Rack Plugin in my DAWs

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
GateWatcher

24 May 2020

It can't be resized, which is so frustrating! I couldn't do anything in Studio One 4.6 Pro. At the end, I had to delete the track to get rid of the Reason Rack... :thumbs_down:

Studio.jpg
Studio.jpg (414.01 KiB) Viewed 1653 times
Logic.jpg
Logic.jpg (379.92 KiB) Viewed 1653 times
Ableton.jpg
Ableton.jpg (564.65 KiB) Viewed 1653 times

GateWatcher

24 May 2020

The Rack Plugin window couldn't be dragged/moved. Somehow the top of the window was cut off in Studio One. I am using the demo version of Reason 11. It's fine in Logic Pro X 10.5 and Ableton Live 10 Suite. I could move it around in Logic and Ableton, but I couldn't resize it.

I am really new to the the DAW world and music in general. Probably the following topic has been discussed a lot:

The audio editing in Reason 11 is not as easy or intuitive as my other DAWs (as shown above, I only have very limited experiences in playing with Studio One 4.6 Pro, Logic Pro X 10.5 and Ableton Live 10 Suite. I am not in the music production world). It took me a while and I had to watch several YouTube videos and read several articles to figure it out...gee...
Last edited by GateWatcher on 24 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.

PhillipOrdonez

24 May 2020

I think audio editing works great in Reason! What are you editing?

GateWatcher

24 May 2020

Vocal events. I was trying to select a range and delete it, very simple stuff. I couldn't do it the way I have been doing in my other DAWs. At the end, I had to go to the Slice Edit mode to get it done. I am just not used to Reason's audio editing approach. I understand that there are a lot for me to learn. I wish Reason Studios will fix the problem of Rack Plugin window can't be resized in other DAWs soon.

enossified

26 May 2020

GateWatcher, make sure to contact both Reason support and PreSonus support and file a bug with them. Bugs don't get fixed until mfrs get enough complaints from users.

chimp_spanner

26 May 2020

GateWatcher wrote:
24 May 2020
Vocal events. I was trying to select a range and delete it, very simple stuff. I couldn't do it the way I have been doing in my other DAWs. At the end, I had to go to the Slice Edit mode to get it done. I am just not used to Reason's audio editing approach. I understand that there are a lot for me to learn. I wish Reason Studios will fix the problem of Rack Plugin window can't be resized in other DAWs soon.
When you're in pitch edit mode, the waveform that displays above the editor allows you to create new slices (using the razor tool), warp slices by clicking and dragging with the selector, or change the boundary of warp points (without stretching the audio) by holding Option (which I guess would be CTRL on PC). With those tools you can;

Create a new region by inserting slices to define it
Adjust the boundary of the region by Option/Control dragging the slice points
Silence the region by dragging the gain handle all the way down

That's probably how I'd do it!

Kalm

26 May 2020

GateWatcher wrote:
24 May 2020
yea, the best way is to get the razor tool, turn of snap (if you want it off grid) and click-drag the area. Really the main difference is that Reason hasn't incorporated a smart tool setup like Studio One.

I keep my finger on the "R" for these things. At least they have the keyboard mappings "correct" to me.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

GateWatcher

26 May 2020

chimp_spanner wrote:
26 May 2020
[When you're in pitch edit mode, the waveform that displays above the editor allows you to create new slices (using the razor tool), warp slices by clicking and dragging with the selector, or change the boundary of warp points (without stretching the audio) by holding Option (which I guess would be CTRL on PC). With those tools you can;

Create a new region by inserting slices to define it
Adjust the boundary of the region by Option/Control dragging the slice points
Silence the region by dragging the gain handle all the way down

That's probably how I'd do it!
You are so helpful as always!! Thank you for taking your time to answer my dumb questions!
Last edited by GateWatcher on 26 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.

GateWatcher

26 May 2020

Kalm wrote:
26 May 2020
yea, the best way is to get the razor tool, turn of snap (if you want it off grid) and click-drag the area. Really the main difference is that Reason hasn't incorporated a smart tool setup like Studio One.

I keep my finger on the "R" for these things. At least they have the keyboard mappings "correct" to me.
Got it! Thank you very much! I wish Reason will incorporate the smart tool soon. It will be nice if Reason also allows numerical value input in their rack plugins.

Kalm

26 May 2020

GateWatcher wrote:
26 May 2020
Kalm wrote:
26 May 2020

[/quote

Got it! Thank you very much! I wish Reason will incorporate the smart tool soon. It will be nice if Reason also allows numerical value input in their rack plugins.
At least make it a preference
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

antic604

27 May 2020

GateWatcher wrote:
24 May 2020
It can't be resized, which is so frustrating! I couldn't do anything in Studio One 4.6 Pro. At the end, I had to delete the track to get rid of the Reason Rack... :thumbs_down:

Studio.jpg
When Rack VST is up, try going to View / Windows / Reset Window Position. And let us know if it helps.

Also, it seems you either have low resolution display or high scaling factor enabled. Is there any way to change it in OSX?
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Creativemind

14 Jul 2020

GateWatcher wrote:
24 May 2020
Well apparently they're updating the GUI to work on 4k monitors as we speak and should be out in the next few weeks, i hope this extends to scalability in the daw itself and scalability in the RRP too.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information