Sending MIDI clock only in sync if played from the start of the song

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Bjørn Felle

27 Jun 2020

I'm trying to sync Reason 10 with my new Polyend Tracker. The tracker appears as a USB MIDI input and output in Reason so I set it as the MIDI clock output in Reason and enabled Send Clock. I set the Tracker to use USB for Clock In and Transport In. It works in that they start playing together, but if I start playing after the very beginning of the song, the two are not in sync. If I rewind Reason to the very beginning then they start in sync.

I have tried:

1. Using a USB MIDI interface as the clock output and using the Tracker's MIDI in as its clock source, but it was the same
2. Using the Tracker as the clock source and slaving Reason to it. This worked and it was in sync, but it means the track rewinds to the very beginning when I play the pattern on the Tracker, and also can't press the record button in Reason because its transport has been overridden

This is very frustrating. Any help would be really appreciated!

Bjørn Felle

27 Jun 2020

Here, this shows the problem:

Bjørn Felle

27 Jun 2020

It seems this is not actually a Reason issue as I installed a trial of Ableton and it behaved exactly the same way. I emailed Polyend and they sent me a beta firmware to try which was different but still not right, so hopefully they will be able to update it to make it work better with clock sync. At least I know it's not a configuration issue my end and I can wait for Polyend to work on it.

selig
RE Developer

28 Jun 2020

If you're running from Reason, using the Reason transport start/stop locator etc, Reason should be sync master. When I sync my SL mk III in this way it works great, no matter what bar/beat I start the transport.
Selig Audio, LLC

Bjørn Felle

03 Jul 2020

selig wrote:
28 Jun 2020
If you're running from Reason, using the Reason transport start/stop locator etc, Reason should be sync master. When I sync my SL mk III in this way it works great, no matter what bar/beat I start the transport.
Thank you for the reply, and sorry I didn't notice it because I forgot to turn on notifications for the thread! Polyend sent me a beta firmware which solved the problem :)

• Information