Prices in some currencies are higher

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Synth Street

17 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2020
Synth Street wrote:
17 Jun 2020

Yea!! I look in the store daily and i was really seeing a difference in some prices... lame!! :(

Thanks for clearing that for me and for the reply! :thumbs_up:
The stupid blue Softube thing is up to €399 now hahahahahaha. Are they mental?? :)
LOL fully insane.... :lol:

Billy+

17 Jun 2020

Im glad I'm not imagining the prices going up.

guess this was bound to happen with the changes, it's a shame it's happening to some very old rack extensions you would think the price would go down rather than up but I guess we will have to see if the sales offer bigger saving on a more frequent basis.

Kilsane

17 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2020
Synth Street wrote:
17 Jun 2020

Yea!! I look in the store daily and i was really seeing a difference in some prices... lame!! :(

Thanks for clearing that for me and for the reply! :thumbs_up:
The stupid blue Softube thing is up to €399 now hahahahahaha. Are they mental?? :)
Yes it's almost $ 100 more expensive (after conversion € to $) than the other side of the Atlantic

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

17 Jun 2020

It's to do with the exchange rates for the most part. The £ has been unstable for a while (partially due to Brexit and now also our pathetic record vs the COVID epidemic), and has steadily dropped vs the Euro since its inception. The US thing is different and can easily be justified by the market size - it consistently accounts for nearly half of all global sales.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2020

Enlightenspeed wrote:
17 Jun 2020
It's to do with the exchange rates for the most part. The £ has been unstable for a while (partially due to Brexit and now also our pathetic record vs the COVID epidemic), and has steadily dropped vs the Euro since its inception. The US thing is different and can easily be justified by the market size - it consistently accounts for nearly half of all global sales.
If only there was an option to buy in SEK.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2020

I'm browsing through the shop just now and getting currency switching from CAD to Euros to GBP depending on what page I'm looking at.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

NDKay

17 Jun 2020

was the parafilter 99€ since its release ? i remeber like 69 but maybe i am wrong

seems it got an update, but cant find any notes.
This is a SmartAss. Really nothing more than that !

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2020

NDKay wrote:
17 Jun 2020
was the parafilter 99€ since its release ? i remeber like 69 but maybe i am wrong

seems it got an update, but cant find any notes.
€89. Went down to €29 for about 5 minutes in BF then up to €49. And now it’s €99.
BINGO!!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

17 Jun 2020

Enlightenspeed wrote:
17 Jun 2020
Actually I would have to disagree, I've been purchasing in euros and dollars for quite some time and the exchange rate isn't really much different this year than last year. £1=€1.12 I've purchased as low as 1:1 and £1=$1.25 again I've purchased lower, so it's nothing more than a price increase.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

17 Jun 2020

Billy wrote:
17 Jun 2020
Enlightenspeed wrote:
17 Jun 2020
Actually I would have to disagree, I've been purchasing in euros and dollars for quite some time and the exchange rate isn't really much different this year than last year. £1=€1.12 I've purchased as low as 1:1 and £1=$1.25 again I've purchased lower, so it's nothing more than a price increase.
Making money on currency trading requires instability, surely that is the whole point of that exercise?

Regardless, it is a hard fact that since the inception of the Euro, the £ has fallen steadily against it.

NDKay

17 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2020
€89. Went down to €29 for about 5 minutes in BF then up to €49. And now it’s €99.
BINGO!!!!
thx

i would really like some information by RS about this.

Does someone know which "EU-Law" ( if it is this?) or what kind of change in the EU the "Culprit" is ?

This seems very strange to me. :roll: :twisted: :o :?

edit: maybe its nothing from the EU itself, maybe its "just" a change by at RS .?
This is a SmartAss. Really nothing more than that !

Boombastix
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2020

Kilsane wrote:
17 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2020

Yes it's almost $ 100 more expensive (after conversion € to $) than the other side of the Atlantic
Get a VPN, lol. Oh, I shouldn't have said that...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

18 Jun 2020

Maybe Reason Studios are doing some sort of "Use what you have already"- campaign with these new price adjustments. Well I for one am greatful. My GAS just went down dramatically. Thank you Reason Studios. Won't be buying anything new for quite some time now. :thumbs_up:

Loque

18 Jun 2020

Kilsane wrote:
17 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2020

Transport costs are much higher today.

... And Softube becomes more and more a joke 😂🤣
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Jun 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
18 Jun 2020
Maybe Reason Studios are doing some sort of "Use what you have already"- campaign with these new price adjustments. Well I for one am greatful. My GAS just went down dramatically. Thank you Reason Studios. Won't be buying anything new for quite some time now. :thumbs_up:
Yep!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

18 Jun 2020

Some REs are still worth their price even with the new price tag. Absolutely. But some REs were already set WAY too high before. And now they are even more ridiculous.
Basically everything from Softube: Softube Tube-Tech Classic Channel €399. Softube Trident A-Range €229. Softube Tube Delay €99.00. Softube Spring Reverb €99. Who buys a spring reverb for €99?
Umpf, Reason Drum Kits, Layers synths, A-list stuff. They were all overpriced before with their €99 price tag. Now they're all at €109. Seriously, Processed Pianos for €109??? I mean come on! That has to be the worst deal ever. In reality it's worth about 10 bucks.

A lot of RE prices should be going down over time, not up. The market gets more saturated all the time and their answer is to raise their prices, on old devices. I have a hard time thinking this move will actually benefit Reason Studios, or RE developers either for that matter. I want to support the RE market, but this was the wrong move imo.
If they want to raise their prices, maybe do it on new REs that gets released, but leave the old ones as they are.

DaveyG

18 Jun 2020

Kilsane wrote:
17 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2020

If that's the price of a Softtube I'd hate to think how much a Hardtube is. :shock:

Anyway. It must be good if it costs more than Reason itself!

sdst
Competition Winner

18 Jun 2020

prices are still the same in my area

in case they increase, luckily I have everything I need

Loque

18 Jun 2020

Continue discussion here and let peace come in your minds...
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Jun 2020

Loque wrote:
18 Jun 2020
Continue discussion here and let peace come in your minds...
I didn’t see any aggression. Only confusion. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

18 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2020
Imagine the "75% off" price tag during BF - it'll sell like hotcakes.
And who doesn't like 90% off tags?
IMHO it's all just a ploy to sell more units when people are actually willing to buy. If people are happy to pay that much in a non-sale period, they have too much money good on them :)
As much as I despise schemes like that, pretty much everyone in the industry is doing it :( I get the *why*...
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

guitfnky

18 Jun 2020

diminished wrote:
18 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2020
IMHO it's all just a ploy to sell more units when people are actually willing to buy. If people are happy to pay that much in a non-sale period, they have too much money good on them :)
As much as I despise schemes like that, pretty much everyone in the industry is doing it :( I get the *why*...
seems RS is looking to adopt the Waves business model. 😬
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Loque

18 Jun 2020

guitfnky wrote:
18 Jun 2020
diminished wrote:
18 Jun 2020

Wat? No.
Reason12, Win10

guitfnky

18 Jun 2020

Loque wrote:
18 Jun 2020
guitfnky wrote:
18 Jun 2020

Wat? No.
😅 no, just a joke
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Bigsby

18 Jun 2020

It's OK. We need the $American$ RE discount so that we can save up for our medical bills later in life. That $25 savings should come in very handy.

• Information