Sequences from Robotic Bean - 1.3 is out!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
motuscott

02 Apr 2020

Buddard you are the hero we don't deserve
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

xbitz

03 Apr 2020

buddard wrote:
02 Apr 2020
xbitz wrote:
29 Mar 2020
dear developer :) please add the "muted from track" feature to able to mute it from the sequencer same way as I can do it with the drum sequencer player device, thx so when it's muted please stop emitting MIDI notes that's all IMO
Sequences 1.3.2 has just been released, so now it supports "Muted from track"! :puf_bigsmile:
thank you, you won a rent-to-own subscription this was my only concern during the demoing :puf_smile: could you ask the developer of https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ompulsion/ to do the same as you :mrgreen:

or don't you want to support custom scales as Kompulsion can do it at this moment this only feature what I miss
ofc it should work on per pattern based :puf_smile:
:reason: :recycle: :re: :record: :refill: :rt:

BananaSkins

04 Apr 2020

https://roboticbean.com/files/sequences ... 0Guide.pdf
User Guide States:
COMBINATOR PATCHES
Even though Sequences does not support patches, it ships
with a few Combinator patches that demonstrate some basic
use cases. You can find them in the Rack Extensions/Sequences
folder in Reason’s browser.

Where are these combinator patches please?

robotgard

04 Apr 2020

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

BananaSkins

04 Apr 2020

robotgard wrote:
04 Apr 2020
You can find them in the Rack Extensions/Sequences
Page 14

:? :? :?

buddard
RE Developer

04 Apr 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
30 Mar 2020
Request: a type of conditional trigger. Like play this step or note every other time, every 3 times, 4... :)
Trigger conditions are pretty high in our backlog, and we've already done some preliminary designs for it. :)

buddard
RE Developer

04 Apr 2020

xbitz wrote:
03 Apr 2020
or don't you want to support custom scales as Kompulsion can do it at this moment this only feature what I miss
We feel that scales is something that can easily be done outside Sequences, i e in Scales & Chords or similar player that you add after it in the chain.
That way, we can use our resources (and the space in the UI) to focus on new sequencing features instead. :puf_smile:

buddard
RE Developer

04 Apr 2020

BananaSkins wrote:
04 Apr 2020
https://roboticbean.com/files/sequences ... 0Guide.pdf
User Guide States:
COMBINATOR PATCHES
Even though Sequences does not support patches, it ships
with a few Combinator patches that demonstrate some basic
use cases. You can find them in the Rack Extensions/Sequences

Where are these combinator patches please?
It seems you're reading an old copy of the User Guide, from Sequences 1.0. A lot has happened since then, so please download the latest User Guide here.

Among other things, Sequences received a patch browser in 1.1, so now you can easily find the combi patches using that. :)

Screenshot 2020-04-05 00.10.58.png
Screenshot 2020-04-05 00.10.58.png (92.57 KiB) Viewed 2239 times

PhillipOrdonez

04 Apr 2020

buddard wrote:
04 Apr 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
30 Mar 2020
Request: a type of conditional trigger. Like play this step or note every other time, every 3 times, 4... :)
Trigger conditions are pretty high in our backlog, and we've already done some preliminary designs for it. :)
This is just amazing to read right now. Thanks in advance. Wow!

xbitz

05 Apr 2020

buddard wrote:
04 Apr 2020
xbitz wrote:
03 Apr 2020
We feel that scales is something that can easily be done outside Sequences, i e in Scales & Chords or similar player that you add after it in the chain.
That way, we can use our resources (and the space in the UI) to focus on new sequencing features instead. :puf_smile:
ahamm, and what about solving it with removing non-used rows(aka folding) https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=138689 in this case you wouldn't have to study the all the scales :mrgreen:
:reason: :recycle: :re: :record: :refill: :rt:

challism

05 Apr 2020

xbitz wrote:
05 Apr 2020
buddard wrote:
04 Apr 2020

ahamm, and what about solving it with removing non-used rows(aka folding) https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=138689 in this case you wouldn't have to study the all the scales :mrgreen:
I don't believe folding in this way is possible in Players at this time. I also agree that this issue is easily solved by stacking an instance of Scales & Chords below Sequences. Then you can dial in your own custom scale or use one of the default scales (then set it to notes instead of chords). Buddard makes a lot of sense in his reasoning. Robotic Bean's time and efforts are much better spent focusing on features that aren't available in other devices (especially stock devices). Why spend time and energy on redundant features when it's so easy to drag and drop a solution to the issue from your browser window.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

