Reason 11 Rack Plugin Write Problem, wont launch. Windows 10

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
cj31387

13 Jun 2020

About 4 months ago i got the trial of reason 11 and it worked fine. Then this last Sunday the 7th I went and bought reason 11 intro for 100$.

Every time i try to load the Reason Rack Plugin i get an Error, Write Problem, and it will not load. I sent Reason a Support Message Sunday and they have not replied yet. Ive tried many things. Ive tried totally uninstalling Reason and reinstalling it + Deleting all reason registry keys. I've tried giving my whole C:\ write permissions to "Everyone". I've tried Reason 11.3, 11.2, 11.1, and 11.0 all the same problem. I don't know what the problem is. It does this in FL studio 20 and I own a app called Midi Guitar 2 which can load vsts and i get the same error. The actual Reason Daw will load fine but trying to load the Reason Rack Plugin in 2 different vst hosts i have gave the same exact error. I also sent a message to Image-Line and they said to message Reason because it was an error coming from Reason not FL, which I did but have not gotten a reply in now a week.
Attachments
Reason Rack Plugin.png
Reason Rack Plugin.png (5.42 KiB) Viewed 2388 times

cj31387

15 Jun 2020

Still cant figure it out, I'm thinking of reformatting and reinstalling Windows 10 even though thats a pain.

WOO

15 Jun 2020

I found this it may or may not be relevant for your problem viewtopic.php?t=7510874

cj31387

16 Jun 2020

WOO wrote:
15 Jun 2020
I found this it may or may not be relevant for your problem viewtopic.php?t=7510874
THANK YOU MAN, i read it very carefully, I read it before (and checked the first few posts and followed seeing if i did the same) but it was the last guys post that I did the same thing in the music folder when i had first installed the trial cause my C:\ is a old ssd that only has like 100gb space and windows takes up half of it.

"I had simultaneously emailed reason support about this and they got back pretty dang quickly! It turns out I had made an alias link a couple years back and forgot, then I think I moved the files to another drive so that alias wasn't working any more. And that's what was causing it for me. Not sure if this is the same as OP cause its an alias, Im not sure if thats the same thing as a symbolic link.

Anyway, that Alias was in the music folder in the user folder, like hard drive ---> Users ---> Your user name folder ---> Music -----> Propellerhead Content. The propellerhead content was the alias and it was directing to another drive that wasn't there any more. So I deleted it. then I could open reason from there.
"
That was my problem i still had a symbolic link in the music folder which i like never use so i didn't see it. Now it opens, THANKS!!!!

• Information