[HOUSE] UP2 (f#min - 128bpm)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

11 May 2020

On the happier side of house for me this one. Wouldn't say Happy House... kind of Optimistic House let's say.

Bass sounds kind of like a deep/beefy 303 - but it's actually Reason's very own stock Monotone synth. This synth always wants to play ball with me - which a lot of bass synths don't always kindly do. Bounced a synth loop I made and then ran it through various processes like Thrash 2, SpecOps to get it gritty and morph over time.

Chord stabs brought alive using 2caudio's Breeze 2.5 reverb (my new fav reverb when you need to mould into shape). Stab created inside NN-XT.

Talking about Breeze (reverb)... it was used across various percussion elements (especially the hats - being slightly more alive on the open hats) to give it a vibrant, but keeping it under control higher end. Spent time to get the stereo field / panning right on the mid / higher end percussion.
Check my Soundcloud:

Kov

16 May 2020

Well done. Some of the short breaks remind me rhythmically of Aphex Twins "Windowlicker".

• Information