What is your experience with Propellerhead's support?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
djadalaide

26 Sep 2018

dezma wrote:
26 Sep 2018
Went from okay several years ago to simply terrible now. Last time I had to chat on facebook to get an update on a bug, logged 3 weeks earlier.

I also don't understand their roadmap any more. Basic functionality such as wav file drag and drop into VST eg for (drum)samplers is missing for over a year now. Why on earth focus on new synths and samples while we still need a full VST host to be able to do simple things. Isn't the whole point of VST support that you don't need another host any more? I guess functionality looks less appealing as opposed to new content marketing - wise. R10 is the first upgrade I skipped since R4.

Also the email spam is kind of annoying.
Drag and drop for windows does not work for me from external apps, it works on mac.

Seems like being funded has changed how they operate.

RandyEspoda

26 Sep 2018

Well, I always use fb chat to contact them and I always get help fairly quickly, and they always respond to my inquiries...
I've never once used their forms on the website though...

Mike Keys

25 Mar 2020

I have no problem with reply time, but they don't read or understand the emails.
I have tried for 2 years to have my Authorisation reset. It got corrupted when trying to de-authorise my old Mac some time ago.
They all tell me the same thing - send a screenshot - and when I do - then another reply telling me to Authorise my new computer by hitting the authorise button - which doesn't work - and hasn't worked for 2 years.
really? is it that hard to reset authorisations on a PAID account?
Yea, Propellerhead CS sucks!

ltbrunt00

27 Mar 2020

never had any issues, Only ever contacted them over past project corruption issues which were fix fairly quickly.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Karim
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2020

for those 4 or 5 issues that I have had over 18 years my experience with them has been more than excellent
Regin wrote:
14 Sep 2018
Let there be no doubt. I love Propellerhead Reason, and I’ve been using it since version 2. In the beginning, as a rewire slave, but after Record and the ability to record audio, other DAWs have slowly played a lesser role.

However, last week something went wrong. I did a subscription order where the payment went through without a hitch, but none of the licenses were transferred to my account. This happened Saturday. I wrote to support with the expectation, that they would get back within a reasonable time to fix the issue.

However, now we have Friday, and tomorrow is Saturday again. So far I’ve heard nothing from Propellerhead’s support, and contacting them on Facebook has not changed anything other than the message that they will get back to me a.s.a.p. What that actually means is still not clear.

Needless to say, this does not impress me, and I am slowly beginning to doubt how much Propellerhead actually cares for their customers other than getting the money.

In my experience, it does not seem like they are prioritizing customer support, which I think is a bad move. Because, what is the worth of a product or service, if you can’t get help when something goes horribly wrong?

Just to get a broader perspective, I would like to know what your experience has been with Propellerhead's support?
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

gregmarksimpson

29 Mar 2020

Useless.

plaamook

29 Mar 2020

They’ve always been good to me.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Oquasec

29 Mar 2020

Been good over the years man.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2020

I’ve opened a lot of tickets over the years and the have never been anything other than friendly and extremely helpful. At the moment, for obvious reasons, the support staff are working from home so things may take a bit longer. They’re still doing a good job in my opinion though.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

jkat101

29 Jun 2020

I have a problem with reason and they still cant sort it. waiting days for replies, now in second week

chimp_spanner

29 Jun 2020

jkat101 wrote:
29 Jun 2020
I have a problem with reason and they still cant sort it. waiting days for replies, now in second week
Just out of interest what's the issue? Wonder if it's something any of us can help with?

WOO

30 Jun 2020

Never got a reply to a problem I had months back. Same with waves plugins. With waves its been 18 months and my plugins still don't work.

Murf
RE Developer

30 Jun 2020

They are usually responsive from dev support email within a week or 2.

