Synchronous key trigger

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Marc64

15 Apr 2016

I want an update on Synchronous to trig it with key press not only freerunning. sure its possible with a combinator and some tweaks as I have done but it would be much easier to trig it :)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

EdGrip

29 Nov 2016

Hello!
Zombie thread - what's your workaround to get Synchronous to be key-triggered?

hannibalchew

18 May 2020

EdGrip wrote:
29 Nov 2016
Hello!
yes would love to know also

EdGrip

18 May 2020

hannibalchew wrote:
18 May 2020
EdGrip wrote:
29 Nov 2016
Hello!
yes would love to know also
Never did find out. I use Reasonistas SideChain ReAction for that job now - but Shape by Lectric Panda is on sale for 9 bucks and it'll do what you need.

dv8godd

18 May 2020

I think the OP is referring to using another device that can run an envelope or ramp LFO to adjust Master Offset through the Modulation Routing in a combinator. This "works", but it's glitchy and clicky. In this example you can use the "trig" button on Pulsar to restart the loop.
back.jpg
back.jpg (81.23 KiB) Viewed 663 times
front.jpg
front.jpg (103.29 KiB) Viewed 663 times
Honestly, I wish Props/RS would just add a retrigger button. I know they (almost) never update anything, but it's such a small ask and such a stupid, stupid omission from the device in the first place.
- dv8godd

dv8godd

18 May 2020

Actually... there is another way to get it to work, now that my brain got rolling on it. May not work in every application, but it may work sometimes as a hack:

1. Add Synchronous as an Insert Effect in the Mix Channel
2. Set Synchronous however you wish
3. In the Mix Channel's Programmer section set Source: Rotary 1, Target: Master Offset
4. When you want to "retrigger" the effect, automate Rotary 1 to the starting position (you'll have to do some timing calculations)
alt.jpg
alt.jpg (33.66 KiB) Viewed 656 times
In this example, I used automation on the rotary to set the Master Offset to "-16". This has the effect of retriggering the loop by moving the starting position.

Keep in mind: once the automation returns to default value, the loop will return to the initial timing, so if you need to keep the new loop going, extend the automation. Using this technique you should be able to jump around within the complete Synchronous loop at will, provided you have the patience to automate all of it.
- dv8godd

MannequinRaces

18 May 2020

I’m going to have to try this out! Thanks.

NDKay

08 Jul 2020

+1

+ Patterns would be great.
This is a SmartAss. Really nothing more than that !

• Information