(Film Score) Daedalus In Danger - a Star Trek Fan film

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Benedict
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2020

I just finished Scoring this short film made by my partner Jane.

All done in Reason 11.3 using the new Spitfire BBC SO Discover (the $49/Free one). I got mine from filling in the survey - it is a really nice little collection, understandably some limits for its price point - but it sounds nice.

SFX are all Thors (Warp is a pair of them with the second set to trigger on release for the warp flash - yay CV).

​​​​​​​:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Heigen5

11 Jun 2020

Nice! I think the music was better than the animation graphics. The visual stuff was a bit too basic compared to what the music was. But still good job on it!

Benedict
Competition Winner

11 Jun 2020

Mr 5

Indie work by people in Forums is NEVER JJ Abrams at Skywalker + Zimmer in a huge room with a 456 piece orchestra and a $50 Billion budget. It is about the Story NOT the tiny details. Jane started rendering at the beginning of the COVID-19 Lockdown and has a pretty solid little film to show for a few months learning.

I see that you made similar comments in many places. This is not helpful - even for you, esp as a Dev hoping to sell to people you insult :-) Please focus on the Story people are telling more than if you think it compares to some formulaic perfection. If you only want to see that then there is Netflix - maybe Altered Carbon as that looks amazing - makes no sense but looks amazing. If you have a practical suggestion then people will be happy to hear it but otherwise, it is just appearing petty & hurtful (in no way can I share this feedback with my partner).

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh

SymphonicDischord

20 Jun 2020

Great sounding score Benedict, especially for what is essentially a small and free sample library. My only critique would be that it came across as very somber feeling which didn’t quite jive with the pace of the story. Now I’d say that if the Daedalus would have been lost when they Enterprise arrived, it would’ve felt more in line. As it is I kinda felt like the score should have picked up when the first Romulan ship arrived to help create more tension.

But regardless, well done Benedict.

Benedict
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2020

Thanks Mr Dischord

I see what you mean. I guess it is my style. Kinda like expecting Nick Cave to be like Cardi B. It is a Nick Cave thing to be Nick Cave.

I was going for grand whilst trying hard to avoid Action Strings cliche. Also when I am my more melodic self I tend to be accused of being cheesy.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Popey
Competition Winner

21 Jun 2020

I really enjoyed watching this. I'm not a star trek fan but thought this was interesting to watch and enjoyed the score with the film.

Benedict
Competition Winner

21 Jun 2020

Popey wrote:
21 Jun 2020
I really enjoyed watching this. I'm not a star trek fan but thought this was interesting to watch and enjoyed the score with the film.
Benedict Roff-Marsh

Ixus

23 Jun 2020

Hehe this is nice, Dang those sneaky Romulans!

Great score, must have been fun making the sound effects too :)

Benedict
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2020

Thanks Ixus

Yes it was fun. Did you see Egg Head Ted in here too - more sfx.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

• Information