Windows Temporary Internet Files Folder: Sucks!!!

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2020

Just been 8 hours reinstalling my Windows 10 pc from scratch After all the updates, re-authorizing of VSTs, installation of necessary programs and everything else I opened up Disk Clean up and selected system files. My temporary internet folder is showing 3.45GB and won't delete. I've looked in the folder and it's empty. I googled a bit and apparently loads, and loads of people have had the same problem for ages without being able to get a fix. Microsoft are obviously no help. So there you go...no big deal really but really annoying for someone who wants stuff to work as it should. Now I need to sleep. Check your folder in disc clean up and maybe you can lie awake tonight thinking about it too :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

rgdaniel

28 Jun 2020

Did you try going to the old Control Panel > Internet Options > General tab and hit "Delete..." under Browsing History?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2020

Thanks but yeah. Tried a whole load of stuff.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

rgdaniel

28 Jun 2020

Easy fix: buy a new computer, and new copies of all your software. Never launch a web browser. (Sorry, not helpful, I know... :| )

kuhliloach

28 Jun 2020

my windows machine may or may not have excess data in that folder. not particularly concerned...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2020

rgdaniel wrote:
28 Jun 2020
Easy fix: buy a new computer, and new copies of all your software. Never launch a web browser. (Sorry, not helpful, I know... :| )
:)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information