[D&B] GANGSTAR (Fmin - 174bpm)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

20 May 2020

GANGSTAR - big and bold and raw D&B is what I wanted to create here... with a classic vocal snatch just to remind you of the 90's.

Hope you like the serious BIG bass.
Check my Soundcloud:

EdwardKiy

20 May 2020

that percussive sounds does a good job, but doesn't quite replace the formulaic drum shuffle. it's especially noticeable every time you drop the reese. Everything else is there and is solid.

danc

20 May 2020

EdwardKiy wrote:
20 May 2020
that percussive sounds does a good job, but doesn't quite replace the formulaic drum shuffle. it's especially noticeable every time you drop the reese. Everything else is there and is solid.
Thanks Edward... it's weird... cus I actually put in a tight shuffle intentionally - cus everything else has a groove. Sometimes i need something to keep a tight ship. Let me experiment and see what I can do. I might find certain slots where I will loosen up the shuffle to add interest.
Check my Soundcloud:

danc

20 May 2020

danc wrote:
20 May 2020
EdwardKiy wrote:
20 May 2020
Thanks Edward... it's weird... cus I actually put in a tight shuffle intentionally - cus everything else has a groove. Sometimes i need something to keep a tight ship. Let me experiment and see what I can do. I might find certain slots where I will loosen up the shuffle to add interest.
Oh one question - are you referring to the hats/cymbal combo... or the kick/snare combo?
Check my Soundcloud:

EdwardKiy

20 May 2020

hh on the drops is what's missing to my ears, but I'm no DnB producer.

Skimrok

21 May 2020

danc wrote:
20 May 2020

GANGSTAR - big and bold and raw D&B is what I wanted to create here... with a classic vocal snatch just to remind you of the 90's.

Dan IMO finish this tune off man "ie longer" , this has some great potential , have a part with steady faster drum pattern ie more percussion to get it away from the dubstep half tempo feel, dont get me wrong it works so dont ditch it whatever you do because it sounds nice , lucky you have more time to fit it and boom I reckon you have a real winner , remember people like to dance and that will make it happen for the drum and bass heads old and new :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

danc

21 May 2020

Skimrok wrote:
21 May 2020
danc wrote:
20 May 2020

Dan IMO finish this tune off man "ie longer" , this has some great potential , have a part with steady faster drum pattern ie more percussion to get it away from the dubstep half tempo feel, dont get me wrong it works so dont ditch it whatever you do because it sounds nice , lucky you have more time to fit it and boom I reckon you have a real winner , remember people like to dance and that will make it happen for the drum and bass heads old and new :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Thanks SKIMROK - appreciate the THUMBS UP. I definitely plan to extend this track and agree - it needs faster drums parts.

I think I've got a winner here as well. Something gels with it - it just works as a whole.

Now for part 2 - taking it on a journey into D&B hell.........
Check my Soundcloud:

Rising Night Wave

21 May 2020

nice song. you got a like from me and a repost also. goot song.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

danc

21 May 2020

Rising Night Wave wrote:
21 May 2020
nice song. you got a like from me and a repost also. goot song.
THANKS - LOVE THAT YOU LOVE IT!!!

I spent the evening doubling the length of the track - kept the first 2 minutes as it was - not a thing changed there... just added an extra 2-minutes and ends with a reprise of my fav BASS bit from the beginning.

As SKIMROK asked - I've made it more D&B in the last part.... whilst keeping the vibe from the beginning.

I need to stop and listen with fresh ears to confirm it's cool. Might need a little tweaking here and there in last 2 mins - but i think it does take it forward into fresh territory.
Check my Soundcloud:

danc

22 May 2020

danc wrote:
21 May 2020
Skimrok wrote:
21 May 2020

Thanks SKIMROK - appreciate the THUMBS UP. I definitely plan to extend this track and agree - it needs faster drums parts.

I think I've got a winner here as well. Something gels with it - it just works as a whole.

Now for part 2 - taking it on a journey into D&B hell.........
SKIMROK - my second attempt at the last 2 minutes. I listened again this morning and realised it needed to have a much more solid bass line. The first attempt dragged the track down too much - loosing the raw energy. Anyway... have attempted with new ears... and hope you like it.
Check my Soundcloud:

Skimrok

22 May 2020

I reckon that 3.33 to 3.40 energy is wicked imo I think that should be moved forward of the 2nd part and lots more of it much more , because the first 2 mins its like a build up then wallop let them have it, ie the skank out massive will be ready to go full on , sorry my grammar is not the best in explaining and my reading is poor, give me a telephone im good on both fronts he!he! I know it can be a pain when people have suggestions so sit back and relisten at a later stage I think you twig it when you hear the whole song
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

danc

22 May 2020

Skimrok wrote:
22 May 2020
I reckon that 3.33 to 3.40 energy is wicked imo I think that should be moved forward of the 2nd part and lots more of it much more , because the first 2 mins its like a build up then wallop let them have it, ie the skank out massive will be ready to go full on , sorry my grammar is not the best in explaining and my reading is poor, give me a telephone im good on both fronts he!he! I know it can be a pain when people have suggestions so sit back and relisten at a later stage I think you twig it when you hear the whole song
I totally agree - and speaking to my mate at work he also said the same thing loving the rumble build up.

So - I will take a break (other life things get in the way) and look at re-ordering it tonight when i have time.

Thanks for the thoughts and encouragement. Will update you when done.
Check my Soundcloud:

• Information