Synchronous Init-Patch "Competition"

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
NDKay

02 Jun 2020

Hey :reason: Fellas

i use synchronous all the time and the last time opened it and reseted the patch an idea slapped my head.

How about making a forum "competition" around the init patch from synchronous:

you know, while the init patch from synchronous makes no change to a sound, there are two shapes (1yellow+2pink) already "painted",

which would be the starting point and also the only 2 things you´re not allowed to change.
(should the change of rate and phase for them be ok? whatcha think ? )

Is there interest for something like this ?
im not sure if "competition" is the right word because there is no prize i could think of besides a "ReasonTalk-Synchronous-Init-Patch-Refill" ( :puf_bigsmile: ).

edit: wrote syncHronous right. :lol:
This is a SmartAss. Really nothing more than that !

Loque

02 Jun 2020

You tried the refill from the Lectric Panda?
http://lectricpanda.com/
Reason12, Win10

NDKay

02 Jun 2020

Loque wrote:
02 Jun 2020
You tried the refill from the Lectric Panda?
http://lectricpanda.com/
i have, and i have lots of fun with that :D

while writing the opening i also thought about that and then i thought about how it could be a possibilty to strengthen the forum even further. :puf_wink:

i mean if theres no interest its ok, just askin

maybe its a dumb idea :lol:

mjxl

02 Jun 2020

Cool idea yeah :P
I'd go with 1+2 no changes, 3rd slot is free to do whatever.

Also, you should probably pre-determine a device or devices I guess, since a Synchronous patch kinda needs a context with it.
Just Europa + Synchronous could already get a huge variety with a tiny toolset.
Now we could drop in a 3rd constant from Europa aswell, say only allowed to use a Sine on Osc1.

NDKay

03 Jun 2020

mjxl wrote:
02 Jun 2020
Cool idea yeah :P
I'd go with 1+2 no changes, 3rd slot is free to do whatever.

Also, you should probably pre-determine a device or devices I guess, since a Synchronous patch kinda needs a context with it.
Just Europa + Synchronous could already get a huge variety with a tiny toolset.
Now we could drop in a 3rd constant from Europa aswell, say only allowed to use a Sine on Osc1.
I also thought about that, but then i thought about the Dry/Wet Knob. Lets take " Broken Beat Repeater" or " Breather" Presets , which you can put on nearly everything.. sounds good on hihats or percloops and also arps. Yeah, maybe you need a bit of tweaking at the distortion area.

Maybe lets turn it around, the competitors can add at what "base sound" they have worked out the patch on.
After all, if it gets to the point of having the refill, the next patch will be just a push of a button away ;-)

What do you think of changing the rate and phase of the first 2 shapes ? To squeeze a bit more differentiation out of the contest ?

My biggest "concern" is about the quantity though.... we wont need a refill for a handfull of patches :-(

mjxl

03 Jun 2020

I think it could be more interesting to see what variations everyone comes with, on a stricter set of variables.

That's why I think Europa with a Sine is a good contender, since it has the oscillator modifiers.

Then again, just the Synchronous could be enough as well yeah.. Like you said, could be drums, or maybe a synth with an arp or pad... Hmm :P

NDKay

04 Jun 2020

I´m fine with "Dont touch anything for 1+2" :D

lets see if the "would consider to participate" rate will rise in the next days ;)

• Information