sonicLABS Fundamental

Discuss VST stuff here!
Faastwalker

20 Jun 2020

https://www.sonic-lab.com/fundamental/

Very cool plug-in from sonicLABS in collaboration with Hainbach. Love this. Downloaded the demo, which runs standalone or as a VST. Played around for a good while then tried to load up in Reason to route, modulate, record etc. Couldn't seem to get it to work. Then I realised it's a VST3 plug-in & Reason STILL doesn't support. At least V10 I'm on. Is it still not supported in V11?! That sucks if not. Anyway, good VST ....... just not in conjunction with Reason, tragically :evil:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2020

Faastwalker wrote:
20 Jun 2020

Very cool plug-in from sonicLABS in collaboration with Hainbach. Love this. Downloaded the demo, which runs standalone or as a VST. Played around for a good while then tried to load up in Reason to route, modulate, record etc. Couldn't seem to get it to work. Then I realised it's a VST3 plug-in & Reason STILL doesn't support. At least V10 I'm on. Is it still not supported in V11?! That sucks if not. Anyway, good VST ....... just not in conjunction with Reason, tragically :evil:

Yep!!! STILL!!!!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

20 Jun 2020

It's about time for the VST3 support...

For the plugin.. It made me thought how this would compare to a low clean organ sound?
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2020

Loque wrote:
20 Jun 2020

For the plugin.. It made me thought how this would compare to a low clean organ sound?
Well, They can’t get the shop to work correct, they cant get authorizer to work correctly so I’m guessing VST3 may be well out of their remit for the foreseeable future. And to be honest, even though I want VST3 support, I personally am reluctant to upgrade from 10.4. Bitter??? Yeah...this morning I actually am. I need my REs back for a project and even through I’ve got my computer, Balance and an ignition key authorized their stupid Sync All has made all of them disappear. Now that is annoying.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

20 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
20 Jun 2020
Loque wrote:
20 Jun 2020

Well, They can’t get the shop to work correct, they cant get authorizer to work correctly so I’m guessing VST3 may be well out of their remit for the foreseeable future. And to be honest, even though I want VST3 support, I personally am reluctant to upgrade from 10.4. Bitter??? Yeah...this morning I actually am. I need my REs back for a project and even through I’ve got my computer, Balance and an ignition key authorized their stupid Sync All has made all of them disappear. Now that is annoying.
Pretty bad if you have a gig in 2h at Burning Man...
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2020

Loque wrote:
20 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
20 Jun 2020

Pretty bad if you have a gig in 2h at Burning Man...
Not the Burning Man. Something else :(
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EsotericSound

20 Jun 2020

Faastwalker wrote:
20 Jun 2020

I quite like this plugin. I'm on a mac so I used Audio Hijack to record Fundamental's output to wav, and then imported that into Reason. It's really good for drones.

Faastwalker

20 Jun 2020

I don’t use many VSTs. So I’d not come across this before. I just assumed Reason supported VST 3 now. So what’s the reasoning (no pun intended) for the lack of VST 3 support? Is it difficult to do, is it a licensing thing? What’s the story?

On a side note installing the demo of Fundamental was a pain in the arse. I had to create an iLok account. Turned out I already had one for another VST I’d acquired some years ago. Eventually got back into my account was then able to install Fundamental. Wasn’t sure where to put the VST file or how. Eventually found my VST folder (there were several!) before discovering it would not work in Reason anyway.

Anyway, give me RE over VST any fucking day :thumbs_up: VST is a pain. And that was just one plug-in! I’m contacting sonicLAB & Hainbach to requested a Fundamental RE ;)

EsotericSound

28 Jun 2020

Faastwalker wrote:
20 Jun 2020
So what’s the reasoning (no pun intended) for the lack of VST 3 support? Is it difficult to do, is it a licensing thing? What’s the story?

On a side note installing the demo of Fundamental was a pain in the arse. I had to create an iLok account. Turned out I already had one for another VST I’d acquired
To be honest, I'm not sure why Reason standalone doesn't support VST 3. There was talk when VST support was first introduced and I'm sure there are threads somewhere about it. But I can't remember offhand.

unclenofun

15 Oct 2020

I've just stumbled across this plug-in.....I'm not much of a VST user either....I take it this won't work WITHIN Reason (cos of the no VST3 rule)...but....it runs as a standalone too? or I could just grab the audio from running through another DAW and import into Reason later?

Really loving the demo vids I'm seeing/hearing

anyone else using this?

• Information