Who is Sef Nitty?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Jagwah

19 May 2020

Dude uploads Reason videos, mostly Trap as far as I can tell, the thing is ALL his Reason videos have a rough average of 700 views each and there's no slowing down in viewers or videos.

Anyone know who he is?

Crazy numbers for Reason videos, much respect.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SefNitty3000/videos

WongoTheSane

19 May 2020

Isn't it weird that he sells "free eXode refill bundle"?? He might have an arrangement with eXode, but the idea of including free stuff in a paying bundle is weird.

https://wavrunnerz.com/store (first item on the page)

littlejam

19 May 2020

hello,

i deepdived the youtube channel
it's been around for 7 years
the person appears to start as a rap video director
then started uploading music producing videos
views started getting bigger around reason 9.5
2 years ago

a lot of the videos that have a lot of views
seem to be tied to the successful rapper sef nitty is emulating

i listen to rap / hiphop
i live in brooklyn
i've had the 'how to make a drake beat tutorial' beat bangin for 3 hours now
the sound is dope
and watching this person using reason is instructional for me

it'll be coolcool if exode chimes in about the refill

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

EnochLight

19 May 2020

I didn’t know he was selling stuff and including a free eXode refill. If eXode didn’t agree with that and give his consent, then that’s messed up. Thanks for the heads up - reaching out to eXode now.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

eXode

19 May 2020

We are not affiliated, he hasn't reached out, and we certainly don't have any form of agreement.

Bit hard to assess what's included in his packages though, seems like he's trying to profit from/piggybacking on Exode's reputation...

EnochLight

19 May 2020

eXode wrote:
19 May 2020
We are not affiliated, he hasn't reached out, and we certainly don't have any form of agreement.

Bit hard to assess what's included in his packages though, seems like he's trying to profit from/piggybacking on Exode's reputation...
Exactly, which is not only unethical, but down right shady. I’m sure he lurks around this forum. Maybe he’ll see this thread and see how it looks?

Are you going to reach out to him?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

eXode

19 May 2020

EnochLight wrote:
19 May 2020
eXode wrote:
19 May 2020

Exactly, which is not only unethical, but down right shady. I’m sure he lurks around this forum. Maybe he’ll see this thread and see how it looks?

I haven't found a good way to do so, would prefer an email address. But I'll see if I can be bothered, since it's difficult to verify whats actually in the package. Also, some people just aren't worth the attention.
Last edited by eXode on 19 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.

joeyluck

19 May 2020

Hmmm... MIDI pack vol. 2:

"20 Complex Piano melodies that u can drag and drop into any Instrumental sequencer ,Root note and tempo are included, Custom Angelic Piano combinator and 3 refills (Analog Monster Vol. 1,2 and 3 included also)"

And then for Guitar Combinators Plus Bundle:

"My Personal and Favorite Custom Guitar Combinator Patches, Along with 3 Free Refills that must be installed to use these patches. Refills included (PHAT_Math) (GM-MODUL) (AKAI Guitar Sample Collection)"

joeyluck

19 May 2020

eXode wrote:
19 May 2020
EnochLight wrote:
19 May 2020

I haven't found a good way to do so, would prefer an email address. But I'll see if I can be bothered, since it's difficult to verify whats actually in the package. Also, some people just aren't worth the attention.
It looks like he is including commercial ReFills in his other products. See my last post.

eXode

19 May 2020

joeyluck wrote:
19 May 2020
Is Pink Noise aware of this as well?
I just PMed him anyway.

Philup

19 May 2020

also Uniphonic? He is bundling their Phat Math refill that sells for $49.00 in the shop in his own bundle for $11.00.

eXode

19 May 2020

He also advertises free "Ambient Drums" ReFill with every purchase. Could it be Nucelus Soundlabs Ambient Drums ReFill?
I've contacted Nucleus Soundlab about that as well.

Loque

19 May 2020

eXode wrote:
19 May 2020
EnochLight wrote:
19 May 2020

I think it doesnt make any difference, whats included, because he is selling his stuff with your name.

In the 2nd stage you can considere, whats included in his stuff.

I would claim his account as a copyright violation. But...i am not at Youtube and i give a f*$%& on this guy :-D
Reason12, Win10

Oquasec

19 May 2020

Sef Nitty is a producer like protostar, jelie or cid dro.
He's just a beatmaker as far as I know, maybe a rapper too.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

eXode

19 May 2020

*redacted*
Last edited by eXode on 20 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.

WarStar

19 May 2020

"Who's is Sef Nitty? Now a mystery case.."

VHS

19 May 2020

eXode wrote:
19 May 2020

You may have an agreement with them, but I figured I should let you know Cymatics has been releasing wavetables from Expanse. They mostly change the names which seems shady. Though one in Xfer Serum Starter Pack is just called PWM Exode (Exode PWM 1 in Expanse)

Figured I'd let you know since the topic of theft came up.

Jagwah

19 May 2020

Well damn these revelations, hope Exode can sort out these freeloaders!

ProfessaKaos

19 May 2020

Jagwah wrote:
19 May 2020
It's how the internet Hip Hop community is, recycle and resell other people's work as their own, especially drum sample packs/kits. A lot of most popular so called Hip Hop/Youtube kit makers all distribute the same sounds just rename them with new metadata and/or process them with a different plugin which makes them believe it is now their own product. People really don't care anymore, people will do anything for money in this day and age. It is possibly why most Hip Hop music all sounds the same.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

Mistro17

20 May 2020

ProfessaKaos wrote:
19 May 2020
Jagwah wrote:
19 May 2020
It is possibly why most Hip Hop music all sounds the same.
Not to get off topic just wanted to add to this thought. I feel the same way. I'm a NYC Gen-X person who saw Hip Hop evolve from it's birth. It used to be so diverse until the South style got popular and everything gravitated to today's trap beats. Before hip hop was taken seriously, we were all exposed to a huge range of music on the radio that crossed many genres (R&B, David Bowie, Cindy Larper, Blondy etc.) It all sounds the same now because people are in bubbles. No more diverse melodies and dynamic ranges in the music. Mostly low end, a looping melody and a million hi hats that sets off car alarms when passing by. Hard core rap used to be underground only heard locally (not that I don't listen to hard stuff) but now it seems like just a hustle for many. I have nothing against the style, I just miss the diversity of hip hop music like we had in the 80s and very early nineties.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

20 May 2020

eXode wrote:
19 May 2020

All this lockdown isolation .... JP is concerned about you and worries muchly for your welfare talking about yoursef in the third person!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 May 2020

JiggeryPokery wrote:
20 May 2020
eXode wrote:
19 May 2020

All this lockdown isolation .... JP is concerned about you and worries muchly for your welfare talking about yoursef in the third person!
:lol: It does make a person sound a bit like a caveman talking about oneself in third person.
Nitty took refill from Bubba. Now Bubba mad.

Sorry eXode. Just joking around here. Love your stuff and it would be great if this Nitty butthole stopped with this shitty behavior. He deserves to be called out. Hope it works out.

DaveyG

20 May 2020

I was convinced "Sef Nitty" must be an anagram but I can't get anything sensible out of it. At least not in English. Maybe I'll try every other language in the world. Back in a mo.

EdGrip

20 May 2020

Yusef = Sef. Nitty = slang?

• Information