Balance Driver Output stuck on 48K

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Benedict
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2020

Hi

I know Props' Balance is out of date now but I was hoping t keep it working with my new (used) Win 10 machine.

I installed Drivers and Balance on a USB 2 port and it works both for Reason & general Audio. Yay.

However, when I tested a file in Reason I noticed that CPUsage was bit higher than expected. I look and see Prefs?Audio set to 48k. Easy fix. Change to 44k. Except it bounces straight back to 48k!!!

I looked at the driver in Win 10 Settings it is locked out from change with only 32 Bit 48k. Is this an inevitable result of trying to push past what the Drivers were designed for?

Thanks

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2020

Benedict wrote:
28 Jun 2020
Hi

I know Props' Balance is out of date now but I was hoping t keep it working with my new (used) Win 10 machine.

I installed Drivers and Balance on a USB 2 port and it works both for Reason & general Audio. Yay.

However, when I tested a file in Reason I noticed that CPUsage was bit higher than expected. I look and see Prefs?Audio set to 48k. Easy fix. Change to 44k. Except it bounces straight back to 48k!!!

I looked at the driver in Win 10 Settings it is locked out from change with only 32 Bit 48k. Is this an inevitable result of trying to push past what the Drivers were designed for?

Thanks

Here you go:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7516154&hilit=Studio+quality
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Benedict
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2020

Update: after a while Balance became very unreliable and even started playing music as a slower rate. It got very crashy too so new interface time I fear :-(

At least, until then, the Realtec device in this machine sounds nice and clear and has no noticeable latency...

Benedict Roff-Marsh

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2020

Benedict wrote:
28 Jun 2020
Update: after a while Balance became very unreliable and even started playing music as a slower rate. It got very crashy too so new interface time I fear :-(

At least, until then, the Realtec device in this machine sounds nice and clear and has no noticeable latency...

You’re welcome.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Benedict
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2020

I knew it would happen but I have always really loved Balance for a nice sound and those two big knobs - because they work so nicely.

I am not sure where to go to get something I love as well.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2020

Benedict wrote:
28 Jun 2020
I knew it would happen but I have always really loved Balance for a nice sound and those two big knobs - because they work so nicely.

I am not sure where to go to get something I love as well.

Again. You’re welcome.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

earwig83

12 Jul 2020

If i recall. just keep clicking on the drop down and keep choosing 96000 until is sticks. works for me, but can take anywhere from 3-7 times!

Bigsby

12 Jul 2020

My Win10/Balance is 32 bit & 48k too. Everything seems stable, so I'm sticking with it for now. I was getting audio slowdowns and general unhappy behavior when trying to change settings.

arqui

13 Jul 2020

Benedict wrote:
28 Jun 2020
Hi

Thanks

Hello Benedict
I've had similar problems, and some unexpected clicks, the only solution was to go back to windos 7. I'm sorry I can't help you.
regards
Alfred
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

• Information