Anyone use iZoptope Neutron 3?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Aosta

23 May 2020

Been diving into videos about it and it looks very useful but it is quite an investment so was wondering if anyone has thoughts and personal experience of it, thanks.
Tend the flame

PhillipOrdonez

23 May 2020

Aosta wrote:
23 May 2020
Been diving into videos about it and it looks very useful but it is quite an investment so was wondering if anyone has thoughts and personal experience of it, thanks.
I use it. Do not count on the assistant to mix for you. It is a good set of mixing tools! But there might be better tools from other companies. I don't know the difference between versions, I got the advanced one and it is useful.

Aosta

23 May 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
23 May 2020

I use it. Do not count on the assistant to mix for you. It is a good set of mixing tools! But there might be better tools from other companies. I don't know the difference between versions, I got the advanced one and it is useful.
Thanks
Tend the flame

zero-13

24 May 2020

Plugin Boutique and iZotope gave Neutron 3 Elements away for free recently, right as I was just learning about transient shaping.

Elements is very limited feature wise compared to Advanced, however the main thing I can say is the Transient Shaper module is incredible and kind of mind blowing!

Incredibly minimal but super effective at either boosting the attack on stuff or smoothing it way out, forgive the non technical noobish description, I'm very green to transient shaping but easily controlling the attack / release on almost any sound has been incredible.

I feel like situations where I've really struggled to make certain sounds sound the way I want via compression, this little simple transient shaper easily gets things sounding how I want.

I'm sure you want Neutron 3 Advanced for full on mixing, but in case anyone else has elements and is maybe just finding out about transient shaping, they might be pleasantly surprised by the transient shaper in Neutron 3.

Futz

24 May 2020

I have used Neutron since it came out. It's a great toolbox with many excellent features.
If I had to pick one desert island channel strip plugin, it would be Neutron.
If izotope gave it away once they will give it away again maybe.
Elements gives you plenty to work with. I actually use it more than advanced for simplicity.
You don't have to use the mix assistant, but it can be a huge time saver.

reddust

24 May 2020

I'm using it too, though I actually use Ozone more often than Neutron. If you can't purchase it at once maybe it's interesting to know that Splice offers it as a rent-to-own application, though I personally would rather wait for a sale and save some good money on it since Splice only sells at full price if I'm not wrong here

esselfortium

24 May 2020

It's a great workflow helper and all-around mixing tool, worth getting the bundle with Ozone and Tonal Balance Control.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Reminiscence

30 May 2020

Picked up the Tonal Balance Bundle (Ozone 9 Advanced, Neutron 3 Advanced, Nectar 3, and Melodyne 4 Essential) yesterday. Damn it's cool! :ugeek:

They gave me a loyalty offer of $199, and 5% discount. Yay for me!

zero-13

30 May 2020

Reminiscence wrote:
30 May 2020
Picked up the Tonal Balance Bundle (Ozone 9 Advanced, Neutron 3 Advanced, Nectar 3, and Melodyne 4 Essential) yesterday. Damn it's cool! :ugeek:

They gave me a loyalty offer of $199, and 5% discount. Yay for me!
Nice, killer deal!

dvdrtldg

30 May 2020

zero-13 wrote:
24 May 2020
Plugin Boutique and iZotope gave Neutron 3 Elements away for free recently, right as I was just learning about transient shaping.

Elements is very limited feature wise compared to Advanced, however the main thing I can say is the Transient Shaper module is incredible and kind of mind blowing!

Incredibly minimal but super effective at either boosting the attack on stuff or smoothing it way out, forgive the non technical noobish description, I'm very green to transient shaping but easily controlling the attack / release on almost any sound has been incredible.

I feel like situations where I've really struggled to make certain sounds sound the way I want via compression, this little simple transient shaper easily gets things sounding how I want.

I'm sure you want Neutron 3 Advanced for full on mixing, but in case anyone else has elements and is maybe just finding out about transient shaping, they might be pleasantly surprised by the transient shaper in Neutron 3.
It's also good for subtle de-reverbing. Not quite as feature-rich as something like Waves' Smack Attack, but does a nice job

zero-13

30 May 2020

dvdrtldg wrote:
30 May 2020
zero-13 wrote:
24 May 2020

It's also good for subtle de-reverbing. Not quite as feature-rich as something like Waves' Smack Attack, but does a nice job
I think I remember seeing that mentioned in a tutorial, for using on a snare ringing out or something like that, it also might have been gating though?

So many things to absorb, wish I could just download right into the old eraser like the Matrix. :puf_bigsmile:

• Information