Faastwalker

01 Jul 2020

I don't recall ever having to use Propellerhead support. Possibly I emailed support regarding a change of account name relating to the music uploading service they used to run (I've forgotten the name of the service / App). That was resolved quite quickly. But I don't recall ever having to email technical support. Given the size of the company I wouldn't expect a reply in anything like a timely fashion. If they receive a large volume of tech support requests I couldn't see how they could possibly deal with this. I'm not aware of Reason Studios even having a dedicated tech support 'team'.

vestapol

08 Jul 2020

Absolutely worst support experience I've had. Ticket opened for months, zero response.

I was suckered into the Suite 11 upgrade by the torrent installer on offer - which worked fine on my lousy Internet connection. Problem is the Prop's torrent is incomplete - it's only the core program!

To get the bulk of Suite there's only the dreaded Authorizer and manage Content. At an avg of 8kbs I eventually managed to DL the small REs, but none of the 6 big REs or any of the Suite content ever complete and any DL progress made is not retained, every retry starts over from zero.

I'm in a very remote location and don't have any safe or convenient connectivity alternatives. Every other music app developer I use (long list) I can with patience eventually DL, but not Reason.

My plea for a torrent of the big REs and content evidently fell on deaf ears.

Thanks for asking.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Jul 2020

Yeah well...if you search this forum for my opinion on Support you will find glowing reports. “Best Support ever” “Love them” and so on.
I’m sorry to say though that in recent months that my opinion has changed for the worst. I don’t know if it’s because they are understaffed but closing tickets, after I’ve eventually solved the problems myself In the intervening time period, without even acknowledging them in any way is not impressive.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

earwig83

12 Jul 2020

Always have been incredibly slow an d the last time I contacted them about licensing confusion, they were very "professionally" rude when I asked them to clarify the nature of the licensing model. Makes me scared that I can offend the person by accident and be banned unfairly from accessing all my RE and program.

JerrelTheKing

13 Jul 2020

Terrible.. 2 different times I had issues they didnt get back to me until a month later.. I had to comb these forums to troubleshoot solutions.. I've been a user since Reason 4..

dusan.cani

20 Jul 2020

Quite bad. I've created ticked 10 days ago and no response at all. And I have ticket from last year - it's not solved and they have closed it after several months as "solved".

By the way, anybody experienced similar problem with authorization/licenses as is stated in the ticket below ? Perhaps someone on this forum could help with this issue :(
ticket.PNG
ticket.PNG (39.61 KiB) Viewed 1144 times

In contrary to RS I have brilliant support experience with other developers such as Rob Papen + other RE devs, Arturia, Kilohearts, etc.

jam-s

22 Jul 2020

Have you tried to "sync all"? Usually this fixes any RE license in a flaky state.

ab459

24 Jul 2020

I did create ticket 6 days ago and got no reply yet. It seems as i remember about two years ago Prop's guys were more communicative, strange what occurs.
But, i see at another (closed without reply) tiket which was create 2 months ago, and he has number for almost 4000 less than latest. I just imagined how a much content for answers they have per day, oh my.. (Or for non-answers)

DaveyG

24 Jul 2020

Support used to be really good. Now it's really crap. Cost saving I guess.

dusan.cani

24 Jul 2020

They've finally replied and my ticked is resolved now.
jam-s wrote:
22 Jul 2020
Have you tried to "sync all"? Usually this fixes any RE license in a flaky state.
Yes, I did this. But I backed up Rack Extension folder to another place before SYNC ALL. Then I copied Quad folder after SYNC ALL to backed up folder and then moved backed up RE folder back to original location. This way I preserved my REs installation state - I didn't want to install all of REs I've purchased by SYNC ALL.

tallguy

25 Jul 2020

The few times I've had dealings with their support have been great.

gbuck

26 Jul 2020

tallguy wrote:
25 Jul 2020
The few times I've had dealings with their support have been great.
They have always responded and helped me over the last 19 years, even the dumb questions.
20200722_213933 (640x480).jpg
Reason 1
20200722_213933 (640x480).jpg (153.14 KiB) Viewed 985 times

• Information