NNXT CV out to trigger GQ-7 low cut filter?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
WarStar

10 May 2020

I don't have alot of experience with CV stuff but I'm trying to trigger the HPF on the GQ7 to duck a bassline. I'm trying to do that with NNXT but I'm not seeing any kind of CV out on the NNXT to send to the GQ7. Am I missing something?

Like i said my CV knowledge is pretty minimal.

friday

11 May 2020

Can you please share some more infos about the NNXT CV Out you use, so i can comprehend your setup in reason.
Last edited by friday on 11 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.

ljekio

11 May 2020

NNXT isnt help you, use mod matrix of Thor for it.

WarStar

11 May 2020

friday wrote:
11 May 2020
Can you please share some more infos about the NNXT CV Out you use, so i can comprehend your setup in reason.
The thing is there doesn't seem to be a CV out on the NNXT... So I don't have any routing cuz there's nothing to route.. I was just wondering if I was missing something or if there was a work around.. I could always automate volume but wanted to know if there's another work around. I've tried so many different ducking methods and really haven't been happy with many of them except for volume automation.. I have the pump but that seems a little wonky sometimes after release.. tried sidechain comps but attack isn't fast enough. Same with the ochenk Carve, which is great for other things but for a kick to bassline bassline ducking the attack isn't quick enough.. just picked up the G8 gate a couple days ago so I'm gonna check that out today..

Any ideas?

Electric-Metal

11 May 2020

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ic-driver/

Takes incoming audio to trigger CV out. Hope this helps.
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

WarStar

11 May 2020

Electric-Metal wrote:
11 May 2020
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ic-driver/

Takes incoming audio to trigger CV out. Hope this helps.
Thanks! I'll check this out!

WarStar

11 May 2020

Well after lots of trial and error trying different CV stuff and pump, carve, etc I decided to use elements splitter And automated the low band.. works really well especially puting some saturation on the high band.. pretty smooth now.. thanks for the suggestions!

• Information