Question about Manage Plugins list

Discuss VST stuff here!
NekujaK

19 May 2020

It would be handy to have a printable list that shows all my VSTs, including the ones I've disabled in Reason, but I haven't found a way to export the Manage Plugins list. Is the list is accessible somewhere on the file system?

I'm on Reason 10, Windows.
Thanks!
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

Despondo
Competition Winner

22 May 2020

NekujaK wrote:
19 May 2020
It would be handy to have a printable list that shows all my VSTs, including the ones I've disabled in Reason, but I haven't found a way to export the Manage Plugins list. Is the list is accessible somewhere on the file system?

Thanks!
I've been requesting this feature since they added VST compatibility, but so far, no dice. One thing I tried (with some success) is to screen capture the list and then upload to an OCR app. Google notes was the one I used, and it got most of the content, but with a lot of typos.

If you were on a Mac, you could use the script in this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7517718 to generate a json list of the devices (including RE's and built-in ones) and then use a json to CSV convertor online to make a parsable list.

Another alternative is to find another VST host that can do this, but I have yet to find one.

NekujaK

23 May 2020

Despondo wrote:
22 May 2020
NekujaK wrote:
19 May 2020

Thanks!
I've been requesting this feature since they added VST compatibility, but so far, no dice. One thing I tried (with some success) is to screen capture the list and then upload to an OCR app. Google notes was the one I used, and it got most of the content, but with a lot of typos.

If you were on a Mac, you could use the script in this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7517718 to generate a json list of the devices (including RE's and built-in ones) and then use a json to CSV convertor online to make a parsable list.

Another alternative is to find another VST host that can do this, but I have yet to find one.
Thanks for the reply. I had a similar thought about screen captures and OCR. Certainly would be nice if they implemented a simple export VST list in Reason. Crossing fingers it'll happen someday... :)
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

• Information