Any ideas or requests for a new RE?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Catblack

01 Jun 2020

I think you should look at the Benjolin. I've built one, and it's one of my favorite modules. There's a software version of it out there. It uses a circuit called a Rungler that's really awesome.

There's some wonderful mods (and a redrawn schematic) here.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2020

There is one unit that isn't too hard to make but can be useful. AUTOPAN DELUXE

With a few different LFO shapes, parab/sine/tri/exp/etc. Maybe even a draw-able LFO shape
Different speeds. 2/1...1/16
Pan Depth
A step sequencer that lets you set/change LFO speed over 4-bars.

"True" pan or "cross-fade" pan.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Loque

01 Jun 2020

Boombastix wrote:
01 Jun 2020

With a few different LFO shapes, parab/sine/tri/exp/etc. Maybe even a draw-able LFO shape
Pan Depth

For what do we need a auto pan in Reason while you can build one within seconds?
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2020

Boombastix wrote:
26 May 2020
challism wrote:
26 May 2020
I'd love to see a good emulation of the uni-vibe effects pedal like Jimi Hendrix used. There are some nice tries but most of them miss the mark, I think. I'm unaware of any that actually came close.
Have you tried Audiority Tube Modulator or Amplitube's Univibe?
This is on sale for €10 just now at Plugin Boutique and you get a Sonible eq free with your purchase. Tried it last night and it’s pretty “vibey”.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2020

Loque wrote:
01 Jun 2020
Boombastix wrote:
01 Jun 2020

Pan Depth

For what do we need a auto pan in Reason while you can build one within seconds?
Not with that feature set. And you have a single device that can save patches and ready for drop in inside a Combinator.
How do you wire up in seconds true pan, with custom LFO curve and set the LFO rate in a step sequencer fashion?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Murf
RE Developer

18 Jun 2020

*UPDATE*
I have been mucking around in MATLAB Simulink with a few vintage guitar pedal circuits but am struggling to get a DSP implementation done. I came across a plugin that apparently can export Simulink models to a JUCE C++ Project, but the company that makes it did not return my emails.
If anyone has had any experience with this please share!
https://audioplugingenerator.com/

Murf.

NDKay

22 Jun 2020

how about a "polyrhythm" RE ?

Something like the "Double-Sequencer" from the Moog Subharmonicon or the "second part from the left at the bottom"(Multirhythm Section? ) of Complex 1.

But maybe with more than 2 Signals and besides the Speed Controls (which will need to be A LOT, incl. Ts and Ds) also some control over "ticks" ( just a "slight" drift to left or right from the init start point of the signal)

It is not an original idea of course, but could get handy for generative stuff or hihats. aaand it would fit your "modular" series ! ;-)

---------------------------

And while i´m here i would be +1 for Joeys idea of an "Mirror-Modular" Series where the devices mirror all controls from the front at the back so you can stay there. Of course for modular stuuff !
This is a SmartAss. Really nothing more than that !

Murf
RE Developer

23 Jun 2020

NDKay wrote:
22 Jun 2020

Something like the "Double-Sequencer" from the Moog Subharmonicon or the "second part from the left at the bottom"(Multirhythm Section? ) of Complex 1.

But maybe with more than 2 Signals and besides the Speed Controls (which will need to be A LOT, incl. Ts and Ds) also some control over "ticks" ( just a "slight" drift to left or right from the init start point of the signal)

It is not an original idea of course, but could get handy for generative stuff or hihats. aaand it would fit your "modular" series ! ;-)

And while i´m here i would be +1 for Joeys idea of an "Mirror-Modular" Series where the devices mirror all controls from the front at the back so you can stay there. Of course for modular stuuff !

I am going to be coding for years!
Thanks for the suggestion, I am always looking for ideas to add to the MODRACK range.

NDKay

24 Jun 2020

Murf wrote:
23 Jun 2020
NDKay wrote:
22 Jun 2020

Thanks for the suggestion, I am always looking for ideas to add to the MODRACK range.
While writing i think i got a bit "over euphorized" and did go wrong for one thing: your modular series !

Your series goes down the "simple" approach where the user should be the one who´s "introducing the complexity", so a polyrhythm RE from you should stay simple, too !

Correcting my idea now:

1(single) Signal generator with delay , speed and "tick" controls!
But with the possibility to act as a "Master" or a "Slave", so they will be chainable.

While i think adding 4 "Slave" Jacks would be nice, i also think one would be enough ( because of all the CV-Splitter out there).
edit : ...... or add a "through" jack
This is a SmartAss. Really nothing more than that !

jam-s

24 Jun 2020

NDKay wrote:
24 Jun 2020

1(single) Signal generator with delay , speed and "tick" controls!
But with the possibility to act as a "Master" or a "Slave", so they will be chainable.

While i think adding 4 "Slave" Jacks would be nice, i also think one would be enough ( because of all the CV-Splitter out there).
edit : ...... or add a "through" jack
Having multiple jacks (e.g. 16 to trigger all kong pads) is better imho as there will most likely be one batch of samples delay for each chained device. When using a master slave setup it would be good to have the option to set a delay on the master as well so all devices stay perfectly in sync.

kuhliloach

24 Jun 2020

The popularity over time of ID8 gives us extremely important insight. Reason owners crave one stop shopping! Especially when finding things in Reason is difficult because of the confusing Browser. So I'd say more Instrument Devices that refine the music staples producers need. And then make them easy to use like ID8.

dioxide

02 Jul 2020

Rack Extension port of VirtualCZ*
http://www.olilarkin.co.uk/index.php?p=virtualcz

Thor sounds different and this is THE classic Phase Distortion sound. Off to demo the Rob Papen one now...

