VST3, MIDI Routing, i.e Scaler, cthulu & RRP running inside reason

Discuss VST stuff here!
cymek74

21 May 2020

Just came across this, https://ddmf.eu/metaplugin-chainer-vst- ... x-wrapper/, and have tested it out quickly with Scaler, RRP/vst 3, and it works!!!!!!!!!!
Seems to add a little bit of a CPU overhead, (untested), but nothing drastic.
Reason 12, Bitwig 4, Win 10 :recycle: :reason: :re:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

21 May 2020

There are several. Kushview Element is a "pay what you want", or something like that.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

cymek74

21 May 2020

I had looked at Kushview Element before, but for some reason, I'd missed the hosting VST3 bit in the description. I already had MUX, so was using that for Cthulu/kirmu etc., but only with VST instruments as MUX doesn't host VST3, so couldn't run the RRP. I really wanted to use the VST midi stuff with Reason synths, so got a bit excited this morning when it all worked out.
I keep a good eye on the forums for info. and knowledge, as I'm still learning all this DAW stuff, but these seem like good solutions for VST3/MIDI workarounds.
Reason seems to be a workaround DAW, but I still love it, never gelled with the other offerings I trialled.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

22 May 2020

cymek74 wrote:
21 May 2020
I had looked at Kushview Element before, but for some reason, I'd missed the hosting VST3 bit in the description. I already had MUX, so was using that for Cthulu/kirmu etc., but only with VST instruments as MUX doesn't host VST3, so couldn't run the RRP. I really wanted to use the VST midi stuff with Reason synths, so got a bit excited this morning when it all worked out.
I keep a good eye on the forums for info. and knowledge, as I'm still learning all this DAW stuff, but these seem like good solutions for VST3/MIDI workarounds.
Reason seems to be a workaround DAW, but I still love it, never gelled with the other offerings I trialled.
Send them an email requesting VST midi out for both the Standalone and the Rack Plugin (needs to host VST as well). They need to hear from you too. The more who requests it, the bigger chance they do it.
The Rack Plugin was an idea that came up here on Reason Talk actually.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

cymek74

23 May 2020

Send them an email requesting VST midi out for both the Standalone and the Rack Plugin (needs to host VST as well). They need to hear from you too. The more who requests it, the bigger chance they do it.
The Rack Plugin was an idea that came up here on Reason Talk actually.
[/quote]

I will do, other improvements in general, to the sequencer etc. would be nice of course, but these are the only things I miss on a regular basis. I'll get on it.

• Information