Crossing of the Grade

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Raveshaper

13 May 2020

I didn't want to dump another hot take into the general category, so this looks like the appropriate place.

As I mentioned previously, I'm in therapy now, working things through, supporting my progress in my mental health issues with medication management. All of this is good because I definitely need it. As part of the process, I've been cultivating positive outcomes and learning to let go of things that cause my mood to stagnate in a bad place.

Image Steinberg

I've cross-graded to Cubase Pro 10.5.12 and received my eLicenser through the post. The cost of switching was cheaper than the full MSRP of Reason 11, and thanks to lockdown money I could make the jump.

I've read threads now and then, chimed in only a couple of times in several months, but it's just not worth it to me personally to keep engaging with the toxicity in this space anymore. I've blocked the forum through uBlock Origin so I can't visit. I found that all I was doing was sneaking a peek to feed my schadenfreude toward the always hovering mirage of the downfall of this company. That's not healthy.

I debated for a time whether I should even post here again, whether doing so would go against focusing on positives, but this was a sizable portion of my life and growth as a music producer, so it felt right to at least say something one last time. I understand why nobody responds to what I put on here anymore. That's on me. I own that I have been pretty unstable and the ship has definitely sailed. No hard feelings, I get it, it's just time for me to move on.

Cubase means I'm starting over, but that's ok. I still have the knowledge I gained and now I can apply it with more precision. I'll keep Reason for a while so I don't lose my old work, but I'm looking forward to learning something new. The learning curve is steep, the workflow is very different, but most of all the walls that must be worked around are far fewer. I'm trading frustration and compromise interrupting creativity for learning and inspiration facilitating creativity. I know nothing is perfect, but this seems like the right fit for me.

I'm not going to preach to anybody or suggest anything for others to do. This is my path and I must lead as a good example to myself toward who I want to be.

I guess that's it. Thanks for putting up with me as long as you did, wish things could have gone differently, but hindsight is always 20/20.
I hope that times ahead find you and yours healthy and safe. Keep the fire alive, keep making music.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

EdwardKiy

14 May 2020

How old are you?

Jackjackdaw

14 May 2020

You can use both mate. They are both great and both flawed. Dont let corporate nonsense get inside your head, Steinberg will do your nut in as well if you invest that kind of emotion into your DAW manufacturer. Also the Reason forum is much more fun than the Cubase one. It is DRY over there!

• Information