Reason sees Exponential Audio plugins as Mono

Discuss VST stuff here!
miscend

27 Jun 2020

I dunno if anyone else is getting this bug, but Reason always seems to route Exponential Audio plugins as mono devices in the rack even though they are full stereo.

Is there a work around to get the routing to work properly?

EdGrip

27 Jun 2020

It's been mentioned before in the EA sale threads - I can't remember what responses people had from iZotope or RS.
Save a combinator and/or save an instance on a send in your template.

miscend

27 Jun 2020

Thanks that seems to work for now. I guess I'll have to drop Izotope an email to pressure them to do something.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

27 Jun 2020

miscend wrote:
27 Jun 2020
Thanks that seems to work for now. I guess I'll have to drop Izotope an email to pressure them to do something.
I got an email back from them last week. They said they will bump this issue for the developers. Sounded like they forgot about it.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

miscend

07 Jul 2020

Boombastix wrote:
27 Jun 2020
miscend wrote:
27 Jun 2020
I got an email back from them last week. They said they will bump this issue for the developers. Sounded like they forgot about it.
Yeah. They finally got back to me. They asked for screenshots or a video describing the issue, which they said will be logged for their team to investigate in the future as apparently it takes time.

I'm surprised the dev team hasn't looked at it yet. I'm definitely not the first person to report this.

joeyluck

07 Jul 2020

This is the response I received back in April...

In response to the mono routing bug:
This is actually a new bug in Reason only that we're working with Propellerhead to get fixed, my apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.
In response to the GUI and optimization:
We have yet to make any large updates to these plugins other than compatibility updates, so they're not quite up to speed with the optimization and performance that "normal" iZotope products have, but there are lots in the works here! I'll make sure our development team is aware of the instantiation time difference.
So it sounds to me like perhaps this bug report got thrown in the list of the things to deal with when updating the Exponential plugins to be more like "normal" iZotope products...

Also, the Exponential plugins still use iLok only and not the iZotope Product Portal and they don't display as products under the iZotope user account (although iZotope says they can see my ownership of Exponential plugins). So yeah—I think there's a few things they need to address and bugs might have been bundled with that to-do list.

EdGrip

07 Jul 2020

I wouldn't be surprised if these algos get included in a new iZotope reverb product line (big version, essentials version) now that Michael Carnes/Exponential is part of their company. Will PhoenixVerb, R2 etc remain separate products, just with an iZotope facelift? Or will they disappear and users get moved onto the new reverb that contains the algos? Whooooo knows.

miscend

08 Jul 2020

EdGrip wrote:
07 Jul 2020
I wouldn't be surprised if these algos get included in a new iZotope reverb product line (big version, essentials version) now that Michael Carnes/Exponential is part of their company.

My guess is that Neutron and Nectar will be getting better reverbs at some point. The new BT Stutter Edit has a reverb effect, not sure if its from Michael Carnes.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

08 Jul 2020

IIRCC the ad said it was "BTs reverb", so a convolution is my guess.

[2quote=miscend post_id=510086 time=1594209085 user_id=5930]
EdGrip wrote:
07 Jul 2020
I wouldn't be surprised if these algos get included in a new iZotope reverb product line (big version, essentials version) now that Michael Carnes/Exponential is part of their company.

My guess is that Neutron and Nectar will be getting better reverbs at some point. The new BT Stutter Edit has a reverb effect, not sure if its from Michael Carnes.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information