Will Synapse's OB-Xa emulation 'OBSESSION' hit the RE universe?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
marcuswitt

21 May 2020

What do you think? Will Synapse's OB-Xa emulation, called OBSESSION, find its way into the world of Reason's Rack Extensions? In my opinion, the RE universe would be a perfect environment to this new Synth. Based on what the demos/previews on Youtube that thing sounds really great.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7517767

Cheers!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 May 2020

Hope so. I mean pretty much everything by Synapse is great imo. If they do I'm very likely to buy it. Not that I know anything about this synth yet. But if it's even half as good Legend was then it'll be worth getting.

Loque

21 May 2020

I would be surprised....But who knows...Synapse is not so into fancy shiny glassy GUIs, so maybe we see it as a RE and it could easily fit.
Reason12, Win10

BRIGGS

21 May 2020

Someone needs to make an 8 oscillator synth, and call it 'octopus'. :puf_smile:
r11s

hurricane
Competition Winner

21 May 2020

BRIGGS wrote:
21 May 2020
Linplug did exactly that years ago. https://www.kvraudio.com/product/octopus-by-linplug

I have a strong feeling Synapse will be more open to releasing this as an RE now that Arturia sort of stole their thunder (and maybe some of their sales). It looks like he had that possibility in mind from the beginning, based on how it looks.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

BRIGGS

21 May 2020

hurricane wrote:
21 May 2020
BRIGGS wrote:
21 May 2020
Linplug did exactly that years ago. https://www.kvraudio.com/product/octopus-by-linplug
lol :lol:
r11s

jjkjjk

21 May 2020

Yes to RE!

dioxide

21 May 2020

I'd guess yes. The proportions of the device are the same as The Legend.

EdGrip

21 May 2020

I think the official word from Synapse was "maybe". Always worth getting the RE version for us, if there's the option, because now we can just load it up into the rack VST and use it as a VST (but with all of Reason's modulation possibilities)

But do I, a U-he Repro owner, need this? ;)

Italophile

21 May 2020

This was discussed in December 2019 when it was confirmed they were working on OB-Xa.

https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtopic ... it=Synapse

Loque

21 May 2020

Italophile wrote:
21 May 2020
This was discussed in December 2019 when it was confirmed they were working on OB-Xa.

https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtopic ... it=Synapse
Clearly RS must do something with the native CPU optimizations...
Reason12, Win10

Boombastix
Competition Winner

21 May 2020

It said v0.99 on the back, soooooooooooooo must be close to the v1.0 release then :lol:

KS patches, will be nice too. Even if Arturia dropped theirs I have a feeling that Diva is the real competition. I dig many of Arturia's digital emulations but the analog stuff feels like one dimension too little, they sort of miss to get the inter-oscillator modulations right. You notice when you start to play chords. I'm mean they are OK for what it is, but Diva and Synapse just seem to get that last bit to where it needs to be.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Faastwalker

22 May 2020

+1 for an RE version here :thumbs_up:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 May 2020

I sent them a message on facebook asking if they'll do a RE version and got this answer:

"Yes, we just don't know when exactly it will be out - probably shortly after the VST/AU/AAX 🙂"

aeox
Competition Winner

22 May 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
22 May 2020
I sent them a message on facebook asking if they'll do a RE version and got this answer:

"Yes, we just don't know when exactly it will be out - probably shortly after the VST/AU/AAX 🙂"
:D

Boombastix
Competition Winner

22 May 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
22 May 2020

Big up for Synapse, hope it has audio in as The Legend. :thumbs_up:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

SynapseAudio
RE Developer

22 May 2020

Yes RE is coming, we expect it to be out a few weeks after the VST/AU/AAX versions. This is because we cannot do a final build before having the factory library ready, and once we do, the RE still needs to pass through the extensive RS testing program, in addition to our own beta testing.

The RE has audio in and four CV inputs, which you can freely use in the Mod Matrix.

Richard

paulred67

22 May 2020

SynapseAudio wrote:
22 May 2020
Yes RE is coming, we expect it to be out a few weeks after the VST/AU/AAX versions. This is because we cannot do a final build before having the factory library ready, and once we do, the RE still needs to pass through the extensive RS testing program, in addition to our own beta testing.

The RE has audio in and four CV inputs, which you can freely use in the Mod Matrix.

Richard
Good news from Synapse! :thumbs_up:
Studio One 6, Melodyne 5 Studio, Nord Stage, Roland RD-88, VR-730, Jupiter-Xm, JD-08, Arturia V Collection X, Pigments 5, Korg Collection 3, East West Cloud, Sampletank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronik, Sampletron, Hammond B-3X, Blue 3, Pianoteq.

hurricane
Competition Winner

22 May 2020

SynapseAudio wrote:
22 May 2020

Richard
Are we getting the same deal as The Legend? Buy the VST/AU/AAX get the RE?

I hope you release the VST/AU/AAX (or at least a demo) before June 9th, you know cuz ummm, Arturia. :puf_wink:
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Loque

22 May 2020

I am more interested in the RE version. If i can get both, i would not say "no"...I still have the RE version of The Legend and its ok for me, i do not need the VST. I like to put something through the filter or add some movement on the back.

But tbh, i am a bit sceptical with Obsession itself...maybe i have to try it when its out...i was sceptical with Dune3 too and its amazing.

Maybe its time for a song contest when its been released...guess a lot of ppl have more time than usual ;-)
Reason12, Win10

jjkjjk

22 May 2020

SynapseAudio wrote:
22 May 2020

Richard
PARTY

Heater

22 May 2020

Nice. Very nice.

Philup

22 May 2020

SynapseAudio wrote:
22 May 2020

Richard
:thumbs_up: :| :) :D Will buy this RE as soon as it drops.

Any of you awesome Dev's up for a Sequential Circuits Pro One RE build?

OverneathTheSkyBridg

23 May 2020

I wonder how this will stack up against Arturia's OBX-a emulation?

• Information