The Latest Arturia Performance Update Fixes Lots of Things

Discuss VST stuff here!
hurricane
Competition Winner

26 Jun 2020

For the looooooongest time, the GUI on the instruments has been slow and laggy, which was so much of an annoyance to me that I hesitated to use them, but this update finally fixes that across all instruments. Update works even if you have V6. Some OBX-A presets have also been added to analog lab.

Their DX7 is still a CPU hog though - I don't get why they can't optimize this thing. Most of the time I use Dexed because of this.

Also, this has been known or a while, but Arturia are supposedly updating their older instruments like the JP8 and ARP to get them up to modern standards, so that's something to look forward to.

Curious to see what's coming in V8.

Release Notes:

* Faster preset changes: The time it takes to change presets has been dramatically cut. Find the perfect sound faster or instantly recall your favourite patches.
* Smaller patch installs: If you already have an instrument installed, any future patch update files will be much smaller. This makes Arturia Software Center updates easier and quicker to install.
* Custom resources path: All instrument resources can be moved to a folder of your choice. This is useful if you’re working with multiple drives/devices or limited internal storage.
* Various Bug fixes: V Collection 7.2 also addresses a number of other performance issues - it’s now simply more stable, efficient, and easy to use.
Improved graphic performance: All instruments in V Collection have had their animations and visuals streamlined. This provides a smoother appearance and ensures less strain on your CPU.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Despondo
Competition Winner

27 Jun 2020

Thanks for the heads-up! Downloading now.

MadGadget

17 Aug 2020

Hi hurricane,

I have just bought the Arturia V Collection 7, fantastic set of VSTs, everything works really well apart from like you say, the odd CPU hog device.

But the one thing that I can't get working is the patch selection. Whenever I add one of the Arturia devices in the rack, I can do the usual click on the rack and see the device, but I can't select any patches unless I am actually using the device window itself.

The weird thing is that in the reason rack, the plugin device (that hosts the VST) does not show the usual 'Init Patch' or the patch name of the device, but it shows 'ProgramChange1' and I cannot change the patch on the device from either my Nectar Panorama P6 controller or from the reason PlugIn device, I can only change the VST patch by opening up the device itself - if you see what I mean.

If I do that same thing with say the Korg legacy collection VSTs, which I add one to the rack, the PlugIn device shows the name of the currently selected patch in the instrument and there are some little up and down arrows to the right of the patch name which you can use to select patches in the instrument without actually opening up the VST device itself.

It's not a major issue, but it just hampers creativity if you can't flick through patches by hitting a button, but you have to open up the device and then click the small arrow on the VST control itself.

oh and I am running ReasonStudio Suite 11.3.d2 on an iMac running Catalina.

Does yours allow you to select patches from within Reason ok?

hurricane
Competition Winner

17 Aug 2020

Arturia's instruments don't follow the FXB/FXP VST standard and they're not the only ones (TAL's instruments don't either), but if you want to go through the trouble you can save them to FXB manually. I ended up doing that to have the factory presets of the Jupiter handy:

artfxb.png
artfxb.png (229.74 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MadGadget

18 Aug 2020

You are a genius, that works for me :)

I've been using Reason since, well, since Rebirth, but VSTs are new to me and I like them, although the integration with the Rack is a little odd at times, but your solution works a treat.

Thank you so much, you have saved me :thumbup:

hurricane
Competition Winner

18 Aug 2020

Here are the Jupiter-8 factory presets to get you started:
Jupiter-8 Factory.zip
(332.3 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MadGadget

20 Aug 2020

That is really kind of you, thank you :)

I've now worked through the entire CMI V patch list, the Synclavier V (including over a 1000 free timbres from Cameron Jones, I found them posted on the Arturia forum and a facebook site from 2016), I've also done the Mellotron and the DX7 and now I think I will go on to the CS-80 next.....

It takes ages to create the fxb's, but I so prefer to flick through patches using buttons rather than mouse clicks, if you know what I mean.

If you want any of them, let me know

• Information