Changing harddrive query - vst licences

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Popey
Competition Winner

14 May 2020

Hi I am looking to add a ssd to my pc and run the os from that (windows 10) and use the current hdd in my pc for storage. I will clone the current hdd to the sdd and still have old hdd in the pc so will this affect my licences?. Has anyone done this before and did you need to take any extra steps re vst licences etc.

dwiggle

15 May 2020

I have a similar query. I have Windows installed on one drive and audio software on another. I want to transfer the drive with audio to a new drive. Is there an efficient way to do this without having to reinstall everything? Can I just copy it all across than reassign the new drive with the same drive name as the old one?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 May 2020

Popey wrote:
14 May 2020
Hi I am looking to add a ssd to my pc and run the os from that (windows 10) and use the current hdd in my pc for storage. I will clone the current hdd to the sdd and still have old hdd in the pc so will this affect my licences?. Has anyone done this before and did you need to take any extra steps re vst licences etc.
Be in the safe side and deauthorize the VSTs on your pc, iLok etc before making any hardware changes. Once you’re all done and set up again you can authorize again. That’s what I always do.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

zoidkirb

15 May 2020

Deauthorize.
Take the opportunity to get your serials, passwords, installers etc all in order now, as it's nice to be ready anyway for future hardware changes.

Popey
Competition Winner

17 May 2020

Hi thanks for the advice everyone I deauthorised everything to be on the safe side. All good and os switched to ssd now.

• Information