So what have you bought from this May Madness Sale?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 May 2020

Add MIDI-CV Converter to my list.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Faastwalker

22 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
22 May 2020
Faastwalker wrote:
22 May 2020
Should I buy Noise Engineering Synth Bundle 2? :roll:
No.
I got it for €13 and regret it.
13 Nuerons?! IMPOSSIBLE! :? How did you get it that cheap?

EdGrip

24 May 2020

I just bought some players for the first time!

- Negate and
- InRange by TonicMint,
and
- AutoLatch by Static Cling.

They're kinda boring, maybe, but I think they will serve me well. So you guys got some of the money I was ready to spend on the new Valhalla plugin. ;)
I might get Spitfire Audio Felt Piano in their sale too.

zoidkirb

24 May 2020

Faastwalker wrote:
22 May 2020
MrFigg wrote:
22 May 2020

No.
I got it for €13 and regret it.
13 Nuerons?! IMPOSSIBLE! :? How did you get it that cheap?
There was a shop glitch, it was talked about on RT at the time.
Anyway, I got it for $80 a couple years ago. I find they have an emphasis on fun, especially if you like to go crazy with cv modulation.
Ultimately, you could probably squeeze similar sounds out of Europa but sometimes creativity is about the journey not the destination right?

Yonatan

24 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
22 May 2020
To connect player devices? We have the CV tap by Lectric Panda for free, but this one has selectable polyphonic CV which reduces the cable clutter a bit. Is that why you bought it?

Bes
Competition Winner

24 May 2020

Yonatan wrote:
24 May 2020
MrFigg wrote:
22 May 2020
To connect player devices? We have the CV tap by Lectric Panda for free, but this one has selectable polyphonic CV which reduces the cable clutter a bit. Is that why you bought it?
the ability to mute outgoing signals is pretty useful, you can mute/unmute multiple signals at once with a combinator which was pretty cool before Le Note Software gave us the program suite
- Certified Reason expert

aeox
Competition Winner

24 May 2020

So far:

SidMaster
Autosub
VK-1

sdst
Competition Winner

24 May 2020

I have everything I need, I bought Zero Synthesizer because it sounds good

now waiting the Obsession but this synth must surprise me in the first 3 minutes

GateWatcher

24 May 2020

I bought Ableton Live 10 Suite. :roll:

MannequinRaces

24 May 2020

VK-2
Evolution
MIDI-CV Converter
AutoLatch

Also picked up some free stuff I didn’t have.

Sterioevo

24 May 2020

Yonatan wrote:
24 May 2020
MrFigg wrote:
22 May 2020
PVTC operates differently to Midi-CV convertor - "PVTC takes any incoming Player MIDI data and separates each voice into its own CV Gate and Note output for player chaining" - I.e. it separates voices onto different channels.

Edit - and the polyphonic CV relates to Blamsofts implementation of PolyCV.

Faastwalker

24 May 2020

Picked up Evolution - only $10 off but I really liked this one & trial had ended.

Still tempted to pick up Euclidean Player, which is half price a $25. Good saving.

Want to buy Auto-Sub but that's only $10 off as well. Might wait on that one.

Also tempted by Unfiltered Audio's Sunder Amplitude Splitter, which is also half price at $25.

MannequinRaces

25 May 2020

Faastwalker wrote:
24 May 2020
Picked up Evolution - only $10 off but I really liked this one & trial had ended.

Still tempted to pick up Euclidean Player, which is half price a $25. Good saving.

Want to buy Auto-Sub but that's only $10 off as well. Might wait on that one.

Also tempted by Unfiltered Audio's Sunder Amplitude Splitter, which is also half price at $25.
I was hesitant to buy Evolution because I know down the road it will be more price reduced. Rob is a great developer though and brings awesome devices to the rack. I'm happy to support him and get an awesome device in return. I think he priced this one really well right out of the gate. As an aside I also own Sunder Amplitude Splitter and have yet to use it... I really need to change that!

rorystorm

25 May 2020

I mainly got obscure stuff.

Snakebite: very noisy and has strange volume issues - like it's at least three times louder than anything else even with the master volume at nearly nik. Also a weird interface although I'm yet to rtfm. Still will be good for making nasty edm the day that comes.

Blamsoft eq pack because you know, blamsoft. There's three devices - a parametric eq, a lp hp filter and some other one I can't remember off the top of my head. But they're pretty good, very warm sound. The one thing is that the frequencies are in steps which sound weird if you modulate them. I dunno, might be good for trying to sound like king tubby.

Autosub. I need to play with it some more but I frankly dont see what the fuss is about. I layered it under some sounds and did a comparison with and without it on a few different sets of speakers and was nonwhelmed.

My score though was Ivok which I got principally because I'm a sucker for the phrase Soviet era synthesizer. Has anyone else used it because its freakn great. Straightforward to use, sounds awesome and not like anything else, and the bottom end is stupid flat out badness. It's not as flexible as vk2 and the filters not as shithot as the legend, but the sound quality is up there. Thinking about getting the dev's other synth as well.

That's all.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

25 May 2020

No talk about Spectra for $39?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

moggadeet

25 May 2020

Evolution: I struggle with creating melodies and Evolution works marvelously well in my genre.

Ulpu

25 May 2020

Nothing, since what I really wanted was Reason11 upgrade (not Suite). But it hasn't been on MM sale. Maybe in the BF sale :D
Edit: I don't need it so badly, so I can wait it to be in sale. And I know it has been on sale before, so...
Last edited by Ulpu on 25 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Kalm

25 May 2020

Just got demo Blamsoft Pultec style EQs,

Oh and that Forgotten Clank Autosub
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

Boombastix
Competition Winner

25 May 2020

Ulpu wrote:
25 May 2020
Nothing, since what I really wanted was Reason11 upgrade (not Suite). But it hasn't been on MM sale. Maybe in the BF sale :D
Edit: I don't need it so badly, so I can wait it to be in sale. And I know it has been on sale before, so...
If you're going to wait for BF, remember that v12 is then probably around the corner...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

bieh

26 May 2020

Sequences (a much better option for me than PolyStep Sequencer). And if I hadn't spend money on the fantastic 75% off I got on Izotope Vocalsynth 2, I might have considered any of Torsion, Proton, Fritz, Forgotten Waveshaper, Velocity Curve and RND. But maybe another time. By the way, I feel Forgotten Waveshaper is one of the best deals in May Madness. I recommend watching the videos to get an idea of just how much control it can give you over drums. The Proton discount is awesome too for a complex synth and the crazy amount of modulation possible.

Ulpu

26 May 2020

Boombastix wrote:
25 May 2020
Ulpu wrote:
25 May 2020
If you're going to wait for BF, remember that v12 is then probably around the corner...
Ah yes, true! I remember seeing some calculations (based on earlier releases of Reason updates) that the Reason12 would be around 21... Can't remember was it early 2021 or at the end 2021... I think there were comments about the old releases were when it was still Propellerheads - now it's reason Studios so hard to say if anything goes like used to (+ this whole corona situation).

antic604

26 May 2020

PolyStep and BeatChop so far. Will probably add at least AutoSub to that by the end of the month.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 May 2020

antic604 wrote:
26 May 2020
PolyStep and BeatChop so far. Will probably add at least AutoSub to that by the end of the month.
BeatChop seems to be pretty underrated. I think it’s a good ‘un.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

antic604

26 May 2020

antic604 wrote:
26 May 2020
Added the following to the above list. I think I'm done :?
- MIDI-CV Converter https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... converter/
- Neutron Particle Emitter https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... n/neutron/
- AutoSub https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... n/autosub/
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

• Information