Where are the Wavetable Refills?????

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
scratchnsnifff

03 Jun 2020

Only marketed refill for europa that i found that has Wavetables included are that Retro Waves by pink noise....

stellar refill by the way :)

id love it if the props or any 3rd party developers went and had a little Table campaign. where every now and then they would release a set of 10-20 Reason Crafted wavetables.

Sure serum imported tables work. however, when loading anything into europa, it appears that the algorithm works better with certain types of waveforms.

the retro waves refill is a perfect example of how someone should be making tables for Europa/Expanse and others :)

idk what it is about the algorithm that reason uses, but putting a wavetable from Thor into Europa/Expanse works perfectly but when its put into serum, you have to doctor it all up.

this leads me to my thought that it would be cool if those who know the tricks could make little packs to sell every now and then :) even though i have millions of tables, its like 50% of them actually work well with my reason synths

also, if anyone can point me to any other wavetable packs in the reason shop/Refills that also include tables.

thanks everyone
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

mjxl

03 Jun 2020

scratchnsnifff wrote:
03 Jun 2020
Sure serum imported tables work. however, when loading anything into europa, it appears that the algorithm works better with certain types of waveforms.
//edit: actually, this might be a good quick tip in Tutorials & Techiques, posting there.

link: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7518020

Boombastix
Competition Winner

03 Jun 2020

I did one for Expanse, should soon be in the Reason shop, but you can check it out here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7517418
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Auryn

04 Jun 2020

scratchnsnifff wrote:
03 Jun 2020
Only marketed refill for europa that i found that has Wavetables included are that Retro Waves by pink noise....

id love it if the props or any 3rd party developers went and had a little Table campaign. where every now and then they would release a set of 10-20 Reason Crafted wavetables.

the retro waves refill is a perfect example of how someone should be making tables for Europa/Expanse and others :)
I haven't checked out the retro waves refill, but my last 3 refills contain a number of custom 'wavetables'. Mostly these are just various short sound exports of loops and drones that I experiment with. In my new Europa refill there are about 60. I found that Europa resynthesizes drums and percussion very nicely, so I did a bunch of patches based on percussion loops and such. I also use various 1-shots and fx from the factory sound bank as 'wavetables'
scratchnsnifff wrote:
03 Jun 2020
idk what it is about the algorithm that reason uses, but putting a wavetable from Thor into Europa/Expanse works perfectly but when its put into serum, you have to doctor it all up.

this leads me to my thought that it would be cool if those who know the tricks could make little packs to sell every now and then :) even though i have millions of tables, its like 50% of them actually work well with my reason synths
Yeah, so as far as I understand it, every synth has its own algorithm for importing wavetables. Europas algorithm seems to work well with drums and percussion. Oberon's algorithm is amazing for voices and speech, but doesn't do as well with music/drums and such. Expanse I found more difficult as it seems to heavily "rectify" the waves in some way that leaves most samples unrecognizable. However it works better with wavs that are actually intended as wavetables.
scratchnsnifff wrote:
03 Jun 2020
also, if anyone can point me to any other wavetable packs in the reason shop/Refills that also include tables.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7517794
here is a link to a topic about my most recent refill. I would have asked you to do a demo track but Europa doesn't have any FM capabilities so there aren't much dubsteppy sounds like my Expanse refill has. So I was unsure whether it would fit your style.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

eXode

07 Jun 2020

Auryn wrote:
04 Jun 2020
Expanse I found more difficult as it seems to heavily "rectify" the waves in some way that leaves most samples unrecognizable. However it works better with wavs that are actually intended as wavetables.
Expanse maximizes the frames, if I recall correctly, so you don't get silence.

When loading regular samples (and not wavetables) into Expanse you often get better results using one of the frame modes, like Morph 5 or Fade 5 for an example. It will not play the sample in a recognizable way, but on the other hand you can get some interesting melodic wavetables from practically any source sample.

scratchnsnifff

07 Jun 2020

Auryn wrote:
04 Jun 2020
scratchnsnifff wrote:
03 Jun 2020

I haven't checked out the retro waves refill, but my last 3 refills contain a number of custom 'wavetables'. Mostly these are just various short sound exports of loops and drones that I experiment with. In my new Europa refill there are about 60. I found that Europa resynthesizes drums and percussion very nicely, so I did a bunch of patches based on percussion loops and such. I also use various 1-shots and fx from the factory sound bank as 'wavetables'
scratchnsnifff wrote:
03 Jun 2020

Yeah, so as far as I understand it, every synth has its own algorithm for importing wavetables. Europas algorithm seems to work well with drums and percussion. Oberon's algorithm is amazing for voices and speech, but doesn't do as well with music/drums and such. Expanse I found more difficult as it seems to heavily "rectify" the waves in some way that leaves most samples unrecognizable. However it works better with wavs that are actually intended as wavetables.
scratchnsnifff wrote:
03 Jun 2020
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7517794
here is a link to a topic about my most recent refill. I would have asked you to do a demo track but Europa doesn't have any FM capabilities so there aren't much dubsteppy sounds like my Expanse refill has. So I was unsure whether it would fit your style.

Damn! I would have loved to participate:) next time you go for a bass style Europa refill let me know :)

Thanks for all the Info!
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

09 Jun 2020

HI folks,

just a quick plug for another thread that relates to this.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7518115

Cheers,
Brian

• Information