JRR shop - anyone used them? Also, a question about Suite 11 upgrade from R8

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
rogfrich

17 May 2020

Hi all,

In another thread, someone linked to the JRR Shop offer for the Reason 11 Suite upgrade.

I'm currently on Reason 8 and looking to upgrade to 11 Suite. That deal looks good; in the UK, the upgrade to R8 Suite from the ReasonStudios.com online store would cost me £229. The JRR Shop price, converted into UK pounds, is £164.55 - which is a decent saving.

I've never come across JRRshop.com before. Has anyone used them? Also, does anyone know if that upgrade is valid to go from Reason 8 to Reason 11 Suite? I'd hate to find out that it's only valid from a previous version of Suite.

Last question - is there any difference in terms of support or licensing in buying from JRR compared to buying from the official Propellerhead Reason Studios store?

Rich

SymphonicDischord

17 May 2020

I actually used them for my upgrade to 11 suite and for some previous upgrades as well; they are legit. After your purchase is complete they will send you a license. Generally instantaneous unless they’ve run out and then they have to wait for a new batch to be released to them. But from another thread on here they’ve already come across that issue once so they upped they’re license inventory to avoid this problem in the future.

And yes, you are good to go from 8 to 11 suite.

DaveyG

18 May 2020

+1 for JRR shop - good people
Last answer: Nope, no difference at all. You add your new licence key to your RS account and it's exactly the same as if you bought from RS. Kinda crazy that it's cheaper elsewhere.

A tip for JRR. Put something in the basket then look to see what automatic discount has been applied. Then try "group" and "forum" coupon codes to see if you can get the price down by a few more quid.

antic604

18 May 2020

+1

Getting most of my VSTs (or DAW upgrades for Reason and Bitwig) from them and audiodeluxe.com. Reliable, usually fast and cheaper than everywhere else, especially if you're in Europe (usually same NUMBER, but in USD instead of EUR + their additional discounts).
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Skimrok

18 May 2020

rogfrich wrote:
17 May 2020
Hi all,

In another thread, someone linked to the JRR Shop offer for the Reason 11 Suite upgrade.

I'm currently on Reason 8 and looking to upgrade to 11 Suite. That deal looks good; in the UK, the upgrade to R8 Suite from the ReasonStudios.com online store would cost me £229. The JRR Shop price, converted into UK pounds, is £164.55 - which is a decent saving.

I've never come across JRRshop.com before. Has anyone used them? Also, does anyone know if that upgrade is valid to go from Reason 8 to Reason 11 Suite? I'd hate to find out that it's only valid from a previous version of Suite.

Last question - is there any difference in terms of support or licensing in buying from JRR compared to buying from the official Propellerhead Reason Studios store?

Rich
check your pm , with even cheaper instructions with the shop Im a very happy purchaser myself, or look around the forum there is many topics with happy customers , just spend 5 mins you be armed with everything :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Last edited by Skimrok on 18 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 May 2020

Skimrok wrote:
18 May 2020
rogfrich wrote:
17 May 2020
Hi all,

Rich
check your pm buddy, with even cheaper instructions with the shop Im a very happy purchaser myself
Cheaper than “forum” and “group”? Care to share? :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Skimrok

18 May 2020

sorry I was editing as you was posting
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Skimrok

18 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
18 May 2020
Skimrok wrote:
18 May 2020

check your pm buddy, with even cheaper instructions with the shop Im a very happy purchaser myself
Cheaper than “forum” and “group”? Care to share? :)
nah nothing better, ;) OP wasn't including the discount code I could see right away with transfer to pound sterling rate :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

vestapol

18 May 2020

+1 on JRRSHop always been good to me.

Ulpu

19 May 2020

Purchased once from JRRshop and would do it again. Good price and nothing to complain. Also the customer service was pretty fast even though they had busy time with the Reason sale.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

20 May 2020

What happens in these stores, is that you buy some kind code voucher, and then you have to go to the site of the brand and insert that code on some area. From there on, you have a full Reason or whatever license as if you've bought it on reason store. I'd say its pretty much the same with reason studios.

I usually prefer to buy reason stuff from Reason studios store because the money goes 100% to them, but i've bought different stuff on audiodeluxe and till now it has worked well. I've already had to use Isotope and Swam's support and its been fine.

telecode101

20 May 2020

+1 for JRR. USed them a bunch of times .

OP, did you wind up getting the suite? can you post thoughts and also listing of content that it comes with compared to R8?

Yonatan

20 May 2020

JRR only uses PayPal as paying option and pp put a paying, % fee on the order. Audiodeluxe makes you pay directly

rogfrich

21 May 2020

telecode101 wrote:
20 May 2020
+1 for JRR. USed them a bunch of times .

OP, did you wind up getting the suite? can you post thoughts and also listing of content that it comes with compared to R8?
Hi - yep, I did. Thanks to all for the advice. Buying the suite worked seamlessly. Installing it less so - but that was my fault for not checking the requirements for free disk space.

All sorted now, and I'm having a lot of fun. There's tons more than I had with R8. Reason Drum Kits seems pretty good, and I'm liking Reason Electric Bass as well. Still working my way through all the new goodies.

• Information