Slipknot Thread

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Jun 2020

Post anything Slipknot related. :)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Jun 2020

This is a drum medley/cover of their first album. I found this clip about two weeks ago.

I used to be completely obsessed with Slipknot around 1999-2002. Still absolutely love their first two albums. And the drums are a huge part of it.
I just find the drumming on this record to be amazing. I LOVE it. So intense and over the top. What impresses me the most about Joeys drumming style isn't so much the technical aspect but rather the compositional aspect. There's so much variation, different grooves, fills that makes every song interesting. Every song has its own unique drum grooves/patterns. Many metal drummers might be more technical and fast or whatever, but they're not always that creative with their drumming.

mjxl

07 Jun 2020

Metal starts and ends with Slipknot for me, it's what I have on random in my car. ALL the time.

That is all.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2020

mjxl wrote:
07 Jun 2020
Metal starts and ends with Slipknot for me, it's what I have on random in my car. ALL the time.

That is all.
They do have something special that other metal bands don't have.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

11 Jun 2020

My wife and I really enjoyed watching this a few weeks back :)

A decent amount of the live footage is taken from UK Download 2019, which I was at. They were truly amazing live. My story with Slipknot is a long one, which I'll maybe elaborate on some other time :)

• Information