Discuss VST stuff here!
hurricane
Competition Winner

19 May 2020

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Loque

19 May 2020

That sneaked in surprisingly...everybody wants to create a OBX atm...
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 May 2020

A good reason to wait for Arturia V Collection 8 :)
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

Loque

19 May 2020

MrFigg wrote: ↑
19 May 2020
A good reason to wait for Arturia V Collection 8 :)
Yea, for a good price and hopefully some more interesting devices...
Reason12, Win10

Italophile

19 May 2020

ASC.png
If you have Arturia products you can install the demo from Arturia Software Center.

paulred67

19 May 2020

I've just bought it for 49,-Euro. :)
Studio One 6, Melodyne 5 Studio, Nord Stage, Roland RD-88, VR-730, Jupiter-Xm, JD-08, Arturia V Collection X, Pigments 5, Korg Collection 3, East West Cloud, Sampletank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronik, Sampletron, Hammond B-3X, Blue 3, Pianoteq.

eusti

19 May 2020

paulred67 wrote: ↑
19 May 2020
How do you like it?

D.

hurricane
Competition Winner

19 May 2020

19 May 2020
That is because you already had V7.

For those that are still on V6, it's $149 for V7 and the OB-Xa. Very tempting. If Synapse's comes out at $129 or higher, that's going to make me seriously reconsider Arturia's offer.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

sdst
Competition Winner

19 May 2020

i think i can make expanse sound like this synth But better

but I will wait the Synapse, if they do the same as with the legend

then it will be good to have it

hurricane
Competition Winner

19 May 2020

Closer look:
artobxa.jpg
artobxa.jpg (400.21 KiB) Viewed 2727 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

paulred67

19 May 2020

eusti wrote: ↑
19 May 2020
19 May 2020
How do you like it?

D.
I like it soundwise, though some presets are more CPU consuming for my laptop.
Studio One 6, Melodyne 5 Studio, Nord Stage, Roland RD-88, VR-730, Jupiter-Xm, JD-08, Arturia V Collection X, Pigments 5, Korg Collection 3, East West Cloud, Sampletank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronik, Sampletron, Hammond B-3X, Blue 3, Pianoteq.

paulred67

19 May 2020

hurricane wrote: ↑
19 May 2020
19 May 2020
That is because you already had V7.

For those that are still on V6, it's $149 for V7 and the OB-Xa. Very tempting. If Synapse's comes out at $129 or higher, that's going to make me seriously reconsider Arturia's offer.
You're right, I have V7 Collection.

hurricane
Competition Winner

19 May 2020

I expected an OB-Xa to blow me away based on some of the videos I've seen. This didn't do it, so I am very curious to see how Synapse's turns out. Arturia's isn't bad, but it doesn't sound that much different from any of my other synths. The presets aren't doing it for me and that's most likely why I feel this way, although I should try and create my own before I make a final decision. Playing with the demo though, has definitely reigned in my GAS, and I would now much rather wait for V8 to get a few more synths for a similar price. It's odd for Arturia to release a single synth during the year (Pigments was an exception because it was a "new" synth and not an emulation), and of course there is high suspicion that they did so to get a jump on Synapse. So I'm expecting at least 2 more synths for V8. Now I'm highly anticipating Richard's response. Let the OB-Xa wars begin.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Loque

19 May 2020

19 May 2020
I expected an OB-Xa to blow me away based on some of the videos I've seen. This didn't do it, so I am very curious to see how Synapse's turns out. Arturia's isn't bad, but it doesn't sound that much different from any of my other synths. The presets aren't doing it for me and that's most likely why I feel this way, although I should try and create my own before I make a final decision. Playing with the demo though, has definitely reigned in my GAS, and I would now much rather wait for V8 to get a few more synths for a similar price. It's odd for Arturia to release a single synth during the year (Pigments was an exception because it was a "new" synth and not an emulation), and of course there is high suspicion that they did so to get a jump on Synapse. So I'm expecting at least 2 more synths for V8. Now I'm highly anticipating Richard's response. Let the OB-Xa wars begin.
I did not tried it yet, but this was what i thought when i heard the V7 synths. They sounded "meehhhh...ZZZzzzz..."