"Already trialed". Noooooo. Feature suggestion: allow users to demo REs once every year. I can't remember when I trialled this but probably a couple of years ago when it came out.

*Oli has no plans to do a RE version himself, at least last time I asked a couple of years back.

scratchnsnifff

08 Jul 2020

Murf wrote:
23 Jun 2020
NDKay wrote:
22 Jun 2020

I’m still hoping for a few random oscillator types

That fit the blamsoft or even now, the murf series

A wavetable oscillator. That has a XY map where you can draw the warp mode

Like in serum’s remap mode. In the XY section there would be presets for things like sync, Bend+, bend - etc

But the kicker would be that it would be two oscillators with two XY’s so you could have a serum type sound source in seconds

Of course you would need a FM from which ever oscillator

The creativity would really come out with how well the presets for the drawing of warp modes

This is such a fun thing in serum and idk why expanse is the only one who did it properly

RP and quad also did it in a unique way as well. Plus all their synths have the PwM/symmetry knob which basically does A symmetrical movement
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Murf
RE Developer

08 Jul 2020

scratchnsnifff wrote:
08 Jul 2020

Like in serum’s remap mode. In the XY section there would be presets for things like sync, Bend+, bend - etc

But the kicker would be that it would be two oscillators with two XY’s so you could have a serum type sound source in seconds

The creativity would really come out with how well the presets for the drawing of warp modes

This is such a fun thing in serum and idk why expanse is the only one who did it properly

RP and quad also did it in a unique way as well. Plus all their synths have the PwM/symmetry knob which basically does A symmetrical movement
Great idea! I have been thinking about a "draw your own wave" oscillator for awhile now.
I am also working (slowly) on a version of FM-OP from Bogaudio (with the author's permission) that would be a nice FM source for it too.

Murf.

gabrielnorena

09 Jul 2020

I think we need a new LA2A rack extension, too long since the one made by Cakewalk was removed, and it might never come back.

lowtom

09 Jul 2020

Reaktor Metaphysical Function as Rack Extension.
:reason: :refill: :re:

Loque

09 Jul 2020

lowtom wrote:
09 Jul 2020
Ok.I dont have a freaking clue what you mean, but i want it.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (892.24 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
Reason12, Win10

selig
RE Developer

09 Jul 2020

What about a machine that goes ping?
Selig Audio, LLC

lowtom

09 Jul 2020

Loque wrote:
09 Jul 2020
lowtom wrote:
09 Jul 2020
giphy.gif
Enlightenment :)

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... show/6163/

Loque

09 Jul 2020

lowtom wrote:
09 Jul 2020
Loque wrote:
09 Jul 2020

giphy.gif
Enlightenment :)

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... show/6163/
Thanks for enlightment. Reminds me on more using my Glitchmachines, Pitch and Frequencyshifters, Samplers, Torsions, Synths and Distortions and modulat the sh!t out of them :thumbs_up: Good idea to hook some sin waves over a sample which you distort...gives more distortion on some fundamentals...So much stuff to try out... :thumbs_up:

But its obviously not new, or am i wrong?
Reason12, Win10

lowtom

09 Jul 2020

Loque wrote:
09 Jul 2020
But its obviously not new, or am i wrong?
It's quite old gem but still impressive.

scratchnsnifff

09 Jul 2020

Murf wrote:
08 Jul 2020
scratchnsnifff wrote:
08 Jul 2020

Great idea! I have been thinking about a "draw your own wave" oscillator for awhile now.
I am also working (slowly) on a version of FM-OP from Bogaudio (with the author's permission) that would be a nice FM source for it too.

Murf.
Please!!! If you do. Have a custom display.
Think of Europa and the env section

One main XY for drawing the waveform
As well as an XY per waveform to add wave modifiers per wave slot

It’d be like how Europa sweeps env 3-4

But this could be 2 main oscillators
Both oscillators allow for 4 drawable waveforms

Maybe it makes more sense to have the wave modifiers effect the entire series of waveforms per oscillator like they do in expanse and Europa

A must have feature would be the ability to have one of the oscillators be FM’d from the other set of waveforms

While it would be a basic 2 oscillator setup that could be a basic 2 OP FM setup

You could add a ton of control click commands to add, randomize, or generate waveforms/modifiers

Idk why this doesn’t exist lol

Overall. A 2 oscillator synth voice that lets users draw and crossfade between waveforms

With an added kick of the 2 XY phase distortion/waveform modifiers
And Fm. There needs to be inter oscillator fm

Please :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

jam-s

11 Jul 2020

selig wrote:
09 Jul 2020
What about a machine that goes ping?
I'll take it. Unless it's jammed. ;)

mjxl

13 Jul 2020

Murf wrote:
08 Jul 2020
YES. PLEASE.

Just a 'simple' set of 2 drawable oscillators, with some of the 'modifiers' like said above would be frikkin cool yeah!

fieldframe
RE Developer

13 Jul 2020

mjxl wrote:
13 Jul 2020
Murf wrote:
08 Jul 2020
YES. PLEASE.

Just a 'simple' set of 2 drawable oscillators, with some of the 'modifiers' like said above would be frikkin cool yeah!
How would this be different from what you can do in Europa?

• Information