Valhalla Supermassive - Free!

Discuss VST stuff here!
Propellerhands

20 May 2020

How to make it work? Installed only 64 bit version on my VST folder and when I open Reason I get error message. The other VST which is in same folder works just fine. Valhalla does not open. Any tips?
"Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great." - stillifegaijin on Reason

Mistro17

20 May 2020

Propellerhands wrote: ↑
20 May 2020
How to make it work? Installed only 64 bit version on my VST folder and when I open Reason I get error message. The other VST which is in same folder works just fine. Valhalla does not open. Any tips?
I just installed it and at first I didn't see the plugin at all. Then I found that the installation put it in the Program Files/Common files/ VST2 folder. Added that folder in the options/vst folders and it shows up. Not sure if this would help you though but maybe someone else who forgets sometimes plugins go outside the main VST folders by default.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 May 2020

Mistro17 wrote: ↑
20 May 2020
20 May 2020
I just installed it and at first I didn't see the plugin at all. Then I found that the installation put it in the Program Files/Common files/ VST2 folder. Added that folder in the options/vst folders and it shows up. Not sure if this would help you though but maybe someone else who forgets sometimes plugins go outside the main VST folders by default.
You can choose the install location.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

Propellerhands

21 May 2020

MrFigg wrote: ↑
20 May 2020
20 May 2020

Yes, and when I chose the correct path with my all 64bit VSTs, I still can not see it in Reason.

EDIT: It gives error message check status in Manage plugins window. And when I click enable plugin and restart Reason 11 still get same error message.
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (60.75 KiB) Viewed 2615 times
Attachments
sss.jpg
sss.jpg (119.97 KiB) Viewed 2614 times

Mistro17

21 May 2020

21 May 2020
MrFigg wrote: ↑
20 May 2020

Yes, and when I chose the correct path with my all 64bit VSTs, I still can not see it in Reason.

EDIT: It gives error message check status in Manage plugins window. And when I click enable plugin and restart Reason 11 still get same error message.Untitled.jpg
If you didn't yet, try just letting it install in the default folder (the one listed automatically in the installer) It is away from the main vst folder we would normally choose. That's what's working for me.

miscend

22 May 2020

After he threw a tantrum and said nasty things about rack extensions - it really left a bad first impression of Valhalla DSP. This is a guy that absolutely hated everything Props were trying to do at the time with the new plugin format and store. Personally I'd keep away.

EdGrip

22 May 2020

Personally I'd get over it, personally.

diminished
Competition Winner

22 May 2020

Miscend, some of the most talented and passionate developers turned their back on RE development, including U-He, and probably for good reason. Would you recommend staying away from those as well? You're missing out. And, spoiler alert, the day "hell froze over" came, for a good reason.
https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/when ... -in-reason

There's really no need to boycott developers who opposed what PropellerheadSW/RS were doing. What this forum really has enough of is corporate shills.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel β€’α΄—β€’

danc

22 May 2020

Back to Supermasssssssive.... it is SUPER and it's MASSIVE. Let's call it Supermassive.

And... my 15 and half pence thoughts. It's a great addition to the Valhalla hall of fame. Wish all the other Valhalla masterpieces were priced at ZERO! Love it and have used it in my latest Gangstar track cus it's fun and different sounding.
Check my Soundcloud:

hurricane
Competition Winner

22 May 2020

miscend wrote: ↑
22 May 2020
After he threw a tantrum and said nasty things about rack extensions - it really left a bad first impression of Valhalla DSP. This is a guy that absolutely hated everything Props were trying to do at the time with the new plugin format and store. Personally I'd keep away.
I love Valhalla because they do their own thing. And now I want to buy more of their stuff.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

dvdrtldg

22 May 2020

22 May 2020
Jesus christ mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

tronam

23 May 2020

22 May 2020
I don't ever remember him throwing a tantrum. His criticisms were pointed, honest, and justifiable from his position as a one-man independent plugin developer with limited resources. He and many others preferred embracing more open, widely supported plug-in formats instead of yet another proprietary one. I too was unhappy at the time with his decision to skip RE support, but I never would've described Sean as nasty or childish. He's probably the biggest reverb nerd I've ever encountered online and his products have always been of high quality, fairly priced (an understatement) and continually supported for years.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

QVprod

23 May 2020

22 May 2020
You're taking this personally. You shouldn't. You'd think he insulted you instead of a plugin format. Nonetheless, it's a cool plugin, and it's free.

Propellerhands

23 May 2020

21 May 2020
21 May 2020

EDIT: It gives error message check status in Manage plugins window. And when I click enable plugin and restart Reason 11 still get same error message.Untitled.jpg
If you didn't yet, try just letting it install in the default folder (the one listed automatically in the installer) It is away from the main vst folder we would normally choose. That's what's working for me.
Tried it three times, and again after your suggestion right now. Still can't load. Add all the locations, still can't load the next time I start Reason. Same error. :puf_unhappy:

zero-13

24 May 2020

23 May 2020
21 May 2020

Tried it three times, and again after your suggestion right now. Still can't load. Add all the locations, still can't load the next time I start Reason. Same error. :puf_unhappy:
I had a problem before with other VSTs, that if they take too long to load, Reason will disable them but not automatically re-enable them.

From your screen shot I see the "Enable" button is there, maybe try enabling it and try again, then if not that reboot machine and re-enable, it has worked for me before.

Did Reason hang for a long while before opening after installing the VST? If so it's probably the Auto-Timeout Disable thing happening.

Propellerhands

24 May 2020

zero-13 wrote: ↑
24 May 2020

I had a problem before with other VSTs, that if they take too long to load, Reason will disable them but not automatically re-enable them.

From your screen shot I see the "Enable" button is there, maybe try enabling it and try again, then if not that reboot machine and re-enable, it has worked for me before.

Did Reason hang for a long while before opening after installing the VST? If so it's probably the Auto-Timeout Disable thing happening.
No, Reason opens normally, with VST or without. I tried enabling it many times, after each time it says "restart reason to use VST" and after I restart Reason, I get same error and VST is still disabled.

zero-13

24 May 2020

24 May 2020
zero-13 wrote: ↑
24 May 2020

No, Reason opens normally, with VST or without. I tried enabling it many times, after each time it says "restart reason to use VST" and after I restart Reason, I get same error and VST is still disabled.
Dang, that sucks, are your other VSTs working except this one?

Maybe you already tried, this but the last I would try if I was having this problem is to download a fresh copy of the plugin in case something is maybe up with the installer?

Also as another quick troubleshooting step, Valhalla DSP has another free Delay VST called "Valhalla Freq Echo", maybe try installing that one and see if it does the same or works might be able to narrow down if it's the plugin or something else?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Sep 2020

Updated to v1.1.1
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

• Information