Here's Your Chance To Grab THORN or OBERHAUSEN for $19.99 Again

Discuss VST stuff here!
hurricane
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2020

I went with something different and bought Fiedler Audio Stage.

Speaking of which - it's VST3 only and some really cool plugins have been released lately as VST3 (with no VST2 support):

Fiedler Audio Stage : https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... stage.html
fsa.png
fsa.png (631.16 KiB) Viewed 789 times

Korneff Audio's Talkback Limiter: https://korneffaudio.com/product/talkback-limiter/
korneff.png
korneff.png (260.45 KiB) Viewed 789 times

OSL Side Effects: https://oblivionsoundlab.com/product/osl-side-effects/

osl.png
osl.png (431.13 KiB) Viewed 789 times

But you can't use any of these in Reason because Reason doesn't support VST3. And there are going to be more coming.

Argh!!! Reason Studios are seemingly always behind-the-times and playing catch-up aren't they? Sooooo frustrating!! :x
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Boombastix
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2020

hurricane wrote:
28 Jun 2020
Argh!!! Reason Studios are seemingly always behind-the-times and playing catch-up aren't they? Sooooo frustrating!! :x
A little before the CEO Ernst retired I saw him present about PH and talking about Recycle and the initial 303/808/909 device that they made… yeah, made 20years ago. I've seen this problem in other organizations that they think their innovations from the past is the pinnacle of todays demand and needs. This thought process then infects the whole organization and they are no longer able to innovate, stay focused, or even stay current. It is sad to see, but it happens all the time, like when cameras went digital and many old camera makers died, Kodak is now just a remnant of its past and so many more examples.

Some try to innovate by jumping into new ventures too far away from what they understand and use the processes of the past and fail. Like Nokia who tried to build up a media side, big process driven industry jumping into fast young consumer driven markets... PH had their Allihoopa failure.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to change at RS. The new CEO has had enough time, but nothing has happened that can be identified from the outside. Only that the Web Europa, Elk RE's are side-lined, and other diversifying distractions seems quiet now, but no real and meaningful advances anywhere (besides the RRP).

I have not even seen any official communication from him, it strangely quiet from a CEO who is leading a consumer focused company. Makes you wonder if there was a quiet employee exodus and any new hires are struggling to pick up the pieces, so they are unable make anything work.

Personally I have waited 2 MONTHS now just to get my ReFill in the shop, it tells me something is quite dysfunctional over there.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

lrey

29 Jun 2020

Boombastix wrote:
28 Jun 2020
hurricane wrote:
28 Jun 2020
A little before the CEO Ernst retired I saw him present about PH and talking about Recycle and the initial 303/808/909 device that they made… yeah, made 20years ago. I've seen this problem in other organizations that they think their innovations from the past is the pinnacle of todays demand and needs. This thought process then infects the whole organization and they are no longer able to innovate, stay focused, or even stay current. It is sad to see, but it happens all the time, like when cameras went digital and many old camera makers died, Kodak is now just a remnant of its past and so many more examples.

Some try to innovate by jumping into new ventures too far away from what they understand and use the processes of the past and fail. Like Nokia who tried to build up a media side, big process driven industry jumping into fast young consumer driven markets... PH had their Allihoopa failure.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to change at RS. The new CEO has had enough time, but nothing has happened that can be identified from the outside. Only that the Web Europa, Elk RE's are side-lined, and other diversifying distractions seems quiet now, but no real and meaningful advances anywhere (besides the RRP).

I have not even seen any official communication from him, it strangely quiet from a CEO who is leading a consumer focused company. Makes you wonder if there was a quiet employee exodus and any new hires are struggling to pick up the pieces, so they are unable make anything work.

Personally I have waited 2 MONTHS now just to get my ReFill in the shop, it tells me something is quite dysfunctional over there.
It'd really be nice if Reason Studios had more transparency. And it'd be great if RS had a better means to listen to their customer needs as opposed to filling out a form on their website. I know Behringer has a Facebook Page dedicated to listening to their customers about new ideas and suggestions. I remember when I used to use Pro Tools, they used a service called Ideascale so that users could vote and request which features they wanted in the next versions of the Pro Tools software. As for Reason users, we've gotta just hope and pray that we get the requested features that we want in each new version of Reason. It would seem that we're somewhat at the mercy of Reason Studios as they can do whatever they wish to do(a la focusing on Reason as a plugin as opposed to making it a great DAW).

