Code Re-Use: Plugin Alliance: MEGA-SALE-20-OFF

Discuss VST stuff here!
hurricane
Competition Winner

30 Jun 2020

If i had to pick just ONE, I'd go with Thorn for its all-around versatility.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

zoidkirb

30 Jun 2020

Mistro17 wrote:
30 Jun 2020
Ok, If you had to pick one...Thorn (I like the creative potential) or Oberhausen? I'm gonna get one of these.
Flip a coin. The other one is bound to be on steep sale again. Thorn is something that takes a bit more effort to enjoy but it's extremely rewarding what you can achieve with it.
Oberhausen gives me instant analogue fatness and simple things like messing around with filter/frequency sweeps bring endless (almost) joy.

Mistro17

30 Jun 2020

Ok, I went with Thorn because it looks like a lot of fun once you know what you're doing. Hearing a lot of good things about it too. Looks like a good fit for an artist like myself. Deep down I kinda knew I was leaning hard towards it. I will keep an eye out during future sales for Oberhausen and put it on my wish list for now.

Dumb question but...what exactly is GAS? :mrgreen: I'm guessing the "G" stands for "gotta" and the "S" is for sale? I still feel like I have some things to learn around here :lol:

WOO

30 Jun 2020

Boombastix wrote:
29 Jun 2020
They just reset the code: MEGA-SALE-20-OFF

You can grab another item again if you already used it!
If you didn't use it already, you only have one use, not two.
Just went to the site to purchase Thorn. Glad i listened to my gut and decided to try it out before buying. Doesn't work. What's up with the folks at the PA. Very misleading and sketchy site.

hurricane
Competition Winner

30 Jun 2020

WOO wrote:
30 Jun 2020
Boombastix wrote:
29 Jun 2020
They just reset the code: MEGA-SALE-20-OFF

You can grab another item again if you already used it!
If you didn't use it already, you only have one use, not two.
Just went to the site to purchase Thorn. Glad i listened to my gut and decided to try it out before buying. Doesn't work. What's up with the folks at the PA. Very misleading and sketchy site.
Lol - now we have an undercover Waves representative in da house.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

TheDragonborg

30 Jun 2020

Mistro17 wrote:
30 Jun 2020
Ok, I went with Thorn because it looks like a lot of fun once you know what you're doing. Hearing a lot of good things about it too. Looks like a good fit for an artist like myself. Deep down I kinda knew I was leaning hard towards it. I will keep an eye out during future sales for Oberhausen and put it on my wish list for now.

Dumb question but...what exactly is GAS? :mrgreen: I'm guessing the "G" stands for "gotta" and the "S" is for sale? I still feel like I have some things to learn around here :lol:
I love Thorn's arp and glitch sequencer... perfect for the music I'm doing atm (Goa and Psytrance).

Also Lion is pretty cool but that one is going to take some learning as it's a modular system.

tallguy

01 Jul 2020

Mistro17 wrote:
30 Jun 2020
Gear Acquisition Syndrome: that itchy feeling of wanting to buy more gear :D

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 Jul 2020

tallguy wrote:
01 Jul 2020
Mistro17 wrote:
30 Jun 2020
And no matter how much you scratch, that itch will never be relieved.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Mistro17

01 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
01 Jul 2020
tallguy wrote:
01 Jul 2020

I imagine a bad side effect include buying new gear while having stuff you bought a year ago and didn't even use much or at all yet. Yeah, I can see that. May have to hide my wallet while checking in here sometimes.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 Jul 2020

Mistro17 wrote:
01 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
01 Jul 2020

I imagine a bad side effect include buying new gear while having stuff you bought a year ago and didn't even use much or at all yet. Yeah, I can see that. May have to hide my wallet while checking in here sometimes.
I just fixed a wah-wah (Jem crybaby wah-Fuzz) pedal I got from my first girlfriend on our first xmas together in 1987. :)
Also broke a pot on my SansAmp whilst trying to get some contact spray into it.
Keep stuff. Buy more stuff.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information