So what have you bought from this May Madness Sale?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ab459

26 May 2020

(Sigh) In total during may nadness:

Evolution, Kompulsion
Resonans, Sequences, Euclidean Rhythms
VK-2, Zero Hybrid
ChordLine, InRange, Negate
The Loopcracker Suite
Arcus User Knobs
MIDI-CV Converter, Neutron Particle Emitter
AutoLatch MIDI Gate

Then already remained not a much free money, and was choise between Euclid Rhythm Generator and VST Boz Big Clipper (which at sale now too, and ironically the same 19$), and damn was forced to grab clipper :( , tried demo, the result seemed to me somehow unusual, interesting fx.
So, hope will grab ERG at next sale then.

EdGrip

26 May 2020

I'm tempted by Euclidean Rhythms!

strangers
Competition Winner

26 May 2020

I grabbed Zero and Vibro. Been wanting to get Zero for a while. Couldn't resist with the sale price.
Boombastix wrote:
25 May 2020
No talk about Spectra for $39?
I'm curious about Spectra, too. Currently demoing it and on the fence. Liking it for pads while I feel like I'd reach for other synths for everything else.

WOO

26 May 2020

Luna dual performance synth. It sounds great.

moalla

27 May 2020

The amazing Viking Vk2
and Villanelle
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

Faastwalker

28 May 2020

Expert Sleepers - Silent Way Voice Controller.

Not actually in the sale but I finally got around to trialing this RE during the sale. Quite possibly the most essential utility RE I've bought so far. Already had full control of modular / Eurorack gear via ADAT, an ES-3 Eurorack module & RoboticBean's critical CV I/O RE's. But the Expert Sleepers RE was the final piece of the puzzle to tune the voices (oscillators) automatically! It's absolutely wizard! :mrgreen:

EdGrip

30 May 2020

Add to my list:

PhoenixVerb (on sale for £9 at Plugin Boutique, went down without a hitch)

Spitfire Audio Felt Piano (£29, not on sale, but I have wanted it for ages and it's beautiful)

And of course, Valhalla Supermassive. (FREE get it jeez what are you waiting for??)

PhoenixVerb is good, but boring. The plate setting seems particularly nice but I need to explore it more. A boring serious reverb for proper boring tasks. Probably better for wrapping a sound in some room ambience than big trippy spaces. So that's a bit of a disappointment cos I'm here for the big trippy spaces.

So it's just as well Valhalla Supermassive dispenses big trippy spaces beautifully, all day long, and without rival. It's great. I love it. Suffice to say, one Felt Piano with a Valhalla BBD delay and a Valhalla Supermassive after it, I lost 4hrs last night to a Nils Frahm hole and ended up going to bed at 2am. Money well spent (or not spent, in the case of Supermassive).

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 May 2020

Add AutoLatch. Best RE for me in quite a while.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Steedus
Competition Winner

30 May 2020

Republik Handheld Percussion.

JP, you mentioned in another thread (probably ages ago - I did some random searching) that the GUI was divisive, and you wouldn't do it that way today. I've gotta say I've known about this RE for a while and honestly have always written it off as a novelty item, unfairly judging it's looks - and the pineapples, kazoos and mention of power tools - but I was in a demo-ing mood tonight, downloaded the trial and was genuinely surprised at how much was in there, and that it wasn't all jokey items (ok there are definitely a few oddities but generally it's all great, useful stuff).

Maybe it's not worth it, but perhaps a new fresh look would give this one some new life. But either way, good stuff.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 May 2020

Steedus wrote:
30 May 2020
Republik Handheld Percussion.

JP, you mentioned in another thread (probably ages ago - I did some random searching) that the GUI was divisive, and you wouldn't do it that way today. I've gotta say I've known about this RE for a while and honestly have always written it off as a novelty item, unfairly judging it's looks - and the pineapples, kazoos and mention of power tools - but I was in a demo-ing mood tonight, downloaded the trial and was genuinely surprised at how much was in there, and that it wasn't all jokey items (ok there are definitely a few oddities but generally it's all great, useful stuff).

Maybe it's not worth it, but perhaps a new fresh look would give this one some new life. But either way, good stuff.
Waited ages before getting it too. But it’s a cracker.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

30 May 2020

finally buckled and got Fritz. I blame MrFigg. 😬
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 May 2020

guitfnky wrote:
30 May 2020
Best thing you could have done. Get it on your guitar.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

30 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
30 May 2020
guitfnky wrote:
30 May 2020
Best thing you could have done. Get it on your guitar.
you can count on it. I’ve already saved this weird subtle patch that just randomly spits out sad little grains, and I’m trying it on different tracks in a song I’m working on. I named the patch “sad Fritz”, and I love it. 😆

Bumbum

30 May 2020

guitfnky wrote:
30 May 2020
good pick!

Mataya

30 May 2020

Torsion
Polar
Auto Latch
Viking 2
Spectra
Steerpike BBD delay
Poly Step
Phrase
Chord set Bundle
ABL3 303

:)

guitfnky

30 May 2020

Bumbum wrote:
30 May 2020
guitfnky wrote:
30 May 2020
good pick!
seems that way. fun little device so far!

Loque

30 May 2020

gullum wrote:
30 May 2020
nada
nothhing
slett einki
Wala
Is this a bundle?
Reason12, Win10

guitfnky

30 May 2020

Loque wrote:
30 May 2020
gullum wrote:
30 May 2020
nada
nothhing
slett einki
Wala
Is this a bundle?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ab459

30 May 2020

Trialed Fritz once (and bad that was can't did again during sale now), but by some reason did not bought in past time, not remember why, despite i fan of granular stuff. Perhaps, in those time was affected by presence some other good vst granulars which i have like Crusher-X. But it seems not found any advantages during checking. With high probability the reason was in granular reading algorithm at near to minimal grain size at single grain amount, or more preciesly the ability of controlable "clean scan" and how it sounds. (so usually i rate). Although, of course, the question of what is more valuable in the granulator depends heavily on taste\genre.
But, nevertheless, as i understand now, the integration is big deal, and considering back panel + rack plugin today, i think it really will need grab in next time in any alignment.

About Neutron particle emitter (considering said above), here strange situation. In past time he aroused some interest during testing (though i immediately noticed cut at high freq, that was some cons indeed), but now when grabbed without trial, was not enough impress. Although, pretty unmanifest control here, may be it will find application.

danc

30 May 2020

guitfnky wrote:
30 May 2020
Fritz (I blame everyone here - and thank them as well as it's brill)

Beatchop (again I blame everyone here - although talked less about. I trialled it years ago when it was launched. Takes a little effort to get good results but a worthy exploration).

And I rebirthed Zero synth. Bought it years ago and loving it again.
Check my Soundcloud:

Thousand Ways

30 May 2020

Nothing, I'm afraid. Money not great during the current crisis.

Thousand Ways

30 May 2020

Loque wrote:
30 May 2020
gullum wrote:
30 May 2020
nada
nothhing
slett einki
Wala
Is this a bundle?
Yes, it comes with Cavity v2.20, AbsenceNowt, and Big Phat Zero thrown in for free. Amazing deal. Get it while you can.

EdGrip

30 May 2020

I bought Fritz ages ago. Need to explore it more.

gullum

30 May 2020

Loque wrote:
30 May 2020
gullum wrote:
30 May 2020
nada
nothhing
slett einki
Wala
Is this a bundle?
yes and it has the amazing price of FREE :D