MURF Noise Modrack to Blamsoft F16 Freq Input = nice analog grit

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
challism

16 May 2020

I just wanted to share a back of the rack trick I just discovered. If you take Murf's free Noise Modrack RE and plug it into Blamsoft's F16 Frequency input (turn the trim way down in the 30s or 40s or it's way too overpowering), it adds a really nice dirty grit to the filter.

Thanks for the free noise generator, Murf!
BlaMurf.zip
(2.24 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (74.48 KiB) Viewed 1425 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Loque

16 May 2020

Yea, i wanted to try this out ASAP with Murf's VCF, but it does not have audio rate modulation. That was something i requested and hoped for right from the start.
Reason12, Win10

retreed
Competition Winner

17 May 2020

challism wrote:
16 May 2020
I just wanted to share a back of the rack trick I just discovered. If you take Murf's free Noise Modrack RE and plug it into Blamsoft's F16 Frequency input (turn the trim way down in the 30s or 40s or it's way too overpowering), it adds a really nice dirty grit to the filter.

BlaMurf.zip
Capture.JPG
Nice find, thanks for sharing! :thumbs_up:

NDKay

20 Jun 2020

in the last months i´ve been doing this more frequently with other synths - letting a noise modulate the filter freq.
In Complex 1 its fun because of the binary noise ( or overall more different noise types) to choose and automate the color over time.
Its great that europa has a noise directly definable as a mod-source, while in thor you would need a OSC or LFO to be the (noise) mod source.

When you going to a fill, you could also automate the trim to go up and back down with the drop. Finish it with an automated HP Filter going up to "clean" from the "rumble in the lower freq."
So it will disappear in noise.... and punch back out from there ;-)
NOT everytime, but sometimes its a "nice" (destructing and reappear) effect.
This is a SmartAss. Really nothing more than that !

Auryn

20 Jun 2020

Yeah this is a good idea, especially for synths that are very "static" or "digital" sounding. Try the pitch input on a synth, or the env inputs on the blamsoft amp with the outputs from the VO-1, set to noise. I'm about to drop a Polymodular-based refill in the next few days, it's gonna have a bunch of this stuff
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

Murf
RE Developer

20 Jun 2020

Loque wrote:
16 May 2020
Yea, i wanted to try this out ASAP with Murf's VCF, but it does not have audio rate modulation. That was something i requested and hoped for right from the start.
Give's me something to do for the next few days (hours?!! -edit) I guess ;)
Last edited by Murf on 21 Jun 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Murf
RE Developer

21 Jun 2020

Hi all, I have updated MODRACK VCF to include AU rate inputs for Freq, Resonance, and drive. If anyone wants to beta test please feel free to PM me your reason login name.
Loque I already will send you one when it finishes building :)
Murf.

Loque

21 Jun 2020

Murf wrote:
21 Jun 2020
Hi all, I have updated MODRACK VCF to include AU rate inputs for Freq, Resonance, and drive. If anyone wants to beta test please feel free to PM me your reason login name.
Loque I already will send you one when it finishes building :)
Murf.
:lol: yea, i will defenetly have a look.
Reason12, Win10

Auryn

21 Jun 2020

challism wrote:
16 May 2020

BlaMurf.zip
Capture.JPG
Just to be sure, in the pic there seems to be a wiring mistake (Viking output goes to 1L 2L instead of 1L&R on the F16)
It doesn't matter much if the Viking patch is mono though
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

challism

21 Jun 2020

Auryn wrote:
21 Jun 2020
challism wrote:
16 May 2020

BlaMurf.zip
Capture.JPG
Just to be sure, in the pic there seems to be a wiring mistake (Viking output goes to 1L 2L instead of 1L&R on the F16)
It doesn't matter much if the Viking patch is mono though
Good catch. If I remember correctly, VK1 was being used for a bassline, so it doesn't much matter in that instance.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Loque

18 Jul 2020

Murf wrote:
Loque wrote:
21 Jun 2020
:lol: yea, i will defenetly have a look.
Didnt know if you red the PM...just sent you the feedback. If you cannot read the PM, you may need to delete some old ones...
Reason12, Win10

Murf
RE Developer

18 Jul 2020

Loque wrote:
18 Jul 2020
Murf wrote:
Didnt know if you red the PM...just sent you the feedback. If you cannot read the PM, you may need to delete some old ones...
Thanks Loque, got the first PM on July 5 but not the second.
Will take a look at today and upload a new build.
Murf.

• Information