Omega Mastering Clipper is now available

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ForgottenClank
RE Developer

20 May 2020

Hi guys,

my new RE "Omega Mastering Clipper" is available in the shope. As mentioned in the description it will be a freebie during Black Friday.
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... g-clipper/

Cheers,
Adam

DaveyG

20 May 2020

Excellent, but I think you might have just shot down much of your sales potential.

ForgottenClank
RE Developer

20 May 2020

DaveyG wrote:
20 May 2020
Excellent, but I think you might have just shot down much of your sales potential.
I didn't see much potential anyway. This is a project I wanted to do for a long time and I'm happy it's done.

diminished
Competition Winner

20 May 2020

@DaveyG, why? Those who want it now can pay, those who can wait don't have to, but they can if they want to support the dev... It's a very fair offer, thank you ForgottenClank :) Needless to say, it looks stunning.
Spitfire does the same, except it's two weeks and you're required to fill out a survey.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

DaveyG

20 May 2020

diminished wrote:
20 May 2020
@DaveyG, why? Those who want it now can pay, those who can wait don't have to, but they can if they want to support the dev... It's a very fair offer, thank you ForgottenClank :) Needless to say, it looks stunning.
Spitfire does the same, except it's two weeks and you're required to fill out a survey.
I didn't actually intend to sound rude but, yeah, that came across as a bit harsh. Apologies.

Loque

20 May 2020

Dude! Excellent GUI! :thumbs_up:

Would be cool, if the soft/hard clipping could be free adjustable. Looks very good, gonna trial it ASAP.
Reason12, Win10

ForgottenClank
RE Developer

20 May 2020

Loque wrote:
20 May 2020
Would be cool, if the soft/hard clipping could be free adjustable. Looks very good, gonna trial it ASAP.
That may have been a missed opportunity, I agree.

Despondo
Competition Winner

20 May 2020

My dog loved the first half of your video...LOL!!!!

Yonatan

20 May 2020

What a good way to be upfront and say it will be free BF but can buy now. Honesty and transparent communication. Good spirit.

ForgottenClank
RE Developer

28 May 2020

An update is available fixing a few bugs!

DJMaytag

11 Mar 2024

Bump, since there was discussion about GClip, which apparently has left the shop.

madwurmz

13 Mar 2024

I wish the Omega Mastering Clipper sounded better because it has such a nice look, big display very useful.
But the clipping done becomes very harsh quickly, compared to the GClip.

I also bought some vst called KClip 3, by Kazrog , it was on sale but all the options it offers, feel very rich.

Now for example on drums I can stack all these clippers, like layers of paint.. :P
madwurmz from planet verbs

Loque

13 Mar 2024

madwurmz wrote:
13 Mar 2024
I wish the Omega Mastering Clipper sounded better because it has such a nice look, big display very useful.
But the clipping done becomes very harsh quickly, compared to the GClip.

I also bought some vst called KClip 3, by Kazrog , it was on sale but all the options it offers, feel very rich.

Now for example on drums I can stack all these clippers, like layers of paint.. :P
It always depends on what a clipper is doing internally, that means additional processing or the combination of algorithms is used. And ofc, if it has oversampling or not. I found i nice paper about stuff like this: https://dafx.de/paper-archive/2012/pape ... ion_45.pdf

And finally, it depends on the input signal you feed in (gain staging) or additional processing you are doing by yourself, HPF, EQing, Gating, ..., order of fx, serial, parallel and also modulation or multiband.

And ofc, if you blend different Clippers together, you have another algorithm created. Possibilities are endless.

If you need more control of your clipping needs, you may want to try this one:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... eshaper-2/

If you are interested in your own experiments, you may want to try this one. Quite easy to have your own Folding, Clipping, Shaping, ..., algorithms, as long as they are not time dependend
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7507468
Reason12, Win10

• Information