Moog Subharmonicon getting a proper release?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Faastwalker

11 May 2020

Certainly looks that way. And it's had a significant overhaul from the Moog Fest Workshop original if the leaked pics are legit;

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... eaked.html

O1B

11 May 2020

Very, very interested.

I wonder what that QUANTIZE button does....?

Faastwalker

12 May 2020

First video. Not the best demo but it's pretty much confirmed now. No doubt more videos will follow soon from all the usual suspects :thumbs_up:

O1B

12 May 2020

Ordered! I hope I snagged one in time.

Just watched the first few minutes w/Loloop before pulling the trigger ... Same coin as a Behringer - so, hey! :)

$699.... but - use your Discount Codes... fyi.

Faastwalker wrote:
12 May 2020
First video. Not the best demo but it's pretty much confirmed now. No doubt more videos will follow soon from all the usual suspects :thumbs_up:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fixl4VQbRWA

O1B

12 May 2020

I Love 'em! - but, Perfect Circuit should upgrade their INFO videos.

... why does patching SEQ1 to VCA make a SOUND? Yo no comprende. :redface:
Faastwalker wrote:
12 May 2020

O1B

12 May 2020

Just Released!

Gaz

and a New Loolop

Faastwalker

12 May 2020

The floodgates are open now!! EVERYONE’s got one! :shock:

...... I woke up at 3 in the morning after having a really weird dream where I appeared to be in Close Encounters of the Third Kind part 2! :? Naturally I checked for new videos ....... don’t think I’ll be going back to sleep now. I’m going to make a cup of tea and settle in for the Subharmonicon shows I think :thumbs_up:

O1B

12 May 2020

In stock at Control for those State-Side. I got a 2nd.
There is a lot here.

Faastwalker

13 May 2020

Sadly, in no small part to Trump's insane import tariffs, the price of a lot of good coming out of the US has sky rocketed. Especially those that rely on imported parts. Moog imports boards & components from China. So they are subject to the orange ones 25% import hike! This translates particularly badly to Australia where we already get hammered with the exchange rates. I bought a new Moog DFAM from a reseller in Sydney a couple of months back. It was $900. The current price is $1500 for the DFAM & the Mother 32. In fact all Moog products (and I guess much of the stuff from the US) has had huge price hikes. Another reason to despise Trump! The damage to small to medium size businesses in the US is catastrophic. Moog are saying they may have to lay off staff & even move the entire manufacturing division overseas. It's fucking crazy. Anyway, sad to say but I won't be buying a Subharmonicon anytime soon. If it was released before the price hike quite possibly. Just hope they get Trump out of the white house ASAP & replace with a government that is less corrosive to pretty much everything beyond big business & the fossil & pharma industries.

Article from a couple of years back;
https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/07/ ... iffs-moog/

Moog official news letter;
https://us2.campaign-archive.com/?e=&u= ... a2684e1453

O1B

13 May 2020

Sorry, my Man. I do hope that things change for you all down the Road.

Enjoy the DFAM... I gotta snag the Mother and DFAM for a Proper experimental Moogla Bass, Keys, and Drum.
Faastwalker wrote:
13 May 2020
Sadly,.... the price of a lot of good coming out of the US has sky rocketed. Especially those that rely on imported parts. Moog imports boards & components from China. So they are subject to the ... 25% import hike!

Article from a couple of years back;
https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/07/ ... iffs-moog/

Moog official news letter;
https://us2.campaign-archive.com/?e=&u= ... a2684e1453

O1B

14 May 2020

I'll Fire it up in a Bit. Fits nicely in a Gator MixerBag,
Looks like it's time to Try the Mother32 or DFAM for HPF, LFO, and other Goodies.

fyi. As per Control in Detroit, there WAS/IS a 2nd batch...NOW!..., and COMING UP a 3rd in July, so grab it if you intend to Try it Now. fyi.
Moog-SubH1-O1B.png
Moog-SubH1-O1B.png (993.13 KiB) Viewed 3010 times
Did you grab the other from Brooklyn, Selig?

O1B

17 May 2020

Inspiring.
It doesnt REPLACE Bread and Butters, IMO, but NOW, I can study the LowEnd, ARPing, and T-t-t-tempo!

It’s one of the most creative sound generators that I’ve ever used,
I wish it had a pitch fine tune button, but it does fine tune.

The sound is Moog,
Independent Audio outs make for nice panning Control of the Bass and Treble,

Ample ins and outs - no Audio In that i see.
The filter and creative sequencers - Pitch and Tempo, resp. Leads to some awesome places,

The sweet spots are many, it’s very inspiring - industrial, orchestral, BRASSY, to Start.

Sucks sucks sucks to move the dials after finding the Red Zone, but, alas - no presets.
I want another, but may try the mother or DFAM first.
Passed through a Frostwave, Heat mk2, or Biscuit. .... Nice.

After having had Volcas, Model D n Crave, and, Boutiques, it’s nice to have a portable Moog now.

