Screw it...I’ll start it. May Madness 2020

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
buddard
RE Developer

12 May 2020

Nerveclinic wrote:
11 May 2020
Didn't the May Madness sale start but this time last year?
Last year was May 17 - 31.

Ulpu

12 May 2020

I wonder if they will discount Reason11 upgrade price since it wasn't discounted on the punch with Suite etc earlier this month? I didn't need the Suite, only waiting for the "normal" Reason11 upgrade to be discounted.

AlanK

12 May 2020

Hi Guys

New to the Forum,I didn't realise this Forum existed after the Original Props Forum was closed down..Boy have I missed alot with Reason users.

Anyway I've been trawling through some of these threads to catch up and came across this one

In respect to the may madness sale,and those waiting for an Upgrade discount to R11,have none of you taken advantage of the Reason Suite discount sale it ended Sunday I think??

For me it was a no brainer,I've been on R10 for a while,and decided not to jump on R11,like I always tend to stay behind the curve with upgrades,and have held off to goto Suite because of the full Price,but the recent discount for the Suite version was an oppurtunity I couldn't resist.

I was going to upgrade to R11 for the Normal price,however for an extra £70 uk pounds I was able to purchase the full Suite as they had a £40 discount recently for the suite software,although I had a few of the RE included anyway,there was quite a few that I hadn't got which I had my eye on for a while,and 3 of those if I purchased seperate would have cost me over the price of the Suite anyway so it made no sense to not go for the suite option based on the recent discount,surely there must have been others that have taken advantage of the recent discount,I guess sometimes it pays to wait rather than get all the REs just because they are there.

I do however think that Reason should change the Loyalty/Rewards system so that some kind of discount for those RE's that people already purchased would generate you points to use towards an upgrade,I also think they should not have a time limit of using them,I have lost points because I thought they would add REs as they go,sadly I traded in my points to use and the RE's that were in the store I already had so lost the points which is a farce,they should have every RE in the rewards points selection,not a few that are forcing you to spend more money because hte points don't cover the purchase price!

ab459

14 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
08 May 2020
ab459 wrote:
08 May 2020
I think i will grab sequences and vk2 (finally), and perhaps loopcracker pack.
All good choices.
TY did grab all today.
Frankly to say Stepped playback mode in Sequences came surprise opening to me, damn imo that feature worth alone.

Nerveclinic

15 May 2020

I've been demoing the Mixfood synths today. Pretty impressed. Maybe not that different than other synths but they each have many presets and they are now only $9 so even if you are essentially buying a preset pack of new sounds rather then a unique synths it seems like a great deal. anyone work with them a lot and have any impressions to share?

ab459

16 May 2020

Would be good if Lectric Panda stuff will be on sale during May as well. (Want to grab Evolution and Kompulsion :puf_smile: )

Reasonable man

16 May 2020

I've stayed up tonite looking for something to happen in the shop so i can get into even more cred card debt but there's nowt there yet

EdGrip

17 May 2020

I don't think Evolution will be on sale, just to manage expectations

ab459

17 May 2020

(Well, although, if it will be the same value which was at intro, then can say it can be grab even as is. But already without haste lol)
And in principle similar thing can say about Kompulsion, after his decreasing.
Well, will see.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 May 2020

Right. I’m away to my bed. See you all tomorrow when the whole thing kicks off. :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

17 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
17 May 2020
Right. I’m away to my bed. See you all tomorrow when the whole thing kicks off. :).
I see you shiver with anticip…...

Biolumin3sc3nt

17 May 2020

It only took Me 6 years, but I finally picked up Selig Gain just now.

Silly, I know! :)

VIVIsect

17 May 2020

ab459 wrote:
16 May 2020
Would be good if Lectric Panda stuff will be on sale during May as well. (Want to grab Evolution and Kompulsion :puf_smile: )
I'm considering Kompulsion as well. I'm currently trialing it and I really like it a lot. Enough that I would pay full price for it, if it weren't for the fact that I already own numerous other sequencer plugins/REs. Hard to justify buying another one! But if the price drops any lower then I'll definitely grab it. :D

jam-s

17 May 2020

..... aaaaaaaand it's on.

ab459

17 May 2020

VIVIsect wrote:
17 May 2020
I'm considering Kompulsion as well. I'm currently trialing it and I really like it a lot. Enough that I would pay full price for it, if it weren't for the fact that I already own numerous other sequencer plugins/REs. Hard to justify buying another one! But if the price drops any lower then I'll definitely grab it. :D
jam-s wrote:
17 May 2020
..... aaaaaaaand it's on.
Omgomg :!: :thumbs_up:

Edit Bought both :thumbs_up:

ab459

17 May 2020

Thinking about Euclidean Rhythms too, hmm need trial.
Added damn and Resonans it seems lol
Last edited by ab459 on 17 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Gardinski

17 May 2020

Quickest May Madness yet. In and out in 2 minutes.
'Maia Orange'... £35. Thank you very much. And we're done.

