Reason Studios has closed all of my tickets without solutions

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
robotgard

29 Jun 2020

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2020

I have stopped sending them bug reports. Not worth my time…

And IF they fix it you don't know cause you normally never hear back. And IF they fix it, it takes sooo much time that the fix is on the new version and they charge you a $129 upgrade. I sent recently a remainder about a bug that is >1yr old, think it was April last year, not even a response, crickets...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Loque

29 Jun 2020

Wow...the same with my tickets too. I think there were still 2 open tickets which were not solved yet...Didnt got an email, so they did this secretly...That was a really bad move.
Reason12, Win10

Boombastix
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2020

Maybe it is up for sale now? And hey prospective buyers, look: "Not a single support ticket"... everything works perfectly, come buy our company...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2020

I just opened mine up again. Sick of Authorizer. Sick of Support. Sick of buggy REs. Sick sick sick (666?)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

29 Jun 2020

The KPI's are probably due.

At the place I work the performance of the IT support team is measured by how fast they close tickets and how many open tickets they have. So when the KPI review is due they usually just close any tickets older than a week or two. They also have this habit of ping-ponging the tickets between themselves so your ticket will seem to be progressing but actually they just pass it on to someone new every few days. And on one memorable occasion, I chased a ticket only to find out that the guy it was assigned to had left the company!!!

Ermitage

29 Jun 2020

Boombastix wrote:
29 Jun 2020
I have stopped sending them bug reports. Not worth my time…

And IF they fix it you don't know cause you normally never hear back. And IF they fix it, it takes sooo much time that the fix is on the new version and they charge you a $129 upgrade. I sent recently a remainder about a bug that is >1yr old, think it was April last year, not even a response, crickets...
I discovered the Drum Sequencer sync bug shortly after it got released. Wanted to file a bug report, but trying to even find an email adress for support on their website was so impossible that I just said fuck it. Left me with the impression that they're not really interested in feedback.

danc

29 Jun 2020

DaveyG wrote:
29 Jun 2020
The KPI's are probably due.

At the place I work the performance of the IT support team is measured by how fast they close tickets and how many open tickets they have. So when the KPI review is due they usually just close any tickets older than a week or two. They also have this habit of ping-ponging the tickets between themselves so your ticket will seem to be progressing but actually they just pass it on to someone new every few days. And on one memorable occasion, I chased a ticket only to find out that the guy it was assigned to had left the company!!!
It's ok... our friends from Reason Studios will come along today to ReasonTalk and explain their reasons for closing your tickets.

We all love Reason Studios for their open-book, friendly, kind, helpful, touching-base with their customer approach.

Oh wait on.. they (let's make that singular - it's the same person each time from RS) hasn't been vocal on here for like a year and that was only to promote the v11 launch.

COME ON REASON STUDIOS - get with the 21st century and engage with your customers (yes - your wage payers).
Check my Soundcloud:

RealReasonHead

29 Jun 2020

Just checked and they did the same with mine. I find this infuriating. It seems really dishonest. If they just said "Look, we've received your ticket but we don't have the time to fix this bug, sorry!" I would understand. I wouldn't be happy but I would understand. Closing them without saying anything is not a good way to deal with this.

And honestly, I would like Mattias to just write a statement on this. We all know he reads the forums. Do some PR.

diminished
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2020

Hehe, after waiting for about 4 or 5 months (!) I asked about the status of a RS RE bug I submitted (confirmed, 8 months ago) and the support person replied something along the lines of: "Sorry, haven't heard back from the developers and I don't have an answer. Have a good day." - and closed the ticket. LOL.
Can't blame the support for lack of internal communication and developers who don't care, but man, that was something.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Steedus
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2020

For what it's worth, I can only get the newsletter/emails to work with my Hotmail email address. If I use my mail email address I don't receive any email messages whatsoever.. I have no idea why. Been like that for years.

robotgard

29 Jun 2020

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

friday

29 Jun 2020

I have no open tickets, therefore I can not comprehend by my self. But what the f*** hell, if your experience are the trough, then it's actually a scandal!

