Use 2 computers - "LOST computer" login issues

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

Hello peeps, I hope you are all doing well.

I have just upgraded to 11.3 studio on my PC workstation. I sometimes want to fiddle on my laptop when my workstation is off, but this seems impossible. I have two issues I'd love help with:

1/ every time I open Reason I have to pass the username / password screen. Surely there is a way to pass this annoying step every time I use the software?

2/ I tried to Authorise the software on the Reason website, but it says I already have my workstation registered with the software, and the only option available is for me to lie, and click on the "I lost my computer" button!!?? Am I really expected to do this nonsense every time I want to use my laptop, and then presumably do it again when I am on my Workstation?

Surely I can use one computer at a time and not have to log in every time? Is there a way to do this that I am missing?

Thanks!
Mark.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2020

You can have the software in both computers. You can use one computer at a time. Not both. You can have one computer authorized for offline use. If you want to use your other computer offline you’ll need to buy an ignition key and authorize that.

Edit: oh yeah. Don’t mark your computer as lost as you can only do that a limited number of times and you’re doing it unnecessarily just now. See above.
Last edited by MrFigg on 24 Jun 2020, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

robotgard

24 Jun 2020

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

Hello guys, thanks but this does not help.

I am wanting to use one at a time, both would be online (one at a time)... but when I go to the reason site to Authorise my laptop, it says I am already registered on my workstation. My workstation is off... so the problem is not that I am trying to use two computers at a time.
Last edited by fredphoesh on 24 Jun 2020, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2020

fredphoesh wrote:
24 Jun 2020
Hello guys, thanks but this does not help.

I am wanting to use one at a time, but when I go to the reason site to Authorise my laptop, it says I am already registered on my workstation. My workstation is off... so the problem is not that I am trying to use two computers at a time.
You can only have ONE computer registered for offline use. Doesn’t matter if you’re using the two computers one at a time. The registration is linked to the pc ID number. If you want to use you’re second pc offline you need to register it in another piece of hardware. Ie. An ignition key.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

My computers are always connected to the internet... so I am not wanting to use one offline

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2020

fredphoesh wrote:
24 Jun 2020
My computers are always connected to the internet... so I am not wanting to use one offline
Well just sign in then. Close Reason on your workstation first then sign in on your laptop. You can’t have both signed in at the same time.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

I cannnot sign in, it does not accept my username and password!

On my laptop, on the reasonstudios site, it starts the authoriser and then shows my laptop "current licenses None" and next to that it says You already have iicenses on he computer(s) listed below. Before you can authorize this computer you must remove all licenses from other computers" Then the only option is to choose I HAVE LOST THIS COMPUTER.

How do I register my laptop?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2020

fredphoesh wrote:
24 Jun 2020
I cannnot sign in, it does not accept my username and password!

On my laptop, on the reasonstudios site, it starts the authoriser and then shows my laptop "current licenses None" and next to that it says You already have iicenses on he computer(s) listed below. Before you can authorize this computer you must remove all licenses from other computers" Then the only option is to choose I HAVE LOST THIS COMPUTER.

How do I register my laptop?
Close Reason on your workstation first then sign in on your laptop. You can’t have both signed in at the same time.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

[/quote] Close Reason on your workstation first then sign in on your laptop. You can’t have both signed in at the same time.
[/quote]

As I have said, I am not running reason on both comptuers at the same time!

fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

it says Username and Password do not match.
But I log in to the account on my workstation, no problem.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2020

fredphoesh wrote:
24 Jun 2020
it says Username and Password do not match.
But I log in to the account on my workstation, no problem.
All all I can say is contact support.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

There seems to be no support, I asked about this on Sunday, no response.

fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

But thanks for your efforts and input.... cheers ;)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2020

fredphoesh wrote:
24 Jun 2020
But thanks for your efforts and input.... cheers ;)
No problem :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

24 Jun 2020

I fear you may have reported it lost too many times and had your account restricted. But only support can tell you.

fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

DaveyG wrote:
24 Jun 2020
I fear you may have reported it lost too many times and had your account restricted. But only support can tell you.
Nope, I have not reported it as lost, becuase that is not true!

DaveyG

24 Jun 2020

fredphoesh wrote:
24 Jun 2020
DaveyG wrote:
24 Jun 2020
Nope, I have not reported it as lost, becuase that is not true!
Haha. You need to explain yourself clearer then. Definitely don't click the lost button.

Can you log on to the website from your browser?

adfielding

24 Jun 2020

Just to clarify - you have two computers, both of which you wish to use with online authentication. That means we can rule out computer authorisation - you are allowed to authorise one computer for offline use, but you'll still need to log-in if you're trialling Rack Extensions, renting Rack Extensions, or if your license doesn't match for some reason. But this is a moot point because you're using online authentication.

During typical operation you should be able to just fire up Reason, enter your log-in details for the account in which Reason is registered, and it should run in online mode. If your connection drops for some reason, it'll notify you and switch to demo mode (which means you can't open anything - but you can still save whatever you're working on).

I apologise in advance if any of this seems obvious, but I feel like it's worth checking just to rule anything out. Could you try going here:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/user/products

Log-in with your account details, and have a look at which products are listed in the "Applications" tab. If Reason isn't there, that means it's not registered to your account, and you'll need to register it using the "register new product" button.

