Guitar volume pedal question

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Jackjackdaw

15 Jun 2020

There is probably a more appropriate forum for this question but i would have to find one, sign up etc... maybe someone here can help.

If i have a loop pedal like a boss rc3 with some synth loops loaded in and i only intend to use it to play these loops, no overdubs. And i want to add a volume pedal so i can fade in and out of the loops. Would i need a high or low impedence volume pedal?

MannequinRaces

15 Jun 2020

You want high impedance. Low ones are for synths and keyboards.

Jackjackdaw

15 Jun 2020

Thats why im confused. If the looper is just playing synth loops and has no guitar running through it then surely it is more like a synth?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
15 Jun 2020
Thats why im confused. If the looper is just playing synth loops and has no guitar running through it then surely it is more like a synth?
Low impedence pedals are for connecting diirectly into synths and midi controllers. If you've got a synth running through the pedal then it's just the same as having a guitar running through the pedal so you need a high impedence...or?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Jackjackdaw

15 Jun 2020

According to a Sweetwater demo, you want a low imp volume pedal if it is coming after a buffered pedal. So in this case a low imp is what i need.

MannequinRaces

15 Jun 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
15 Jun 2020
According to a Sweetwater demo, you want a low imp volume pedal if it is coming after a buffered pedal. So in this case a low imp is what i need.
Or high impedance before the pedal. You didn’t specify if you wanted the pedal before or after the loop station. Normally volume pedals are first in the chain.

Jackjackdaw

15 Jun 2020

I did specify that! The volume of the loop isnt going to fade in and out if the volume pedal is before it, lol!

DaveyG

15 Jun 2020

If you are going passive, low impedance. But you should look to get an active one. It will work better and you'll find more uses for it in the future. You can even get some that are switchable between Wah and Volume.

MannequinRaces

15 Jun 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
15 Jun 2020
I did specify that! The volume of the loop isnt going to fade in and out if the volume pedal is before it, lol!
No you did not. This post says ‘guitar volume pedal’ and you didn’t mention if you were going to be jamming along to this with a guitar or what. It seems really odd to have a loop pedal and not have something in front of it.

Jackjackdaw

16 Jun 2020

Well the Boss RC 3 is a guitar pedal and so is a volume pedal. I said I would load synth loops into it. I said there would be no overdubs. I said I would like to change the volume of those loops with the volume pedal. But whatever dude...

MannequinRaces

16 Jun 2020

I’m just confused as hell as to why you want to do this. Can you elaborate on what the end result is you’re going for? Is it for a live application or something else?

DaveyG

16 Jun 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
16 Jun 2020
Well the Boss RC 3 is a guitar pedal and so is a volume pedal. I said I would load synth loops into it. I said there would be no overdubs. I said I would like to change the volume of those loops with the volume pedal. But whatever dude...
Mate, just ignore the tossers and buy an active volume pedal. I promise you will not regret it.
Spend your energy on music rather than arguing with internet fools.

selig
RE Developer

17 Jun 2020

DaveyG wrote:
16 Jun 2020
Mate, just ignore the tossers and buy an active volume pedal. I promise you will not regret it.
Spend your energy on music rather than arguing with internet fools.
I would like to remind you that "name calling" is not allowed on the forums. I was confused by the OP too, and while the response was not polite they did not resort to name calling and are trying to remain helpful (as are you, but with the name calling). Deep breath all.
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information