Maybe Arturia is losing their connection...
Reason12, Win10

hurricane
Competition Winner

19 May 2020

DIVA, and the Classic OB sound bank from Swan Audio - THAT blew me away. And the Classic OB soundbank is supposed to emulate the OB8. The OB-Xa is supposedly the fatter of the two. I don't hear that in Arturia's.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

fieldframe
RE Developer

19 May 2020

19 May 2020
It's odd for Arturia to release a single synth during the year (Pigments was an exception because it was a "new" synth and not an emulation), and of course there is high suspicion that they did so to get a jump on Synapse. So I'm expecting at least 2 more synths for V8.
I wonder if this is going to be the new way forward for the V Collection, releasing individual instruments one at a time.

It had occurred to me around the time of V7 that eventually this pace of 3-4 new synths every version would become unsustainable. There are 23 instruments in V Collection 7! It already covers an enormous breadth, from obvious classics like the MiniMoog to interesting oddballs like the Easel. You get a Fairlight and a Synclavier. It's a trunk full of Holy Grails. At what point does it get too full? Will it get too unwieldy maintaining all the older additions?

At least for now, there are still more classics out there waiting for the Arturia treatment (Elka Synthex? Polivoks?), and I'm sure there will be a V Collection 8. I could see them shifting to more new versions of the originals and fewer new synths, though.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

19 May 2020

19 May 2020
DIVA, and the Classic OB sound bank from Swan Audio - THAT blew me away. And the Classic OB soundbank is supposed to emulate the OB8. The OB-Xa is supposedly the fatter of the two. I don't hear that in Arturia's.
I agree. Synapse Legend and U-he Diva just have the analog emulations down to the detail. Arturia have been a step behind in everything "analog" so far. The Swan Audio comparison video is indeed impressive and it is only around 20 bucks, so...

If you feel trigger happy, I would hold off and wait for Synapse or just get the Swan presets if you have Diva.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

hurricane
Competition Winner

19 May 2020

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

hurricane
Competition Winner

20 May 2020

The more I play with this, the more I am liking it. I don't know what it is, but this has a cool retro sound to it...I can't explain it, and I hate to say it, but it sounds very WARM. The look of this thing is really good and retro-y and just makes me think of Thundercats and Voltron. The blue lines aren't as distracting as some thumbnails make it appear. Arturia's presets though, don't do it justice (I don't like their presets for any of their other synths either). And I wish there was a global effects bypass switch because the presets sound better to me without effects (as they do in all their other synths, in my opinion).

Unfortunately, Synapse need to come out with a really aggressive price point now - for me to buy it at least. $99 or lower and you have my attention. Their synth also has to sound WAY better than Arturia's - and I mean it has to have a drastic jump in quality, because if they end up sounding somewhat similar, and if they price their OB at what I think they're going to price it ($129), then Arturia is getting my $$$. As much as I want to wait for V8, I've got ants in my pants and I want to buy some new toys now - I'm definitely not buying any REs, and I don't see anything else out there. So, let's go Synapse - you have until June 9th cuz that's when Arturia's promo price ends.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

fieldframe
RE Developer

20 May 2020

Has Arturia said if (or when, I would presume) they'll be adding a few presets from OB-Xa to Analog Lab?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

20 May 2020

To me the 20 buck preset pack here sound better:

Here: Synth A is Diva, Synth B is analog hw.

10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

hurricane
Competition Winner

20 May 2020

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

VariableX

20 May 2020

20 May 2020
hope they release a RE!

hurricane
Competition Winner

20 May 2020

It looks like it is RE ready, but who knows. Buy the VST get the RE for free, if it's anything like The Legend.

GUI award goes to Arturia. "Obsession" looks too plain and Legendy. I don't like the name either. Here's hoping it sounds great. The only things that can save it (or doom it) are price and sound.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

VariableX

20 May 2020

20 May 2020
It looks like it is RE ready, but who knows. Buy the VST get the RE for free, if it's anything like The Legend.

GUI award goes to Arturia. "Obsession" looks too plain and Legendy. I don't like the name either. Here's hoping it sounds great. The only things that can save it (or doom it) are price and sound.
yeah i'd never use it as a Vst so no way i'd buy it in that format.
Interestingly I think the Synapse looks better and I like the name too haha, guess we are all different.

• Information