Boombastix
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2020

lrey wrote:
29 Jun 2020
It'd really be nice if Reason Studios had more transparency. And it'd be great if RS had a better means to listen to their customer needs as opposed to filling out a form on their website. I know Behringer has a Facebook Page dedicated to listening to their customers about new ideas and suggestions. I remember when I used to use Pro Tools, they used a service called Ideascale so that users could vote and request which features they wanted in the next versions of the Pro Tools software. As for Reason users, we've gotta just hope and pray that we get the requested features that we want in each new version of Reason. It would seem that we're somewhat at the mercy of Reason Studios as they can do whatever they wish to do(a la focusing on Reason as a plugin as opposed to making it a great DAW).
Yeah, many companies have this. Cubase sent out a detailed survey regarding new features. Studio 1 have their forum with interaction. Loopcloud is very active doing this in their private Facebook group and so on. Every time I turn to Reason's social media posts I see people request VST midi out. The only response, maybe 6 mo ago, "we have no plans for it". And that's it... Not how you run a company if you want to be successful. It is not like there is a need to keep this a secret to the competition since Reason is the ONLY DAW that lacks this essential function. :roll:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Loque

29 Jun 2020

Boombastix wrote:
29 Jun 2020
lrey wrote:
29 Jun 2020
Yeah, many companies have this. Cubase sent out a detailed survey regarding new features. Studio 1 have their forum with interaction. Loopcloud is very active doing this in their private Facebook group and so on. Every time I turn to Reason's social media posts I see people request VST midi out. The only response, maybe 6 mo ago, "we have no plans for it". And that's it... Not how you run a company if you want to be successful. It is not like there is a need to keep this a secret to the competition since Reason is the ONLY DAW that lacks this essential function. :roll:
When i look at all the software i use, there is nearly no company providing any info about what they do and when they gonna do something. There are just a few exceptions, but the infos are often very vague. So comparing a company like Apple, which just promote themselves to their disciples, and a other company which do not do those big religious shows does seem to make any sense.

And btw, this thread is about grabbing Thorn or Oberhausen for free.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2020

Loque wrote:
29 Jun 2020
Boombastix wrote:
29 Jun 2020

When i look at all the software i use, there is nearly no company providing any info about what they do and when they gonna do something. There are just a few exceptions, but the infos are often very vague. So comparing a company like Apple, which just promote themselves to their disciples, and a other company which do not do those big religious shows does seem to make any sense.

How can we get Thorn or Oberhausen for free? It's $39.99 so with the $20 voucher it takes it down to $19.99 or even cheaper if you use the Survey Voucher instead. Or do you know a way to get it for free that I'm missing?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

tallguy

29 Jun 2020

Boombastix just started a new thread about this. But they've just reset the code, you can use it again

The code is still:
MEGA-SALE-20-OFF

lrey

29 Jun 2020

Boombastix wrote:
29 Jun 2020
lrey wrote:
29 Jun 2020
Wow, never knew those companies did that! That's actually pretty awesome... how those companies are actively seeking customer/user input and feedback. From all the years of being a Reason user, I've never once received a survey or questionnaire. And you mentioned that Studio One has a forum... Do you remember when Propellerheads used to have an official forum??? It was great! Nice community. But what'd they do??? They got rid of the official forums... just a shame, really. It was such a great way to keep in contact with their user base and Reason community. Looking at it from their point of view, I guess it was a convenient way for them NOT to have to listen or deal with us.

And to stay on topic... yes, those deals at Plugin Alliance are super GRRRREAT!!! :mrgreen: Thorn is a beast

zoidkirb

29 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 Jun 2020

How can we get Thorn or Oberhausen for free? It's $39.99 so with the $20 voucher it takes it down to $19.99 or even cheaper if you use the Survey Voucher instead. Or do you know a way to get it for free that I'm missing?
I believe those can't be had for free. Cheapest you might get is $15 by using the survey code if you haven't already.
I used my mega code to get a couple of $10 Lindell Comp/EQs (in the one cart) for free.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2020

zoidkirb wrote:
29 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
29 Jun 2020

I believe those can't be had for free. Cheapest you might get is $15 by using the survey code if you haven't already.
I used my mega code to get a couple of $10 Lindell Comp/EQs (in the one cart) for free.
That’s what I thought. Was just cos Loque said :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

29 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 Jun 2020
Loque wrote:
29 Jun 2020

Can both vouchers be combined? The survey is 25$ down, the other is another 20$ down. I cant try, since i already used both.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2020

Loque wrote:
29 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
29 Jun 2020

Can both vouchers be combined? The survey is 25$ down, the other is another 20$ down. I cant try, since i already used both.
Nah. I tried it. Doesn’t work.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

29 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 Jun 2020
Loque wrote:
29 Jun 2020

Nah. I tried it. Doesn’t work.
Sorry to hear that... :?
Reason12, Win10

tallguy

29 Jun 2020

Survey voucher has stopped working. Can't really complain, it lasted long enough.

WOO

02 Jul 2020

fieldframe wrote:
26 Jun 2020
I hadn't heard of Lion by Unfiltered Audio, but wow, that looks like a real standout in this sale.
Downloaded the trial version last night. Great sounding and very interesting synth. I don't know of another synth out their with some of the capabilities that lion has but i've not tried every synth out their so what do i know. With that being said I hate the gui and a couple of the presets cause reason to shut it down. Sure had fun with it last night!

• Information