[TECHNO] IS IT ME (Cmin - 124bpm)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

20 Jun 2020

So this is IS IT ME...

Going for VIBE, GROOVE, LITTLE BIT OF JUNGLE, LITTLE BIT OF TECH-HOUSE, DEEP SUBS, OLD SCHOOL DRUM MACHINES (no no no no not 808, 909 etc... other stuff), BREAKBEAT.

GOING FOR LONG SPELLS WHERE IT JUST GETS DEEP IN MIX... SUGAR COATING OF ECHO BOXES, OVER THE TOP REVERB, EXTENSIVE USE OF EQ... and COMPRESSORS, LOVE, SWEAT, TEARS, BREAKTHROUGHS...

All by me. Yes - I made the beats. This isn't LOOPCLOUD cut'n'paste.

Yes - it's all by me.
Check my Soundcloud:

danc

21 Jun 2020

Major update to this track.

I've extended the breakdowns and also extended the drops... so that you really are taken on a LONG journey. This is (probably) the most adventurous in terms of "journey" track I've done. It's kind of gets really ambient in places with absolutely no perc, just minimal noise FX, and single holding note low pads... relying entirely on the LFO sweep, stereo panning and EQ (filter) spectrum sweeping which play around together to keep you knowing it's still a dance track... yet when the tech-house drums pop back in they really have so much more impact.

Also - I've added so many different types of new drums here... yet I've managed to keep them all part of a happy family - only adventuring into new sounding territory to keep it interesting. I've used drum machines that are so old here... ones that were built into string organs... they would normally sound naff... but I've given them new life, with extensive processing.

Me liking this new journey. Where I trust myself to not have to hit drums at every beat to be full of groove. Dark and light is what is needed.
Check my Soundcloud:

Popey
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2020

I like this it's very well crafted and mixed imo. As a ex drum and bass dj I liked the use of the Amen break. Very good track in my opinion. From a dj perspective I would be a little worried about the drop in tempo which seems to last a while from about 2 minutes but that is not a criticism as such, more just a thought (so could add something there if I used it in a mix)

danc

23 Jun 2020

Popey wrote:
22 Jun 2020
I like this it's very well crafted and mixed imo. As a ex drum and bass dj I liked the use of the Amen break. Very good track in my opinion. From a dj perspective I would be a little worried about the drop in tempo which seems to last a while from about 2 minutes but that is not a criticism as such, more just a thought (so could add something there if I used it in a mix)
Thanks Popey - regarding the super long drop in the arrangement ....... I agree that this wouldn't be the dance floor version. I would definitely bring the beat back earlier if it were destined for clubs.

I've been working hard of late to get super high quality production values in the mix. Now setting myself my next goal... of super high quality melodies, tunes, harmonies etc.
Check my Soundcloud:

Ixus

23 Jun 2020

Really nice man, I like the beats going on, the focus on rythms. I Recently learned of loopcloud and bought some dnb sounds (mainly for the 1 shot drums) but so far I haven't made any tracks with it lol

Nice description of your creative thinking too, and the quality is nice, good job!

danc

23 Jun 2020

Ixus wrote:
23 Jun 2020
Really nice man, I like the beats going on, the focus on rythms. I Recently learned of loopcloud and bought some dnb sounds (mainly for the 1 shot drums) but so far I haven't made any tracks with it lol

Nice description of your creative thinking too, and the quality is nice, good job!
Thanks LXUS - would like to hear your dnb track once it's done. My most recent dnb track is here...
If you like it - I'll point you to the Youtube I made with it as well! Yes - an actual music video!

And the one before that was...

Check my Soundcloud:

Ixus

23 Jun 2020

Yee thats the stuff!

I always had a soft spot for drum and bass

danc

23 Jun 2020

Ixus wrote:
23 Jun 2020
Yee thats the stuff!

I always had a soft spot for drum and bass
And as a little sneak preview of my latest D&B track - needs careful mixing - as some of the highs are a little too high etc. But you can forgive this and just enjoy the SNEAK!

This is HEAVEN...

Check my Soundcloud:

Skimrok

28 Jun 2020

danc wrote:
21 Jun 2020
Major update to this track.

I've extended the breakdowns and also extended the drops... so that you really are taken on a LONG journey. This is (probably) the most adventurous in terms of "journey" track I've done. It's kind of gets really ambient in places with absolutely no perc, just minimal noise FX, and single holding note low pads... relying entirely on the LFO sweep, stereo panning and EQ (filter) spectrum sweeping which play around together to keep you knowing it's still a dance track... yet when the tech-house drums pop back in they really have so much more impact.

Also - I've added so many different types of new drums here... yet I've managed to keep them all part of a happy family - only adventuring into new sounding territory to keep it interesting. I've used drum machines that are so old here... ones that were built into string organs... they would normally sound naff... but I've given them new life, with extensive processing.

Me liking this new journey. Where I trust myself to not have to hit drums at every beat to be full of groove. Dark and light is what is needed.
love the journey on this one, always wanting to see what is next, good stuff, "so whats up!!" love it
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

• Information