The unpopular 1,000 views for sounds idea, closed.

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
bitley

10 Apr 2020

Thanks to those who tried! We'll see what happens. Stay safe.

joeyluck

10 Apr 2020

651 — getting pretty close!

Our huge Winter Competition video from two years ago has half as many views. And that was one of the biggest things we've done. You've got twice as may views in just 10 days.

I don't recall there being a deadline. That wouldn't be fair to those who have viewed and shared the video. I'd say just a little longer and you'll get there. Or celebrate with what you have achieved :thumbs_up:

Trefor

11 Apr 2020

Looks like on the website that there was a deadline stipulated: 6 April, so it's passed, unless of course Bitley decides to extend it.

xboix

11 Apr 2020

I think this is an excellent example of how not to do a "giveaway".
Bitley man, spread the love!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Apr 2020

There wasn’t a deadline. The first incarnation of this post was a gesture to bring us all closer together under harsh times. Within a day the original post was deleted and the goalposts moved requiring folk to jump through hoops and dance. I don’t get it really. Make a really generous and kind offer and then almost immediately after that retract it and add conditions because you then decide you want something in return after all. Personally I’ve already bought all the refills, some twice over. I think they are great as I’ve said many times before. I wasn’t impressed however by the way this was played out.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

zumBeispiel

11 Apr 2020

kitekrazy

11 Apr 2020

MrFigg wrote:
11 Apr 2020
There wasn’t a deadline. The first incarnation of this post was a gesture to bring us all closer together under harsh times. Within a day the original post was deleted and the goalposts moved requiring folk to jump through hoops and dance. I don’t get it really. Make a really generous and kind offer and then almost immediately after that retract it and add conditions because you then decide you want something in return after all. Personally I’ve already bought all the refills, some twice over. I think they are great as I’ve said many times before. I wasn’t impressed however by the way this was played out.
I've seen worse.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Apr 2020

kitekrazy wrote:
11 Apr 2020
MrFigg wrote:
11 Apr 2020
I've seen worse.
Yep. Me too. Two wrongs don’t make a right though.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

bitley

24 Jun 2020

Apologies for upsetting some users with this idea. The goal wasn't reached and therefore the giveway couldn't proceed. This thread can be closed now.

bitley

24 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
11 Apr 2020
Nothing was "played out", it was a simple request of views for sounds and it simply didn't work out. It was meant to be a kind and cool gesture indeed.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2020

bitley wrote:
24 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
11 Apr 2020
Nothing was "played out", it was a simple request of views for sounds and it simply didn't work out. It was meant to be a kind and cool gesture indeed.
Patrick, you started the day with a nice gesture...a very kind and generous gesture. You made the refills available for download to everyone as relief under these times of Covid. Then you appear to have changed your mind. You changed the wording of the original post outlining the new terms. Sure fine. But you even went as far as referring to the people who downloaded under your original offer as “leeches”. So nah. Not for me.

That said, I am not in the line for throwing pies at anyone and am only replying to your post seeing as you quoted me. Truth be known I wasn’t particularly enamored by the other post and was surprised it wasn’t locked earlier.
Last edited by MrFigg on 24 Jun 2020, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

bitley

24 Jun 2020

This is simply not true. You must be referring to something else.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2020

bitley wrote:
24 Jun 2020
This is simply not true. You must be referring to something else.
I’m not on a witch hunt. As I said previously I have bought all your refills except one of the smaller ones which I was most happy to get on that day. I know a number of people who downloaded a few of the refills from the link you originally posted before the terms were changed. I know a number of people were surprised when all of a sudden the link stopped working. I know a number of people who reacted with consternation at your use of the word “leeches”. Man. I’m not on a witch hunt. What you do or don’t do is up to you but no, I’m not referring to something else.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

bitley

24 Jun 2020

The word is not in my vocabulary so I wouldn't have used it.

As said admins can close this thread now and there is no more words to say. Today's outburst in the kitchen subforum was beyond acceptance and with this I will take a big break from RT.

Benedict
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2020

Again RT chases away one of the few who have really done a lot.

I don't say this as a buddy of Bitley, as over the years we never developed any sort of relationship. I say this because how a person gives or sells the product of their skills/labor is up to them and them alone. Not for others to decide/deride for them.

Am I the only person who has noticed that many of the big productive names have evaporated here? That includes me yes as I have been chased off a few times - and won't be surprised if this post starts that whole thing again. Have we so little honor that we can only snipe instead of build?

That RT insists on supporting this behavior is lamentable.

RT, my advice, should you choose to ignore it: lock this thread, or even remove it and the other entirely as the cancer they are, AND be seen very clearly to admonish those who have done this sort of thing (again & again) lest RT has the reputation it seems so eager to earn.

A sad day indeed.

:-(

https://benedictroffmarsh.com/2019/05/0 ... mmunities/
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

littlejam

24 Jun 2020

hello,

i was one of the users to get the download for free as a nice gift
and then the rules changed
that's kinda like taking a kid trick or treating and then eating all the candy yourself
had bitley started the thread /give away with a 'reaching a certain amount of views'
everybody would've been onboard

i'll double up on my bet that this thread will also be locked by the end of 6/24/20
and i put my money on joeyluck to be the moderator to close it

mahalos,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

selig
RE Developer

24 Jun 2020

Benedict wrote:
24 Jun 2020
Again RT chases away one of the few who have really done a lot.

I don't say this as a buddy of Bitley, as over the years we never developed any sort of relationship. I say this because how a person gives or sells the product of their skills/labor is up to them and them alone. Not for others to decide/deride for them.

Am I the only person who has noticed that many of the big productive names have evaporated here? That includes me yes as I have been chased off a few times - and won't be surprised if this post starts that whole thing again. Have we so little honor that we can only snipe instead of build?

That RT insists on supporting this behavior is lamentable.

RT, my advice, should you choose to ignore it: lock this thread, or even remove it and the other entirely as the cancer they are, AND be seen very clearly to admonish those who have done this sort of thing (again & again) lest RT has the reputation it seems so eager to earn.

A sad day indeed.

:-(

https://benedictroffmarsh.com/2019/05/0 ... mmunities/
I don't follow this logic - RT isn't a monolithic being, and as such it cannot run anyone off. People take things personally that IMO are not worth the time - if one person is all it takes to "run someone off", that's a different issue.
I'll lock this thread now, apologies as I thought it was already locked!
Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

24 Jun 2020

littlejam wrote:
24 Jun 2020
and i put my money on joeyluck to be the moderator to close it
selig closed it.

So...do you have venmo or paypal to send over that money you put on it? :lol:

• Information