedal with any other hardware and find problem, and you buy this pedal near to you, you can exchange it.. or try to fix..
But if your pedal work nice at hardware, may be you need check your midi connections...

Some midi signals can work bad with errors in various scenarios.

ps: I recommend to save Max position of Nektar NX-P pedal, when you not work with it. At the Min position - pedal have very big opened hole, that can eat dust, that also going to the pots.. pots not love dust

Gardinski

03 Jul 2020

turn2on wrote:
03 Jul 2020

ps: I recommend to save Max position of Nektar NX-P pedal, when you not work with it. At the Min position - pedal have very big opened hole, that can eat dust, that also going to the pots.. pots not love dust
That's really good advice, and something I'd never considered. Many thanks!

okaino

05 Jul 2020

Gardinski wrote:
03 Jul 2020

Cheers guys!
Im using the same pedal with a p4 and have the same issue i tried everything it will max out at 100% but it wont goto 0.

I made sure the grey knob on the pedal was set right because i got less range turning it the opposite way.

I tried changing settings on panorama nothin improved.

I tried using a combinator to try to program the pedal same result.

This was my first expression pedal. im going to try a few on amazon to see if the pedal or the panorama is the issue. Im hoping its the pedal.

Christiannoisegrind

05 Jul 2020

Just entered here to say... this pitch shifter is AWESOME...! 0 latency, and sounds awesome. Best virtual pitch shifter i ever tried.. Would LOVE a VST version of this, please! I want to use this on Reaper!

turn2on
RE Developer

06 Jul 2020

@Christiannoisegrind, we research VST builds but cant say anything interesting about this year..
someday it can be possible. Todays priority is :re: =)

Christiannoisegrind

06 Jul 2020

turn2on wrote:
06 Jul 2020
@Christiannoisegrind, we research VST builds but cant say anything interesting about this year..
someday it can be possible. Todays priority is :re: =)
Cool to know that there is a possibility. Cheers, amazing work ;)

Gardinski

06 Jul 2020

okaino wrote:
05 Jul 2020
Im using the same pedal with a p4 and have the same issue i tried everything it will max out at 100% but it wont goto 0.

I made sure the grey knob on the pedal was set right because i got less range turning it the opposite way.

I tried changing settings on panorama nothin improved.

I tried using a combinator to try to program the pedal same result.

This was my first expression pedal. im going to try a few on amazon to see if the pedal or the panorama is the issue. Im hoping its the pedal.
It will be interesting to hear whether you have the same result with different pedals, Okaino,

If it is the P4/P6 that's the source of the problem (and not the pedal itself), then it may be solved by a future update, (although we may need to chase up Nektar and put some pressure on them. As far as I can see, they haven't replied to my query yet - but I acknowledge that times are difficult right now, so that might explain it.

• Information