Do I 'need' the Turn2on effects if I have...

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
muckmclane

21 May 2020

Dear Abby:
My trial expired with many of the turn2on re's
And I am considering picking up a few during the sale.

In your opinion if you only had:
Stock vocoder
Khz resonator
Fritz
Echobode

Would you feel a need to also own:
Revoicer
Reasonator
Grainshift
Harmbode

motuscott

21 May 2020

We need to support Turn2on and other devs like him/her/it.
So yes, the answer is yes.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Loque

22 May 2020

You never NEED something, you always WANT something.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 May 2020

Loque wrote:
22 May 2020
Yep. And that something you always want is called “More”.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

22 May 2020

Loque wrote:
22 May 2020
Right! You need: air, food, water, shelter, love, to be part of something bigger than yourself. And this lamp.... that's all you need.

The question is: Are these REs necessary for your rack? And that is really a personal one. I don't think we can really answer that for you, but we can share our opinions. Here's mine.

If you already have Echobode, I'd say you are good. Echobode is the king in that department. I'd say the same thing about Fritz. It's the king in that department, too. I have all four of these REs. I always seem to reach for Echobode and Fritz first. It's a personal choice, I just like like them better. The question is, DO YOU like the Turn2On devices and do you want them in your rack?

It looks to me like you have the other areas pretty well covered, but I haven't tried either of those resonators. FYI, there is also a resonator in Kong that you can use to route audio thru. That's what I use, but I do have my eye on Turn2On's resonator. It looks very interesting and WAY deeper than Kong's, which is pretty weak with only 2 knobs (at least it has 5 models). Did you like it? I need to trial it.

I haven't tried the Turn2On vocoder, either, but I'm happy with the stock Reason vocoder. I don't vocode things very often. I have 2 other vocoders, of sorts, in my rack... Sugarbytes (I don't like it at all, I don't like any of their stuff.... I got them in a bundle) and Sonic Charge's Bitspeek, which I absolutely LOVE!

BTW, I have tried and tried and tried to use and like my Sugarbytes REs. I just can't ever get anything useful out of them. Kind of a shame.... I wish I could use them and like them, but they just sit there gathering virtual dust.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

muckmclane

22 May 2020

motuscott wrote:
21 May 2020
We need to support Turn2on and other devs like him/her/it.
So yes, the answer is yes.
I agree.
MrFigg wrote:
22 May 2020
Loque wrote:
22 May 2020
Yep. And that something you always want is called “More”.
Thanks guys for the philosophy lesson and I will now be heading to the jungle armed with nothing more than a humble intention of being one with the universe.

challism wrote:
22 May 2020
Loque wrote:
22 May 2020
Right! You need: air, food, water, shelter, love, to be part of something bigger than yourself. And this lamp.... that's all you need.

The question is: Are these REs necessary for your rack? And that is really a personal one. I don't think we can really answer that for you, but we can share our opinions. Here's mine.

If you already have Echobode, I'd say you are good. Echobode is the king in that department. I'd say the same thing about Fritz. It's the king in that department, too. I have all four of these REs. I always seem to reach for Echobode and Fritz first. It's a personal choice, I just like like them better. The question is, DO YOU like the Turn2On devices and do you want them in your rack?

It looks to me like you have the other areas pretty well covered, but I haven't tried either of those resonators. FYI, there is also a resonator in Kong that you can use to route audio thru. That's what I use, but I do have my eye on Turn2On's resonator. It looks very interesting and WAY deeper than Kong's, which is pretty weak with only 2 knobs (at least it has 5 models). Did you like it? I need to trial it.

I haven't tried the Turn2On vocoder, either, but I'm happy with the stock Reason vocoder. I don't vocode things very often. I have 2 other vocoders, of sorts, in my rack... Sugarbytes (I don't like it at all, I don't like any of their stuff.... I got them in a bundle) and Sonic Charge's Bitspeek, which I absolutely LOVE!

BTW, I have tried and tried and tried to use and like my Sugarbytes REs. I just can't ever get anything useful out of them. Kind of a shame.... I wish I could use them and like them, but they just sit there gathering virtual dust.
Thanks for the input man, I have done a bit of research and I am feeling really good about the Revoicer and 'almost there' in relation to the Reasonater.

In regards to Sugarbytes:
Let's do this right now together man: today will be a day we eradicate stuff wasting mind space and we shall start by removing those horrible contraptions from our rack and erasing our memory of them.
Edit: If I base a song on the Filter Pattern or the Slice arranger these devices are actually pretty cool.

Nerveclinic

24 May 2020

I use a number of the Turn2 effects...especially the "murder". It's such a simple fast way to get a glitchy vibe on a track. I really can't say enough about it. Of course it all depends on your style, but for me...brilliant.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 May 2020

I kind of like the Uni-vibe one.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

26 May 2020

Turn2on does have some cool effects devices, for sure. I agree that Murder is great. It's a great way to get rid of someone you don't like..... errrr, I mean it's a great effects device. It's probably my favorite of the Turn2On effects I have. I've got it and love what I get out of it every time I use it. I love Ecruos, too. Probably my second favorite behind Murder (of Turn2On effects in my rack). I also like Marspeaks, Pipeline, Angry Comp and Subcolours. I've got my eye on a few others by Turn2on, as well.... Custom-vibe, Resonator.

BradfordMoeller

26 May 2020

Cronus, Customvibe and SubColors are incredible imo.
:reason:)))

challism

26 May 2020

This could easily turn into a Turn2on appreciation thread. I don't think Turn2on gets as much love as they should. They've got some great devices, are constantly working on new stuff, they are approachable and friendly, and they quickly fix any bugs that might get found.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 May 2020

challism wrote:
26 May 2020
This could easily turn into a Turn2on appreciation thread. I don't think Turn2on gets as much love as they should. They've got some great devices, are constantly working on new stuff, they are approachable and friendly, and they quickly fix any bugs that might get found.
Yes they do.
+1
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information