Play on, Wayne!
0D8427BD36F4B56223074C51471749DABCC8F999.jpeg
0D8427BD36F4B56223074C51471749DABCC8F999.jpeg (37.07 KiB) Viewed 2971 times

Faastwalker

17 May 2020

Nice, O1B :thumbs_up: Are you in the States? Can you buy me one & send it over? :D They're much cheaper in the US. I emailed Sweetwater asking how much for shipping to Australia. With the currency conversion the price came out a little over $1000 AUS. A HUGE difference on the $1500 they are selling for here! As usual, we get shafted in Australia. Anyway, Sweetwater wrote back & said they are unable to ship this product outside of the US!! :x

O1B

18 May 2020

I have no Problem w/that, FW. I'm in NYC.
The SubH is sold out until mid June-July for now, FYI.

I have a second on Order, if/when i receive it, I can send it to you, instead.
I see they're Jacking up the $$$$ of the last few immediately available ones.... Great sign This thing is a hit!

Consider, though: $1000 AUD = $650 USD. That's regular' Price, fyi. That's a Great Deal.
Faastwalker wrote:
17 May 2020
Nice, O1B :thumbs_up: Are you in the States? Can you buy me one & send it over? :D They're much cheaper in the US. I emailed Sweetwater asking how much for shipping to Australia. With the currency conversion the price came out a little over $1000 AUS. A HUGE difference on the $1500 they are selling for here! As usual, we get shafted in Australia. Anyway, Sweetwater wrote back & said they are unable to ship this product outside of the US!! :x

Faastwalker

19 May 2020

O1B wrote:
18 May 2020
I have no Problem w/that, FW. I'm in NYC.
The SubH is sold out until mid June-July for now, FYI.

I have a second on Order, if/when i receive it, I can send it to you, instead.
I see they're Jacking up the $$$$ of the last few immediately available ones.... Great sign This thing is a hit!

Consider, though: $1000 AUD = $650 USD. That's regular' Price, fyi. That's a Great Deal.
It's a huge difference (currently at least) between US & AUS prices. So I'm determined to get one from the US by some means. June/July might work well for me because it's close to tax return time. Will see how things pan out down the track & go from there :thumbs_up:

O1B

19 May 2020

Faastwalker wrote:
19 May 2020

It's a huge difference (currently at least) between US & AUS prices. So I'm determined to get one from the US by some means. June/July might work well for me because it's close to tax return time. Will see how things pan out down the track & go from there :thumbs_up:

EdGrip

20 May 2020

Subharmonicon with new Valhalla Supermassive.

https://m.soundcloud.com/seancostello/s ... nicon-no-1

O1B

20 May 2020

I know - right?!

It's the BEST for that. You have
- 6 voices that can come and out of nowhere..
- Quabbity Control over VCA and VCF
- Killer Killer ARP/STEP sequencer
- CV Bay (For my super fast and super slow PH-4 QuadLFO, or ENV GENs)
- Mindful Transport Control

DRONE HEAVEN
EdGrip wrote:
20 May 2020
Subharmonicon with new Valhalla Supermassive.

https://m.soundcloud.com/seancostello/s ... nicon-no-1

Loque

20 May 2020

O1B wrote:
19 May 2020

Faastwalker wrote:
19 May 2020

Funny...just saw the movie and thought about how to make this sound. Anybody could create it?
Reason12, Win10

O1B

11 Jul 2020

Loque wrote:
20 May 2020
Funny...just saw the movie and thought about how to make this sound. Anybody could create it?
ModFx METAVOX .. or any Vocoder. Noise or SQR INPUT works. ...
or a Phaser ... SPH-2 works well.
then... add QU-Bit Prism... or a Kaossilator KP3+ or the lil Red one..
and... a Synth...

... or Traktor and an X1 MK2!

O1B-ModFx-MetaVOX1.JPG
O1B-ModFx-MetaVOX1.JPG (185.02 KiB) Viewed 2784 times
Loque wrote:
20 May 2020
O1B wrote:
19 May 2020

EdGrip

12 Aug 2021

I bought a Subharmonicon. Signal Sounds had a B-stock offer that was too good to refuse.

I read a lot of opinions that the Mother-32 is the one to go for, because the SH is niche and weird and a one-trick pony. But that's why I was drawn to it, over the M32 and Dreadbox synths. I followed my instincts.

Having played with it for nearly a week, I made the right choice. It's about getting drawn in - working towards a rhythmic sequence of harmonic texture where turning the frequency of an oscillator up or down a tone feels like changing an emotional filter. Pure flow, not trying to come up with a riff on a keyboard. It's very meditative.

The Microbrute makes a good CV keyboard, though I'd need a mult to play both oscillators in unison. I've got lots of milage out of using one osc as a drone and playing the other with the keyboard, while the SH sequencer rhythmically triggers the amp EG and a bit of filter EG, the and Microbrute ADSR contributes to the filter cutoff.
Patching different outputs into the filter cutoff input allows various filter FM timbres - gnarly bass yaws and yows that can be mixed with the suboscillators at interesting pitch intervals.

Etc etc etc. All of this nonsense can be direct sampled into the Digitakt - in this way, two or more chord-ish recorded sequences can be chained together, or simple nasty bass notes sampled.

When you take resampling into account, I think it's a much more versatile source of timbres than the M-32 and worth its extra money. But it's as a meditative hour-vanishing machine that I'm enjoying it right now.

• Information