(…….... I think.)

Boombastix
Competition Winner

17 May 2020

Shape LFO is $9 bucks. Anyone still putting it to good use? If so, to do what?
I'll probably try it to see if it is easy to modulate filter LFO speed and depth.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

challism

17 May 2020

Boombastix wrote:
17 May 2020
I'll probably try it to see if it is easy to modulate filter LFO speed and depth.
I use Shape all the time. If I want something fast and easy, just to kick out a basic sine wave, I grab Pulsar. But if I want to have 100% control over the waveform, I grab Shape, without question. It has so many great features. It can generate random waves and then you can sculpt them exactly how you want them. You can draw waveforms freehand. You can record waveforms from external devices. You can change the start and end positions of the waveform. It has different run modes. Waveforms have up to 640 bands. The waveform edit controls are extremely useful and thorough. And then look at all the CV ports on the back. In my opinion, it's the best LFO in the shop and I don't really see how any other LFO could be better. I wouldn't know how or what to suggest to Lectric Panda to improve Shape; the Panda thought of everything.

$9 is an absolute steal. Everyone should grab it for that price.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

VariableX

17 May 2020

challism wrote:
17 May 2020
Boombastix wrote:
17 May 2020
I use Shape all the time. If I want something fast and easy, just to kick out a basic sine wave, I grab Pulsar. But if I want to have 100% control over the waveform, I grab Shape, without question. It has so many great features. It can generate random waves and then you can sculpt them exactly how you want them. You can draw waveforms freehand. You can record waveforms from external devices. You can change the start and end positions of the waveform. It has different run modes. Waveforms have up to 640 bands. The waveform edit controls are extremely useful and thorough. And then look at all the CV ports on the back. In my opinion, it's the best LFO in the shop and I don't really see how any other LFO could be better. I wouldn't know how or what to suggest to Lectric Panda to improve Shape; the Panda thought of everything.

$9 is an absolute steal. Everyone should grab it for that price.
gotta agree with this! $9 is a steal of a deal.

MannequinRaces

17 May 2020

Wish Forgotten Clank Studios had a bundle.

VIVIsect

17 May 2020

Went ahead and grabbed Nostromo and Propulsion. And I am done for the year!

challism

17 May 2020

VIVIsect wrote:
17 May 2020
Went ahead and grabbed Nostromo and Propulsion. And I am done for the year!
Nostromo I cannot recommend highly enough. It's amazing. I don't think it gets enough praise or attention. It's easily one of my top synths.

Propulsion is so much fun, too. It's a great drum sequencer. I haven't given it much love since Reason's Drum Sequencer (player) came out, but I need to revisit Propulsion. Pretty much all of my old school pre-player utility "instruments" have been overshadowed by the shiny, new Players. I need to dust them off and use them more often. I think the players are my go to because you hit the ground running (no wiring involved) and they have note to track.

I need to use Propulsion more. I love that it has longer patterns than Drum Sequencer (32 instead of 16) and it has way more patterns banks (16 instead of 8). It's also nice to have all 16 Kong notes in one device, instead of having to use 2 Drum Sequencers. It also has more control over the playback speed than Drum Sequencer. Wiring the CVs in a pain in the ass, but once you save a patch, you just reload it (or an even BETTER IDEA is to load up one of the combi setup patches from the soundband - something I always forget to do). I love to use Propulsion for ghost notes and drum fills. I like to turn up the playback rate and let it kick out some low velocity ghost notes. It's great.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MannequinRaces

17 May 2020

Would be nice if Tonicmint had a bundle and if Enlightenspeed updated their bundle to include melodic inverter as well. Think about it. :)

VIVIsect

17 May 2020

challism wrote:
17 May 2020
Nostromo I cannot recommend highly enough. It's amazing. I don't think it gets enough praise or attention. It's easily one of my top synths.
For sure! I trialed it awhile back and was pretty amazed by the sounds that it's able to produce. Even if you just mash the random button you're bound to eventually come up with something cool and totally unique sounding.

• Information