Also, are you using Reason or Reason Suite? Make sure you have the correct version downloaded for your license. If you try and run standard Reason with a Reason Suite license, it won't work - and vice versa.

If the correct version is installed, and it's listed under your products in your user area, then I'm afraid there's not a lot anyone else can do - you'll need to get in touch with Reason Studios support, which I see you've already tried.

Hope you manage to get it sorted out soon, nothing more infuriating than not being able to use the software you've paid for! Good luck :)

fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

DaveyG wrote:
24 Jun 2020
Can you log on to the website from your browser?
Yes, I can. Presumably it is the same username and password as the app uses?

I did not say I acutally pressed the LOST button... just astonished that is the only option available to me on the website.
Last edited by fredphoesh on 24 Jun 2020, edited 1 time in total.

fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

adfielding wrote:
24 Jun 2020
During typical operation you should be able to just fire up Reason, enter your log-in details for the account in which Reason is registered, and it should run in online mode. If your connection drops for some reason, it'll notify you and switch to demo mode (which means you can't open anything - but you can still save whatever you're working on).

Log-in with your account details, and have a look at which products are listed in the "Applications" tab. If Reason isn't there, that means it's not registered to your account, and you'll need to register it using the "register new product" button.

Hi thanks for the detailed response Adam,
I am registered to use 11.3 suite on the website. I have no problem logging in on my workstation using my username and password. (the separate issue Is I'd like to not have to click this login window every day, but that's secondary)

The problem to me seems to be that on my laptop going to the reasonstudios site, when I try to Authorise, I get a message saying I have to deauthorise my workstation first. This doesn't make sense if I am logging in via username and password, one computer only at a time. I wonder if the fact I had Reason 9 on my laptop previously has anything to do with it. Or that I have CodeMeter Control Center installed on my laptop... which says I have "License activated". I have no idea what this does, I was reading one of the 100 help files about authorisation and installed it then.

adfielding

24 Jun 2020

fredphoesh wrote:
24 Jun 2020
The problem to me seems to be that on my laptop going to the reasonstudios site, when I try to Authorise, I get a message saying I have to deauthorise my workstation first. This doesn't make sense if I am logging in via username and password, one computer only at a time. I wonder if the fact I had Reason 9 on my laptop previously has anything to do with it. Or that I have CodeMeter Control Center installed on my laptop... which says I have "License activated". I have no idea what this does, I was reading one of the 100 help files about authorisation and installed it then.
That shouldn't be the problem - you don't need to go to the Reason Studios site to authorise your laptop if you're using on-line authentication.

The "computer authorisation" is used for registering one particular machine for off-line use. In this instance, your workstation is authorised for off-line use. You can only authorise one device for off-line use. However, that is unrelated to this particular issue - even if you hadn't authorised either computer on the RS site to your account, you should be able to just open up Reason and log-in if Reason is showing up in your products list. You should be able to open it up on any machine connected to the internet using your log-in details.

Even if you hadn't authorised either computer to your account on the RS site, you should be able to just open Reason and log-in if Reason is showing up in your products list. That's a step you can skip entirely. If you're using a computer with on-line authentication then, yes, you're going to have to log-in every time. The only alternative is to purchase an ignition key. You can't authorise both computers for off-line use any other way.

However, if your workstation is authorised for off-line use then you shouldn't be seeing the log-in screen unless you're trialling or renting a RE. If you aren't doing either of those then there might be something up with your license. I'd suggest going to your account page on the RS site, going to the Rack Extensions tab, and clicking "Sync All". While you're there, make sure you don't have any trials that haven't expired yet. Hopefully that should help - if you do have REs that have expired or that you're currently trialling, open up Authorizer on your computer and remove them manually.

fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

adfielding wrote:
24 Jun 2020
The "computer authorisation" is used for registering one particular machine for off-line use. In this instance, your workstation is authorised for off-line use. You can only authorise one device for off-line use. However, that is unrelated to this particular issue - even if you hadn't authorised either computer on the RS site to your account, you should be able to just open up Reason and log-in if Reason is showing up in your products list. You should be able to open it up on any machine connected to the internet using your log-in details.

...if you do have REs that have expired or that you're currently trialling, open up Authorizer on your computer and remove them manually.
Hey Adam,
I think something IS up with my license, for two reasons.
Firstly my workstation asks me to sign in every day
Secondly, I have all the Rack Extensions that come with the full Suite 11.3, they are all installed, and up to date... no trials on my systems.

I will have to wait for reasonstudios... ;(

Thanks anyway,
Mark.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2020

fredphoesh wrote:
24 Jun 2020
adfielding wrote:
24 Jun 2020

...if you do have REs that have expired or that you're currently trialling, open up Authorizer on your computer and remove them manually.
Hey Adam,
I think something IS up with my license, for two reasons.
Firstly my workstation asks me to sign in every day
Secondly, I have all the Rack Extensions that come with the full Suite 11.3, they are all installed, and up to date... no trials on my systems.

I will have to wait for reasonstudios... ;(

Thanks anyway,
Mark.
Have you got your pc authorized for offline use? If not then that’s why you’re being asked to sign in.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
24 Jun 2020
Have you got your pc authorized for offline use? If not then that’s why you’re being asked to sign in.
Hi,
Not that I know of... Is that something I have to ask Reasonstudios to do for me?

• Information