Studio One Pros & Cons

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
gdm41

02 Oct 2019

Creativemind wrote:
28 Sep 2019
Does it have sequencer comping? think I know the answer but though I'd ask. That list above is insane lol!

The things I want the most are a decent powerful midi editor - all that Reason has since 11 + midi chase, joining notes and bonus would be paint in / type in chords + easy to use. Midi comping would be a double bonus and dump to midi like FL has (capture last recording in Logic) a triple bonus.
Regarding comping look a this vid:

@timecode 29:50

Unfortunately its not english, but you´ll get the point. You simply have to mark a part from a take it will be automatically send to track and will crossefade to another parts. You see it at 31:10, he´s just soloing each take and is highlighting the best parts, the result is at 32:00 is quite amazing, the autocrossfade is very good feature.

Here is another video regarding the midi editor:

Sadly also in german, but he created very nice macros for midi editing. For instance, select every 2nd note, send it up an octave, or just select the lower notes, split at grid etc.

Cheers,
gdm41
Start lending-> http://www.kiva.org

gdm41

22 May 2020

Reason User Tries Studio One — First Impressions

danc

22 May 2020

gdm41 wrote:
22 May 2020
Good find - and really in-depth/interesting investigation.

I use Reason as RRP inside S1 (this is after 20 odd years - or whatever duration it is - from using Reason as a DAW) and I can confirm that S1 is the preferred DAW environment for me. The in-depth Renoob review confirmed my thoughts.
Check my Soundcloud:

gdm41

23 May 2020

danc wrote:
22 May 2020
gdm41 wrote:
22 May 2020
Good find - and really in-depth/interesting investigation.

I use Reason as RRP inside S1 (this is after 20 odd years - or whatever duration it is - from using Reason as a DAW) and I can confirm that S1 is the preferred DAW environment for me. The in-depth Renoob review confirmed my thoughts.
Yeah, same for me. Used reason since 2.0 and jumped the boat 1 year ago. The "funny" thing is, only because of the standalone version
plugin of reason i did this step... so bad marketing move from propellerheads (from my view).

EdGrip

23 May 2020

I think it's safe to say Propellerheads factored that in to making RRP.

QVprod

23 May 2020

Studio One actually added quite a few 'Reason-like' features in version 3; Arranger track (Blocks), Multi instrument and macro controls (Combinator), plugin thumbnails, and perhaps some others I don't remember. I bought in at version 2 to use the few VST instruments I had (prior to Reason having VST support) and for mixing because I don't care for the mixing workflow in Reason. Honestly, if the Reason Rack Plugin had existed back then, I'd own far less VSTs than I do now. I think the 2 are a perfect marriage.

Don't think it was a bad marketing move at all. I'd wager most longtime users (outside of ReasonTalk) used multiple DAWs anyway since Reason didn't always have audio. The ones that didn't now have the option of having every sequencer feature request they ever wanted and still seamlessly use the Rack.

• Information