Internal sound card for reason studio

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
johnab

28 Apr 2020

I have searched the forums and elsewhere many times for an answer....
what internal PCIe souncards are recommended (win10) to run Reason 11 with minimal latency

i am looking at usb Keyboard controller straight into Reason. Not, at this stage wanting to add guitars and vocals.
I am using an arturia keylab 81 in my present setup and getting atrocious jitter and distortion at all stages of my attempts at music making.

demt

03 May 2020

soundblaster is worth giving a glance there are several models
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

johnab

13 May 2020

Thanks demt, yes I am presently running SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY RX but finding it very crackly and poppy at low latency so am looking to go upmarket but all they offer are gaming sound cards which I dont know will help my situation.

DaveyG

13 May 2020

Anything with a ASIO driver should work but you'll get much better choice and results from a budget USB audio interface.

TheDragonborg

13 May 2020

Professional quality PCIe audio interfaces are really expensive...

kuhliloach

13 May 2020

For all purposes but recording I'd avoid that and simply run ASIO4ALL so you can have low-latency using whatever audio chip you already have. Great for sequencing, producing, mixing, etc. For recording an external interface is probably the best idea. I find it sad that to this day Windows 10, out of the box, is terrible for music and audio compared to the basic great functionality of Apple's Core Audio. This overall failure from Microsoft is just one of the reasons I keep leaning towards the Mac for audio.

TheDragonborg

13 May 2020

I use the Asio4All driver with my Presonus Audiobox USB because it has lower latency than the official driver... lol

• Information