[electronic] Phendrana Drifts remix (metroid prime) Digitakt + Ipad

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Ixus

21 Jun 2020

Hello!
Here's a remix of 2 tracks i really love from Metroid Prime, Phendrana Drifts and Depths

I had been stuck in a rut musically for a long while and in another thread someone said that switching to hardware was the best thing he'd done for creativity's sake, I really feel the same way now haha! Though ipad is a bit more hybrid i guess? Who cares i have had tons of fun with it, something I haven't really felt in a while with just Reason.

Cheers! :redface:

Chizmata

23 Jun 2020

i dont know the originals, but this is obviously a well-composed piece of music, it has proper melodies and rhythms, progression and always an adequate balance of sound. i have one gripe with it though, the elements dont really tack together, grip into each other, especially the (snare) drums. i think you could change this with just a little shifting of the drums a few ticks left and right, if thats possible with the hardware; maybe the melodies too - so that they really grip into each other.

Ixus

23 Jun 2020

Chizmata wrote:
23 Jun 2020
i dont know the originals, but this is obviously a well-composed piece of music, it has proper melodies and rhythms, progression and always an adequate balance of sound. i have one gripe with it though, the elements dont really tack together, grip into each other, especially the (snare) drums. i think you could change this with just a little shifting of the drums a few ticks left and right, if thats possible with the hardware; maybe the melodies too - so that they really grip into each other.
Thanks for listening man!
Oh yeah, nudging the triggers with micro timing is very easy on the Digitakt, it probably could have created some more organic parts i think, thanks for the tip, cheers! :)

• Information