(Synthpop) Starter Wife by Pacific Deep

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Some Desperate Glory

15 May 2020

It's been a while, but Raymond and I have made a new Pacific Deep track. It's called Starter Wife and it is a bit unusual compared to our usual stuff. In fact, it came about the same way as our very first collaboration did, years ago. Basically, I listened to one of Raymond's analog hardware synth instrumentals (Biorhythm) and liked it very much, but heard a Pacific Deep track hiding in there. So I got the stems from Raymond, and re-arranged the song into a more pop format, as well changing around the drums a bit and adding a bit of percussion. The music is still 100% Raymond's analog synthesizers, but vocals, percussion, and arrangement are all done in Reason.

We hope you like it!

Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

Biolumin3sc3nt

15 May 2020

I dig it. Perfect for this very sunny day here in Wisconsin. I think I'll play it again hehe. Nice Job!

Baylo

15 May 2020

Very cool. Reminiscent to me of Human League / early Depeche Mode.

But what I really want to say was I love your avatar. Brings back happy memories of Music-X. :-)

jappe

15 May 2020

I expected to hear nice music with nice vocals from you, and I got it, again...well done :thumbs_up: :puf_smile:

I agree with Baylo, there is some Human League in this, and early Depeche as well.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

16 May 2020

Not really my style, but cool nonetheless.
Great work :thumbs_up:

Synthopathe

16 May 2020

Very good vocal and loved the synthesizers. The drums suited the song. So did the bass but I thought it could have more release at times and go deeper. A well worked song!

FHtH

16 May 2020

Great! Also it caused an association with the Human League.

Some Desperate Glory

17 May 2020

Baylo wrote:
15 May 2020
Very cool. Reminiscent to me of Human League / early Depeche Mode.

But what I really want to say was I love your avatar. Brings back happy memories of Music-X. :-)
Thank you! We weren't going for Human League but I can totally hear it now.

Believe it or not, I never used a tracker with my Amiga. I was using Bar and Pipes as a straight sequencer to control my hardware synths. In hindsight I wish I had gotten into the tracker scene. Some amazing music came out of that.
Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

Some Desperate Glory

17 May 2020

jappe wrote:
15 May 2020
I expected to hear nice music with nice vocals from you, and I got it, again...well done :thumbs_up: :puf_smile:

I agree with Baylo, there is some Human League in this, and early Depeche as well.
Thanks Jappe! I listened to the song in your signature and quite liked it! What does Triage mean in Swedish? In English it means deciding who is most injured and should be treated first.

Some Desperate Glory

17 May 2020

Synthopathe wrote:
16 May 2020
Very good vocal and loved the synthesizers. The drums suited the song. So did the bass but I thought it could have more release at times and go deeper. A well worked song!
Thank you for the feedback! I'll see if Raymond wants to play around with that. I noticed he modulated the release of the bass throughout the song.

Scoobyman II

18 May 2020

Commented on Soundcloud yesterday. Nice to hear the story behind it.

jappe

18 May 2020

Some Desperate Glory wrote:
17 May 2020
jappe wrote:
15 May 2020

Thanks Jappe! I listened to the song in your signature and quite liked it! What does Triage mean in Swedish? In English it means deciding who is most injured and should be treated first.
Thanks!
Yes, triage is the word for that in Sweden too.
It's a song expressing my sad impressions on the Corona crisis and the impact from a swedish perspective, sung in southern swedish dialect.

gullum

18 May 2020

synth bass line remindes me of Ryan Paris - Dolce Vita
I like it got a nice 80's vibe to it

Baylo

18 May 2020

Some Desperate Glory wrote:
17 May 2020

Believe it or not, I never used a tracker with my Amiga. I was using Bar and Pipes as a straight sequencer to control my hardware synths. In hindsight I wish I had gotten into the tracker scene. Some amazing music came out of that.
Actually, I never used a tracker, either. I couldn’t wrap my head around them at the time, but admired those who did. Some of the Amiga demo scene disks were insane. You can find them now on YouTube of course.

I used Music-X to drive my Roland JV-30 and add a few samples played by the Amiga itself. Many nights at university were spent concocting terrible compositions! Good times!

• Information