buddard
RE Developer

12 May 2020

We've updated Sequences to 1.3.3, which has some minor additions, tweaks and bug fixes:
  • When several notes are selected, editing a lane property for one of them now edits all in parallel. If you Shift-click, each note will start at their current value, but they will change together until one of them hits the min or max value
  • Added a small progress bar for Auto Reset, and made the "flash" when it retriggers a little more subtle
  • Tweak: The length mode switch now responds more accurately to clicks and drags, and you can also click on the text labels directly
  • Bug fix: Cmd/Ctrl-clicking to the left or right of the note grid would result in a "Max Pattern Size Exceeded" message
  • Bug fix: In Stepped mode, some incoming note on messages could be missed under very specific circumstances

Loque

12 May 2020

Nice. Thanks RB!

The multi-edit is good :thumbs_up: . And the bug fixes too :-D
Reason12, Win10

PhillipOrdonez

12 May 2020

Thanks RB!!!!

Jackjackdaw

12 May 2020

I love the attention this player gets with the updates. I was pretty excited to hear about the trig conditions being on the cards. Great work!

buddard
RE Developer

12 May 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
12 May 2020
I love the attention this player gets with the updates. I was pretty excited to hear about the trig conditions being on the cards. Great work!
Thank you!
Yes, those are currently planned for 1.4. :D

max|waves

13 May 2020

buddard wrote:
12 May 2020
Jackjackdaw wrote:
12 May 2020
Thank you!
Can't wait! Thank you!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 May 2020

I’d seriously love to retrial this after all the additions since version 1. Guess there’s no chance of resetting the trials. Or...? :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

buddard
RE Developer

15 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
15 May 2020
I’d seriously love to retrial this after all the additions since version 1. Guess there’s no chance of resetting the trials. Or...? :)
No, we asked and got the reply that it's not possible to reset trials right now, but it should be possible again later (we have no idea when).

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 May 2020

buddard wrote:
15 May 2020
MrFigg wrote:
15 May 2020
No, we asked and got the reply that it's not possible to reset trials right now, but it should be possible again later (we have no idea when).
Thanks man
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Sterioevo

15 May 2020

buddard wrote:
12 May 2020
Thank you!
[/quote]

Great! Will Elektron provide some inspiration? The fill function on the Digitakt is very cool....

PhillipOrdonez

15 May 2020

Sterioevo wrote:
15 May 2020
buddard wrote:
12 May 2020
Thank you!
Great! Will Elektron provide some inspiration? The fill function on the Digitakt is very cool....
[/quote]

That'd be brilliant!

buddard
RE Developer

15 May 2020

Sterioevo wrote:
15 May 2020
buddard wrote:
12 May 2020
Thank you!
We're definitely borrowing some inspiration from the Elektron stuff, like when we implemented it for Step Note Recorder.

We haven't decided about a fill/variation function yet, but it's still under consideration. The question is how you would trigger the fill -- Would you do that via CV only, or would we have to add another button for that on the front panel?

Sterioevo

15 May 2020

buddard wrote:
15 May 2020
We're definitely borrowing some inspiration from the Elektron stuff, like when we implemented it for Step Note Recorder.

We haven't decided about a fill/variation function yet, but it's still under consideration. The question is how you would trigger the fill -- Would you do that via CV only, or would we have to add another button for that on the front panel?
As long as it is remotely assignable. Then you can assign a momentary midi button to it, and Bob's your uncle :)

buddard
RE Developer

15 May 2020

Sterioevo wrote:
15 May 2020
buddard wrote:
15 May 2020

As long as it is remotely assignable. Then you can assign a momentary midi button to it, and Bob's your uncle :)
Not everyone use hardware controllers, though, and many don't seem to have momentary buttons...
And you can only assign Remote to something that is represented on the front panel (although there are ways to "cheat" by binding the property to a custom display).
We'll have to think about this!

• Information