I work as a network engineer and also have to manage second level support tickets. Our regulation is, we have to ask the customer if it is ok to close the ticket,. If the customer does not give us the okay, we need to investigate further. That is also my experience with all the manufacturers (Cisco, Huawei, Fortinet...) where I open tickets. They all ask, if its okay to close the ticket!

Let us update this post until everyone in the forum knows about their behavior.

tanni

29 Jun 2020

So, it seems that there are a lot of people here, who are not satisfied with the reasonstudios support.
I have reported a "grafics"- bug with remote override control time ago and they confirmed the bug, but say, that cannot do anything at the moment. So, maybe in future. But that feels for customers bad.
I think, they dont fix all bugs because of time. They are concentrate their resources on other things (updates which brings money).

Billy+

29 Jun 2020

Maybe every thing has been fix and we have an update on its way!

Or maybe someone with the qualifications should apply for some currently available jobs?

https://www.reasonstudios.com/employmen ... al-officer Just remember the best way to drive revenue is to have a user base that is excited about a product and tells everyone to buy it!

https://www.reasonstudios.com/employmen ... -developer Keywords here would be test before making live changes..

Anyone thinking of applying?

kuhliloach

29 Jun 2020

Billy wrote:
29 Jun 2020
... Just remember the best way to drive revenue is to have a user base that is excited about a product and tells everyone to buy it! ...
I'll always love Reason 10 as a long time user and owner of many RE's but sadly I wouldn't recommend it to others mainly due to confusing nature and poor development of Reason's User Interface. But closing tickets without response? And just leaving people hanging? I, by myself, would provide better support.

Oquasec

29 Jun 2020

Who knows, maybe they are working on another patch?
like last time? and the time before that?
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Reasonable man

29 Jun 2020

We live in a world of stats and profit though.
No-one will ever tell you with 100% clarity how stats are arrived at which makes them quite useless as a reference.
If the stats look good , everythings good... as proved by the politicans in the programme The Wire

fieldframe
RE Developer

29 Jun 2020

The charitable (and more likely) explanation here is that the support tickets have become closed because they were confirmed by the QA team and are now internal development tickets. Every tech company I've worked at has had separate ticketing systems for CS and engineering teams (commonly ZenDesk for the former and Jira for the latter).

All that said, it is poor form to silently close support tickets without a "our QA team has reproduced this bug and added it to the backlog, so we are now closing the ticket" message. That lack of communication leads to exactly the kind of frustrated, resentful responses seen in this thread.

This would be a very welcome time for Mattias to step in and confirm this is the case!

DaveyG

29 Jun 2020

I offer two possible scenarios. Others are available.

1. They upgraded/changed/reconfigured their ticketing system and all the tickets were closed either accidentally or deliberately during that process.

2. Their support team had such an overwhelming backlog that someone has decided to take the nuclear option. They probably justified it by saying something like "Let's close them all and the really important ones will come back".

But, yes, I agree that this is exactly the sort of thing that Mattias should be talking to us about.

moneykube

29 Jun 2020

memories of the great book burning forum shutdown :exclamation:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Zac

29 Jun 2020

I really don't want to spend any more money with these guys. I probably will to keep a serviceable version but it won't be with any joy. They've changed.

sdst
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2020

I didn't know that people sent so many tickets

I've only sent one in 20 years and they solved it

I must be lucky

Goriila Texas

29 Jun 2020

It feels like the people at RS work there part-time while having another full-time job. My 30 day refund was handled in like 4 days though.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Jun 2020

Zac wrote:
29 Jun 2020
I really don't want to spend any more money with these guys. I probably will to keep a serviceable version but it won't be with any joy. They've changed.
Thats pretty much how I feel too. I’m sticking with Reason 10.4. I wish I’d bought the Reason Lite or whatever it’s called when it was €40 so I had some way of using my REs in another DAW in the future. I don’t feel so good about having to upgrade to 11 just so I can move on. Ach...maybe 12 will be awesome.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information